Forever Came Too Early

Forever Came Too Early [Oneshot]

I has wanted to update this on Christmas day but I didn’t get a chance to. Plus, I had no internet access. I just hope you guys (and girls) forgive me.

*********************************

 

Yunho leaned back on his chair. Tears seemed to never stop coming. His hands clenched around the ring in his hand. The edges bit into his skin but the small pain didn’t register in his mind. The swirling of the snow outside reminded him what time it was.

They could have all been together right now. Laughing just like the family he saw outside playing in the snow.

In his mind he cursed whoever up there took JaeJoong from his side. ‘Why? Why did you have to take him from us? What did I or he do that made you separate us?’

They had been together for a long time. Ever since the both graduated from high school, they made a promise to be together forever. But it seemed forever came too early and stopped that morning.

JaeJoong stretched his hand to Taemin. The little boy ran to his adoptive father/umma. “Umma?” he whispered.

Yunho walked to stand next to the hospital bed. He picked up Taemin and sat him down next to the pale man. Taemin cuddled against JaeJoong. Yunho sat at the foot of the bed. He knew that this would be the last time that they could be together like this. His eyes prickled with unshed tears.

JaeJoong seemed to know what was in Yunho’s mind and beckoned him closer to him. Yunho got up and sat on the other side of his love. Yunho wrapped his arm around his husband/wife.

They both looked down when a sniff was heard. Taemin’s little shoulders shook as he hugged JaeJoong.

“Taeminnie, don’t cry. Shh… it’s alright, sweetie.” JaeJoong rubbed small circles on his son’s back.

Taemin lift his head. “It’s not alright. Your leaving me too. Just like my real umma and appa did.”

Jae pulled into a tight hug. “Don’t think that. I’m not leaving you. I don’t know about your real parents reason for not being here with you, but I am not leaving you. Just because I may not be standing there in front of you but I’ll be watching over you.”

He pulled Taemin away and put his hand over Taemin’s heart. “I’ll be in here always. I’ll continue to live in your memories. So don’t say that I’m leaving you.” Turning to Yunho. “Plus, your Yunho Appa will be there for you.”

Yunho looked at Taemin and gave him a small smile and ruffled his bowl-cut hair.

It wasn’t long afterwards that the machine connected to JaeJoong went flat line. Luckily Yunho had sent Taemin home with Junsu and Yoochun. It took more than one nurse to make him let go of JaeJoong’s lifeless body.

“Appa?” A soft voice came from the door.

Yunho turned and saw their little boy there. Fresh tears fell down his cheeks. Opening his arms wide, Taemin ran to his appas arms. Not a word was said. Yunho could only hold him close.

“Appa? Don’t cry.” Taemin said as he pulled away. His small hands came up and wiped away Yunho’s tears. “Umma said that we shouldn’t cry. That he may not be standing here in front of us but he’ll be watching over us.”

Yunho gave him a wobbly smile. The tears started to form once more. Taemin put his arms around his appa’s neck and hugged him tight.

“Taeminnie, I’m going to give you something very special to your umma.” Yunho opened his hand and showed him the very ring he had given JaeJoong the day they graduated. “This was the first ring I gave your umma that said that we would be together forever. I‘m going to give it to you so that you can always carry something of him with you wherever you go.”

Turning Taemin to face the window he took off the necklace that they had given him his first birthday that they spent together after his adoption. The ring clinked as it came to rest against the chain. Taemin leaned against his appa after Yunho put the chain back on.

Yunho looked out the window and saw the swirl outside the window. ‘BooJae, I’ll try to raise Taeminnie just like you wanted. I’m not sure how I’ll do it but I’ll try.”

*******************************

I’m sorry I killed JaeJoong. Wow I just realized that I’ve only written sad and angst pieces in YunJae. Forgive me. *puppy eyes* Comment please. I would like to know what you thought of it.