It'll never be the same

It'll never be the same

 

”I can’t deal with this anymore, Jiyong.” Seunghyun said and looked at me with sad eyes. We did fight sometimes, but this time it was different. I caught the sob in my throat, I would not cry in front of him. Not now.
Seunghyun, on the other hand, cried freely. The warm tears streamed down his face as he stood leaned against the kitchen counter.
“Yes, you can. We always get through things, together. Seunghyun, stop.” I said and shook my head, mostly to get that little strand of my hair away from my forehead. But it was damp and wouldn’t do what I wanted it to. I sighed and focused on Seunghyun again. His posture was weak, his back was arched and slumping.
“We’re not happy anymore. You’re not happy.” He quietly mumbled and sobbed. It was getting harder for me to keep myself from breaking down completely.
“I know… I know, Seunghyun. But we can make it better.” I didn’t even believe my own words, they felt like acid on my tongue. Lies, there was so many lies now a days.
I looked at Seunghyun and a sad smile was plastered on his lips.
“It’s so dark now. Remember how things were? They will NEVER be like that again, Jiyong!” he said loudly, making my body twitch a little. I hated it when he yelled.
“I will try, more and better, this time. Please Seunghyun just don’t let this one fight change everything.”
“I cheated on you, and that’s not what I want for this relationship. I don’t want us to be broken.” Why did he have to pull this up again, I had forgiven him for that.
“I forgave you. What do you want? For me to hate you?! Because I can’t do that, I won’t do that.” I said as I felt a tear escape, and now there was no way back. I sobbed loudly and fell to my knees. How did everything end up like this? Seunghyun didn’t even budge from his place on the other side of the room.
“I’m not so happy with all of this, either.” He said and patted his face with the arm of his shirt. Why can’t people rewind time? I would, if I had the chance.

“Seunghyun, please…. Please just come here.” I sobbed, face against the floor. There was no response. After a minute I wondered if he even had heard me, but then I felt him kneel beside me, his big hands brushing my back. Trying to comfort me, like always.
I raised my head to look at him, to touch him. I just wanted this to be over with and us going back to the ordinary. Maybe this time I could try harder.
His other hand found itself at my neck, supporting my head to keep it upright. I was so tired. My own arms were at my sides, limp.
“I’m sorry.” I said quietly, and his thumb traced the outline of my bottom lip.
“Me too” he whispered. What could I do to make this end? I just wanted Seunghyun to be happy. Preferably with me in the picture. I was too selfish, I don’t know if I could ever live without him.
“Please kiss me.” I begged. I knew that I sounded like a person with no self-respect but I couldn’t care less. I just wanted to feel him.
He nodded and leaned in to trap my smaller lips with his full, perfect ones.
I felt the fire, somewhere deep down inside of me. See, it’s not gone? I would say to him, but he can’t feel it inside of me. I wondered if he had his own little flame that was burning for me. Or did it burn out already? 
I kissed back, and tugged slightly at his lip. He took the hint, as always, and parted his lips. The kiss was sloppy and wet, both from saliva and our tears meshing in the kiss.
I wanted to show him that I still had the urge and that I still loved him, in every way possible. So I raised my arms, heavy as they were, and placed them at his neck, my fingers feeling their way up his hairline.

His black hair was so soft and I couldn’t help myself but I smiled into the kiss. He responded to my eagerness with his hands gripping hold of my waist, pulling my body closer to his.

As we broke the kiss, we both breathed heavily. Seunghyun still had his eyes closed but I could see a hint of a little smile playing on his lips.
“Can’t you see, feel, how much I love you?” I said and brought one of my hands to his jaw, fingers caressing his wet cheek. He opened his eyes and I could see the little flame inside of him. He nodded.
“We should probably sleep, Ji. I’m sorry for tonight.” Seunghyun said and pulled me up with him, walking quietly towards our bedroom.
I kissed him lightly on the lips as I laid myself down on the bed. I bucked my hips upwards to drag down my pants. Seunghyun helped drag them off of my feet and threw them at the closet.
He sat down on his side of the bed to get rid of his own pants. I crawled under the cover, it was cold.
I turned towards Seunghyun and felt my cheeks blush as he pulled his shirt over his head. I couldn’t get used to the way his whole being was utterly perfect. My hands traced the outline of his spine and I felt him shudder. He laid down and our eyes met.
Tears escaped their way out of his eyes and he smiled lazily at me. I felt my heart tug inside of me.
“I love you so much, Choi Seunghyun.” I said and leaned over to kiss him. He kissed me back. It was sweet and perfect, just like him.
“I love you too, Kwon Jiyong.” He said and let his hand stay put on my cheek. I felt myself being drained, so I simply closed my eyes and laid back.

As Seunghyun watched the smaller man drifting off to sleep, he sighed and spoke in a whisper.
“I love you so much, but I can never keep you happy.”

The next morning when Jiyong woke up, Seunghyun was gone.