The Liar

The Mysterious Singer

"IU!" Yoona shouted, catching up with IU. IU turned and smiled at Yoona.

"Ah, Yoona! What's wrong?" IU asked. Yoona finally caught up with IU, and started panting.

"My big brother is going crazy over you!" Yoona said, still panting. IU widened her eyes, her heart beating faster and faster.

"B-But why?" IU stuttered, getting excited.

"Well, yesterday, at dinner, he kept jabbering about a girl playing guitar and singing--" Yoona stopped to catch a breath, "That was you, right?" IU nodded eagerly, smiling.

"Oh, good! I thought I was mistaken with someone else. Anyways, and he kept saying, 'I want to meet her some day, whether she's pretty or not' and he kept smiling! He's asking everyone!!! I'm so happy for you, IU!" Yoona explained, grinning. IU squealed, glad that now Seulong would recognize her.

"Where is he right now?" IU asked.

"Um.... I'm not sure. All I know that he's asking the boys only because he doesn't trust girls," Yoona replied, shrugging her shoulders. IU pouted, her hands on her hips.

"Then how am I going to tell him that it was me?" IU asked, whining a bit. Yoona smiled.

"Simple! Him," Yoona said, pointing at Yoseob who was coming towards them. IU mouthed an "O" and then smiled back at Yoona. When Yoseob arrived, he waved and smiled at the two girls.

"Girls, how are you?" he asked. He found them still smiling at him. He raised an eyebrow, stopping his smile.

"Um, are you guys okay?" asked Yoseob, feeling a bit nervous.

"You know what, Yoseob? We're really fine! It's just... we have a favor a boy can only do," Yoona said, winking and wrapping her arm around Yoseob's neck. Yoseob widened his eyes and took a big step back.

"Wait! Is that favor just like in 3rd grade? Where I had to go inside the girl's restroom and throw toilets at those populars because you guys told me too? Cause if it is, I'm not doing it!" Yoseob said quickly. IU and Yoona stared at each other for a moment. Then, they bursted into laughters.

"I soooo remember that one!" Yoona said, still laughing.

"Yeah! Those girls were so mean! But when we told Yoseob to do that, OMG! IT WAS FUNNY!" IU said, wiping her tears. After a while, Yoona and IU recovered from their laughters.

"Anyways, it's not that. It's about IU. You do you want to help your friend, right?" Yoona asked, glaring at Yoseob. Yoseob nodded, without being afraid of Yoona's glare. He would do anything to help the one who he truly loves. Yoona smiled at Yoseob.

"Good! We're about to get Yoona together with Seulong!" Yoona beamed. Yoseob frowned.

"NEVER MIND! I'M NOT HELPING!" Yoseob shouted, turning around. IU's smile melted away. Her expression was sadness, as she saw her best friend going to class. 

"Hey! Hey! HEY~ YOSEOB! Aish.... what's his problem? Well, we'll find a way, alright IU? Don't worry," Yoona assured her. IU just nodded, but she still had hope. The bell rung, and the two rushed to class, not wanting to be late. They arrived to class just in time as they sat to their assigned seats. IU sat in front of Yoseob, who was still frowning. She lightly slapped her hand on Yoseob's arm.

"Yoseob-ah! It'll make me really happy if you help me! You know how much I love Seulong!" IU pleaded with puppy-eyes. Yoseob just sighed. IU-ah! It'll make me really sad if I help you! You don't know how much I love you! Yoseob thought, twisting IU's words. IU stared at him, wondering what he was thinking.

"Yoseob!!!! Please?" IU asked, her hands clasped together. He just shrugged.

"Wae? Why can't you help me?" IU asked, pouting. This is my chance! Yoseob thought. He took a deep breath.

"It's because... because..." All thought the words, "I love you," wanted to come out of his mouth, only "because" came out. Yoseob panicked, as he wiped his sweat.

"It's because I want to know what it is!" Yoseob blurted, cursing himself. IU smiled.

"All you have to do is go up to Seulong and tell him that I was the one who sang and played the guitar. I can even prove it to him if he wanted me too," IU explained. Yoseob looked on the ground, thinking. His eyes rolled to IU, who was waiting for an answer. Her elbows were on his desk, as she leaned closer to know the answer. Yoseob bit his lips.

"Fine, fine! I'll help!" he growled, scrunching his forehead. IU grinned as she hugged Yoseob. Yoseob blushed, looking away from IU.

"Gomawo, Yoseob! I'll repay you with anything!" IU squealed. The hug lasted for a bit longer, and then finally, IU release herself. Yoseob just nodded, his face upset.

"Your welcome," he replied quietly as IU took her seat. The teacher was late (again) as the kids started to fool around. The doors opened, and the students quickly took their seat. They sighed in relief when they saw it was Seulong. Then, they gasped when Seulong had his arm wrapped around Min Ah. Yoona's and IU's mouth widened, including their eyes. 

"EUREKA! I FOUND HER! Everyone, meet my girlfriend, Min Ah. Please be kind to her. If you don't, you'll have a piece of me," Seulong warned, holding a fist. The class nodded quickly. Yoona felt hurt and angry at her brother, IU felt heartbroken and betrayed, while Yoseob's eyes shined brightly with hope. Does this mean I have a chance? he thought, staring at IU.