Advice

The Mysterious Singer

"WAH!~" IU whined, playing with her food. Yoona bit her lower lips, glaring at her brother.

"This is so not right! He doesn't even love her!" Yoona protested, taking a bit of her sandwich.

"Well, it is kind of right. Your brother doesn't even like IU," Yoseob pointed out, eating his lunch. Yoona glared at him, who flinched. 

"Aish! She doesn't even have the right to claim that he's her boyfriend!" IU grumbled, eating her bab and kimchi. 

"Well, we'll find a way. In the meanwhile, we're going to have to watch my brother far away," Yoona said, trying to comfort IU. IU just whined a bit longer. Yoseob stared at IU the whole time he was eating. What should I do to make her fall in love with me? What should I say to her? Do I even have the chance? Yoseob thought, repeating these questions in his mind. 

"Hey, IU, is your brother home today after school?" Yoseob asked. IU nodded.

"But he has work soon. Why?" IU asked, titling her forehead.

"Do you think he'll mind if I visit him?" Yoseob asked. IU thought about that for a moment.

"I think he won't mind. You just have to make it quick. We'll walk together after school," IU decided. Yoseob just nodded, eating his lunch.

"Ya, after lunch, what are you guys doing?" Yoona asked, getting out her phone.

"Well, I was going to the recording studio to finish recording our project. You know, make a song and record it with your voice? That project? I'm partnered with a girl named Gayoon. How about you guys? Are you guys almost done?" Yoseob asked, looking at Yoona and then IU.

"Oh, I'm done! My partner was a girl! I was sooo lucky! Her name is Kwon Yuri. We sang pretty well. What about you, IU?" Yoona asked, as the two friends stared at IU.

"Er, my partner is this guy named Park Sang Hyun but he calls himself 'Thunder'. We're planning do some kind of Christmassy song, but so far, it's not going well," IU informed, scratching her head.

"What's the problem?" Yoona asked.

"Thunder," IU grumbled. Her eyes narrowed as she saw Thunder approach them. Yoona and Yoseob turned and waved at Thunder.

"Hey Jieun!" Thunder greeted.

"It's IU! IU!!! IU!!!" IU repeated, shouting her stage name. Thunder just shrugged, while Yoona and Yoseob chuckled.

"Anyways, we have to record the song, you know that, right?" Thunder asked. IU glared at him.

"Of course I know that!!! We haven't gotten anything done!!! How am I suppose to graduate if you aren't cooperating!" IU shouted, her eyes flaring with flames.

"Easy! You write the song, and I sing it," he winked, and left off. IU dropped , while Yoseob and Yoona held their laughters. He's expecting me to do everything?! IU thought, scrunching her eyebrow. She sighed and rested her head on the lunch table.

"My day is getting worse by the minute," IU complained, closing her eyes. She sighed once more, as Yoseob patted her back.

"Well, your day will get better when I go home with you," Yoseob assured, smiling at her. IU opened her eyes and looked at Yoseob for a moment. Then, she sighed again, closing her eyes. 

 

At IU's Apartment Room...

"UGH!" IU growled, going inside the door. Yoseob held back his laughter, not wanting to make IU feel bad. While they were going home, a car had sped quickly by them. The car also ran through a big puddle, which splashed on IU. She was now soaked with water, and her day was getting worse. Taeyang, IU's older and protective brother, came from the living room. He widened his eyes in surprised, wondering how she got so wet.

"Hey, Jieun-ah! Why are you wet--"

"IT'S IU! IU!!!!" She shouted, going to the bathroom to take a warm bath. Taeyang raised an eyebrow, and turned to see the visitor. He smiled when he saw Yoseob.

"Hey, man! What's up?" Taeyang asked, slapping Yoseob's hand. Yoseob smiled.

"Nothing's up. Except one thing. Anyways, can we talk? It's about IU," Yoseob said shyly. Taeyang smiled back.

"Well, I was going to ask what was wrong with Jieun, but go ahead! If it's about my sis and you're asking me about her, it must be important," Taeyang said, sitting on the sofa. Yoseob sat next to him, looking around the room.

"Wow, it's so clean!" Yoseob complimented.

"Jieun did the chores. I just throw things on the ground. Anyways, what was it you're going to say?" Taeyang asked. 

"I.... I like IU... a lot," Yoseob confessed shyly. He blushed, as he turned his head. Taeyang smiled, while raising his eyebrows.

"Oh really? And how much is a lot?" Taeyang asked, getting interested.

"Like... a lot lot. Like, I fell in love with her," Yoseob explained, blushing furiously. Taeyang chuckled.

"Jieun and Yoseob, sitting on a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby--"

"Aigoo~ Stop teasing me, hyung!" Yoseob complained. He was deep red, but he was frowning at Taeyang. Taeyang laughed and patted Yoseob's back.

"So did you confess to her?" Taeyang asked. Yoseob shook his head.

"What?! Then what's the point of telling me?" Taeyang asked, frowning. 

"Well, I need help. Like, something else comes out of my mouth instead of 'I love you'," Yoseob explained, still blushing. 

"Show me," Taeyang commanded, pointing at IU who came out. Yoseob turned red, feeling a bit embarrassed that he was confessing her in front of her brother. Yoseob got up and came towards IU.

"IU.... I.... I....I...." Yoseob stammered, panicking. He was turning redder than ever, and sweat started forming on his palm.

"You what?" IU asked, staring at Yoseob. Yoseob swallowed his saliva slowly, wiping his sweaty palms on his jacket.

"I.... I... PANCAKES!" Yoseob shouted, take a deep breath. Taeyang held back his laughter. 

"Pancakes?" IU asked, staring at Yoseob strangely.

"Exactly! Pancakes! I want.... pancakes right now! Can you make me some pancakes?" Yoseob asked. IU slowly nodded, going to the kitchen to make pancakes. Once she was out of the room, Yoseob sighed. He turned to Taeyang, who was smiling at him. Yoseob glared at him.

"Fine! Laugh! Laugh as long as you want to!" Yoseob said, rolling his eyes. Taeyang then bursted into laughters, holding his stomach. After a few minutes, Taeyang started to chuckle.

"You, sir, definitely need my help," Taeyang pointed out. Yoseob just nodded, as he slunk onto the couch.

"How can you help me, though? Pretend you're IU?" Yoseob asked, looking at Taeyang.

"Well, I'll do one thing. I'll forbid Jieun to be with any other guy except you," Taeyang planned. Yoseob's heart and face lit up with joy. YES! IU, your brother rocks! Yoseob thought. Yoseob smiled at Taeyang and extended a hand.

"Deal," Yoseob said, "And I'll try to confess my love and let IU fall in love with me."

"Deal, man!" Taeyang agreed, shaking hands. IU came back with pancakes and some milk.

"Here is your pancake, Yoseob. Taeyang oppa! You need to eat. You have to go soon," IU reminded. Taeyang stared at the clock and widened his eyes. He quickly stuffed his pancakes and drank his milk.

"Gomawo Jieun!" Taeyang thanked, food still in his mouth. IU just smiled and wave.

"Bye Oppa! Good luck!" IU waved, as Taeyang closed the door. IU sat next to Yoseob, who quietly and slowly ate his pancakes.

"So..." IU started, eating her pancakes, "Do you like the pancakes?"