Time Machine

Time Machine

Chapter I

 

Another long day.

I can't wait for the weekend to come.

 

---

 

"Hey, Yuri"

"Huh?"

"Sooo are you doing anything later today"

"Wh-what? But it's a school night! And don't we have a math test tomorrow?"

"Pffft, are you actually going to study for it?" Key smirked

"Well yeah,  I heard that it's going to be hard"

He laughed. "Man, you're such a nerd!"

"N-no I'm not! You...you're just a rebel! You don't even wear your uniform right. Seriously, what's up with that sweatshirt?"

"Hey, hey. At least I'm wearing the shirt, tie, and pants"

"Anyways, can't you study later? I want to show you something really cool"

Yuri became curious "Something cool? like what?"

"Like Minho's super awesome Time Jumper!"

Yuri's brows raised "T-time jumper..?"

"You know, the thing he's been working on for the past few weeks."

"Oh, the time travelling thing? So he finally finished it?"

"Yeah! He might even let us test it out! C'mon, let's go!"

He stated and set off

"H-huh?! Hey!"

 

---

 

Ever since that  'time hole' appeared on the sky, Minho has been doing research on it nonstop.

Apparently it'll disappear forever after a couple of months or so.

It goes back exactly 100 years from our current time, but special technology, such as Minho's Time Jumper

is needed in order to pass through it.

Mankind can now travel, huh?

We really are the fastest growing race on this planet.

 

---

 

Key rushed inside Minho's Lab. "Yo Minho!"

"ah..um, how did you get in here?"

Key smiled. "The lady at the front desk  knew that I was your little brother so she just let me come in"

Minho sighed. "What do you want now?"

"Oh right! Yuri and I wanted to see your super cool Time Jumper!"

Minho blushed. "H-huh? Oh, Y-yuri, your here too?"

Yuri stuttered. "U..um, sorry if we're bothering you. This was all Key's idea."

Minho's face grew redder. "N-no, it's fine. I was just about to send the Time Jumper off for testing anyway"

Key's eyes widened. "WHAT? You're not going to try it yourself? Not even once?"

"Of course not! this is just a prototype. It needs to be tested in a controlled and safe environment."

"Oh c'mon, Seriously, what could go wrong?"

"well-"

"But... Yuri really wanted to try it out!"

Yuri was shocked. "Wh-what?"

Key hissed. "Right, Yuri? Don't you want to see what time traveling's like?"

"Well yeah" Yuri agreed. "But is it really safe?"

"Of course it is! It's not like it can blow up or  anything like that."

Minho asked. "Now Yuri, do you really want to test the Time Jumper? Or is KiBum just spouting nonsense again?"

"H-h-h-hey!! D-don't call me that! It's Key... KEY!!"

"I don't get it." Minho massaged his temples. "Why does your real name freak you out that much?"

"So let's get back to the topic" Yuri insisted "I actually do kind of want to see the past was like..."

"..."

Minho broke the silence. "I guess...it would be okay if you tried it out just once."

"R-really?"

Minho started to blush again. "Y-yeah, but once you reach the past, you have to comeback to the present right away, ok?"

"Got it. I want to go home soon anyways. I've got a math test to study for."

Minho was sweating. He really likes Yuri a lot that he become so nervous whenever she's around.

"Um, i-if you want, I could help you study for it. I was on the Math team when I went to highschool." Minho offered

Key interrupted. "Man, sometimes I can't believe that a nerd like you is actually my own flesh and blood."

Minho sighed. "Here. let me show you how the time jumper works, Yuri."

"Clicking on the blue button at the top will perform a warp sequence that will bring you back and forth

between the two eras on each side of a time hole." Minho explained

"Alright, are you ready now?" He asked

"Y-yeah"

"Okay, now before you do any-"

Suddenly, a light began to explode from the Time Jumper.

"Yuri! Wh-What're you doing?" Key exclaimed.

"H-hey! I didn't touch anything yet!"

"Quick! T-take it off!" Minho commanded.

"I'm trying!"

 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

---

 

Wh-what just happened? Where the heck am I...?

Oh! I guess I traveled back in time. Whoa...so it really worked huh?

But I better get out of here. Key and Minho are probably worried...

so I just press this button to go back, right?

....

Or maybe it was this one

....

N-no, maybe this one?

....

"KYAAAAA!! THIS STUPID THING IS BROKEN!"

"What stupid thing is broken?" A gentleman who is dressed so weirdly, approached Yuri.

"Wh-whoa! Wh-Who are you?!"

The guy smiled

"Calm down. My name's Taemin, And you are...?"

"Um, Yuri. M-my name is Yuri."

"Pleased to meet you, Miss Yuri. Hmm, those are some pretty odd clothes you're wearing. What city are you from?"

"Um, I'm from Seoul, but I-"

"Seoul...? But this IS Seoul."

"Y-yeah. This might be hard to believe, but...I'm from Seoul 100 years in the future from now."

"...."

"Oh, that makes sense" Taemin smiled.

 

He seriously believes me?!!!

Or...is he lying? Maybe he thinks I'm just playing around. Oh! nevermind that!

I need to find a way to get back to the present.

But...how?

Th-this is bad, bad! What is I could never go back home?!

 

"Is something wrong? You seem panicked"

"H-huh? Ah, I, um...the thing is, I can't go back to the time because my Time Jumper's broken."

"Oh, is that the stupid broken thing you were yelling about earlier?"

"Y-yeah..."

"Huh, maybe I can help. I'm a clockmaker so might be able to fix it for you."

"R-really? are you serious?"

"Of course I am Miss Yuri. I'll try my best anyway." Taemin assured

"Here, let's head over to my shop. I'll be needing my tools for this."

"O-okay"

 

----

 

"So, shall we take a look at this Time Jumper?"

Yuri handed him the watch. "Um, h-here"

"..."

"Would you mind if I took this apart?" Taemin asked

"Y-you won't break it right?"

"Don't worry, I'll be careful, I promise."

"Thanks, um... Taemin, was it? S-sorry, I'm not good with names"

Taemin laughed. "No problem and no need to apologize. But it looks like you could do some rest."

He pointed Upstairs. "There's a bedroom upstairs. How about you go take a nap while I work on your Time Jumper?"

"Ah, that would be great! A-are you sure that it's okay for me to though?"

"Of course! Make yourself at home"

"Thanks so much!"

 

---

 

Whoa! this room's so tidy!

...Unlike Key's. That guy can't even keep his clothes off of the floor.

He's such a blockhead. I wouldn't be in this mess if it weren't for him.

Gees, but I really am tired. I guess Taemin was right about me needing a nap.