Chapter 14 *truly*

Nothing ever lasts

 

School is not something to discuss.

I expected the following things to happen.

1.      I knew Tao would still be clinging onto Chanyeol and casting fake sweet smiles in my direction whenever we passed by each other in the school hall ways. And I knew he still didn’t give a damn about me… unlike before when I was the one he clinged on to.

 

2.      And I definitely knew that Kai would be avoiding me. But it made sense. I was kind of avoiding him, too. When he looked at me, I purposely looked at something else. And vice versa.

We probably had a lot to say to each other. I mean, I did. There was a lot of explaining and understanding to do. But there was no way in hell that those words were going to pass our lips in the next few days.

I was a loner.

Kai was a loner.

The one time I tried to get within two feet from him, he quickly shuffled past the many students in hr hallway, nearly bumping into a pole on his way out.

 

And then the day passed by and it was time for me to meet Sophie’s older brother.  Lay.

I in my breath before gripping onto the handle with my sweaty hands. I was certainly nervous, even knowing that it was nowhere near six.

I had arrived an hour early and taken my place in the dark corner. My knees shook and began to make the table tremble as my hands were rested on my thighs. As eager as I was to meet the gorgeous boy, I couldn’t help but feel guilty.

Kai, the most perfect and beautiful best friend of mine liked me. I thought he liked ing Kyungsoo or something like that. He talked about the kid all the time. But no.

He chose me, out of all the wonderfully gorgeous men in our school, he chose me. I bent my head low, not noticing when a figure slid into the seat beside me.

The person poked my side. “Are you the Kris guy?”

But of course I wasn’t really listening. I was still thinking of how damn terrible I was and what it would be like if ZiTao had only liked me and how it would feel to have him close to me and holding my waist and my lips…

“Are you Kris?” the stranger said, a bit more impatiently. I finally looked up.

And I was not disappointed.

It was the god-like man from that picture the little girl showed me.

I cocked my head to the side to get a better view of his profile. Thin and lean, pretty.

And I knew he liked me, too.

“Oh.” He mumble shyly, staring at his tapping foot. “Sorry for being rude earlier. I didn’t know you would be this… this perfect close up.”

I blushed and waved away his comment. “Um… No problem. I wasn’t that nice either.”

He smiled and extended his hand. “I’m Yixing, or Lay.”

I chuckled and took his hand. “Kris.”

He crossed his legs, leaning back and making himself a bit more comfortable. “So… my sister says you’re a crybaby. And that you were sobbing in ing church about another guy, correct?”

“Damn.” I mumbled to myself.

He chuckled at my speechlessness and patted my shoulder. “Don’t worry. I know how you feel.”

I smiled a bit. At least we had a bit we could relate to.

Yixing stood the menu up in the middle of the table and leaned forward. He waved his hand for me to come closer, until I could feel his minty breath on my cheek. “I’ll help you.”

“How? I mean, what are we going to-“

“Under one condition.”

I stared at him, slightly confused. “What?”

“That I can use you.”

“What the hell is that supposed to mean?”

“I’ll help you get that boy that you want so badly if you let me do things my way. Which means I have permission at all times – to kiss you, touch you, you. I’ll be my own person.”

“I… see.” I murmur, still slightly confused.

“So do we have ourselves a deal? Tomorrow at school, we begin our Operation Get the person Kris likes.”

“Yeah. I guess…” I paused for a moment. “We go to the same school?”

“Yup. I’ve seen you… from a distance.”

I never even noticed him.

He took my silence as an absolute yes. “Great!” He stood up, brushed the dust off his jeans, and gave me a peck before waving me goodbye and exiting the store.”

I touched my red cheeks and smiled to myself. “I think I’ve found myself another friend.”

 

~

 

Sorry for the forever non updates. I swear I'll update more often... WRITER'S BLOCK.