Chapter 4

Believe in Love

Yoona felt uneasy when her hand was being held by Mrs. Cho. She dragged Yoona to the parking lot while never stop smiling to Yoona.

“I’m really happy, you give your time to have dinner with me!”

Yoona smiled a little. “Yes, Mrs. Cho!”

“Aigoo~ stop calling me like that, just call me eomonim!”

“What?” Yoona widened her eyes. “But…”

“You are Seohyun’s friend in middle school aren’t you?”

“Seohyun. Ah yes, we were in same club in middle school. Did she tell you that I’m her friend?” Yoona asked carefully.

“Yes. She yelled when she first saw you on TV and bragged that she is your friend. She also wants to meet you actually but she rather busy right now. That’s why because you are Seohyun’s friend, so you have to call me eo-mo-nim. All Seohyun’s friends and also Kyuhyun’s call me like that.”

Yoona gulped and only could smile bitterly. Ah..somehow she hopes this lady who’s holding her hand doesn’t know about her past relationship with her old son. She prayed Seohyun doesn’t tell anything about her and Kyuhyun long time ago. She was sure Kyuhyun won’t tell about it to anyone. Ah that cold guy, Yoona told herself.

“Ah here you are. Have you waited for so long, Kyuhyunnie??” Mrs. Cho said excitedly when they stopped.

Yoona was taken aback when she stopped in front of luxurious black car with Kyuhyun who’s leaning on driver’s door with his expressionless face. Yoona wanted runaway but Mrs. Cho still held her hand too tight. She didn’t expect at all that Mrc. Cho also invited Kyuhyun to have dinner with her, if she knew earlier about it, she must be making a lot of reasons to reject this dinner offer.

“You know the answer.” Kyuhyun answered coldly, which made Yoona more regret why she was here.

“Aigooo~ my son must be so hungry right? Yoona, this manager Cho was your sunbae in high school too weren’t he?”

Yoona left speechless. She glanced to Kyuhyun, wondered what she should answer, but Kyuhyun looked like avoided her gaze. “Yes, Mrs. Cho!”

“Aissh, I’ve told you to call me eomonim, Yoona!” Mrs. Cho slapped Yoona’s arm.

“Eomonim?” Kyuhyun asked all of sudden.

“Wae, Kyuhyunnie? Yoona is Seohyun’s friend and your hoobae. So she has to call me eomonim.”

“Up to you, Eomma! Let’s get in!” Kyuhyun opened the driver’s door.

“You have to help Yoona to get in the car, Kyuhyunnie….”

Yoona suddenly cut off Mrs. Cho’s word. “Oh, it’s okay. I can get in by myself.”

Yoona walked fast to the backseat. Opened the door then sat on the backseat hurriedly with thump heart. Yoona knew what she just did looked so stupid. She was just afraid if Mrs. Cho asked her to sit beside Kyuhyun.

 Kyuhyun dumbfounded for a while by Yoona’s sudden attitude. This girl was so obvious that she avoided him.

“Eomma…” Kyuhyun looked at his eomma. He asked her to get in the car by moving his chin towards passenger seat.

Mrs. Cho walked gracefully and smiled widely to the passenger car. Kyuhyun breathed heavily then got in to his car.

 

***

 

As long as on the car, Mrs. Cho was the only one who talked a lot while Kyuhyun and Yoona only said something when she asked them.

“Yoona, so you and Kyuhyun were know each other in high school?”

Kyuhyun loosened his tie all of sudden he was a bit surprised with his eomma’s question. Yoona was searching for good sentences to reply Mrs. Cho’s question. Of course she didn’t want to tell him that she and Kyuhyun were a couple.

“Yes, of course we know, all over school knew Kyuhyun sunbae!” Yoona asked while looking at Kyuhyun’s back.

Kyuhyun wanted to laugh when Yoona mentioned him as Kyuhyun sunbae. Yoona used to call him like that when they first met. Before they became friends, before Kyuhyun asked her to be his girlfriend, before they became a couple.

“Kyuhyun was popular in high school?” Mrs. Cho asked while turned around to face Yoona.

“Yes, I think so. Kyuhyun sunbae probably the smartest student back then.”

Mrs. Cho chuckled while looking at the road again. “I know my son is genius. Yoona must be so popular too when in high school.”

Yes, she was. Very popular to be exact. Kyuhyun answered on his heart, even in her first day in Whimoon High School, all the boys talked about how beautiful the freshman student named Im Yoona, who made Kyuhyun was curious to death. Kyuhyun also remembered how he was amazed when his friend pointed at Yoona. She’s not only beautiful, but the most beautiful girl he’s ever met. Even until now, Kyuhyun admitted he never met a girl who’s more beautiful than Yoona.

While Yoona on the backseat also wandered around to the past. She’s still remember clearly, when Kyuhyun approached her in library and asked her about the book that Yoona brought. They talked a lot and ended by exchanging phone number. Later, Yoona knew that Kyuhyun approached her that time to get closer to her, Kyuhyun told her about it when they already became a couple. Yoona admitted Kyuhyun was so smart, the way he approached her was sweet and different than other boys who wanted to get closer to her. Kyuhyun was not only success got her number but also got her heart. Witty and smart Kyuhyun made Yoona fell for him instantly. Three months later, Kyuhyun asked her to be his girlfriend in rainy days when they trapped in the library. After that, all the students were so envy with them and claimed them two as perfect couple, both are beautiful and handsome yet popular. But sadly, they ended their relationship three years later. Everything was different now, they’re not a couple anymore, they’re strangers. Kyuhyun isn’t witty and warm anymore, he’s too serious and cold now.

“Where she should we go to dinner. Any suggestion?” Mrs. Cho broke the silence and made both Yoona and Kyuhyun back to their senses.

“It’s up you, Eomma. It’s your invitation after all!” Kyuhyun said, still that coldly.

“How about to go Sakchyeo Restaurant?”

“All the foods in Sakchyeo are spicy. Yoona doesn’t like spicy food.” Kyuhyun rejected her eomma’s idea all of sudden.

“How do you know Yoona doesn’t like spicy food?” Kyuhyun’s eomma asked her son. She asked suspiciously.

Kyuhyun cleared his throat. He just realized he just made a stupid mistake again. “I once read about her profile before on the internet before, Eomma.”

“Ah…” Mrs. Cho nodded. “How about Al Dente Resto. Yoona, do you like Italian foods?”

“Yes, I like pasta.” Yoona answered weekly.

“Great. Let’s go there, Kyuhyunnie. Don’t worry Yoona, that restaurant is so private. No paparazzi there.” Kyuhyun’s eomma chuckled.

Yoona squeezed her hands. She glanced at Kyuhyun who’s driving again. She smiled unconsciously, she didn’t expect Kyuhyun still remember that she doesn’t like spicy foods.

 

***

 

Yoona, Kyuhyun, and his eomma already arrived at Al Dente Resto. The three of them also already sat and waited for the waiter. Yoona sat next to Mrs. Cho, while Kyuhyun sat in front of her eomma.

The waiter came and gave them the menu while looked so amazed when he saw Yoona.

Mrs. Cho chuckle. “You are surprised right Im Yoona is here?”

The waiter looked so shy. “Yes, Mam”

“I know, she’s too beautiful. What is special menu for today?”

“La Pasta le Alla Puttanesca” The waiter said.

“This restaurant’s special menu never failed to amaze me. So yes I’ll order for that one. So how abou you Yoona? Do you want the special menu too?”

“I think so. It sounds delicious.” Yoona chuckled. The first time, she chuckled today which made Kyuhyun’s heart beat faster.

“So we order for two special menu. How about you, Kyuhyunnie?”

Kyuhyun closed the menu book. “Just give me a special carbonara.”

“Ah yes. Please wait for a moment.” The waiter excused himself.

“Have you ever been here before, Yoona?” Mrs. Cho asked Yoona again.

“This is the first time, but I really wanted too before since my friends always say the pasta here is the best.”

“Your friends are right. This is my family’s favorite restaurant. The foods are delicious and fast service. Actually I want to invite to have dinner at our house with the foods cooked by me, but I had no time to cook today.” Mrs. Cho held Yoona’s hand. “Promise me, Yoona. You will come to our house next time!”

Yoona looked so confused to answer Mrs. Cho’s offer. She doesn’t know how to answer.

“You have to meet Seohyun. She misses you a lot. She must be so envy if I told her that you just have dinner with me and her brother. Don’t worry Yoona, I’m a good chef, ask Kyuhyunnie if you don’t believe it.”

“I believe it, but…..”

“Im Yoona is a busy a celebrity, Eomma. She must be having no time to come to our house.” Kyuhyun cut Yoona’s words then sipped his wine.

Yoona looked at Kyuhyun, somehow she felt a little bit disappointed. Kyuhyun sounded didn’t want Yoona comes to his house.

“What are you talking, Kyuhyunnie? A celebrity needs a break too. Yoona, please come!” Mrs. Cho looked at Yoona’s eyes deeply.

Yoona nodded weakly. “If I have free time, Mrs. Cho!”

“Eomonim! Don’t call me Mrs. Cho.”

“Ah yes, eo..monim.” Yoona said carefully.

Two waiters came to their table and placed their order. After did their job, they excused theirselves.

“Ehm.. looks so delicious! Let’s eat everyone!!!” Kyuhyun’s eomma looked so excited when she saw her foods that she ordered.

They all took a bit of their own foods.

“Ehm, it’s so delicious isn’t it, Yoona?”

“Yes, Eo---monim. Best pasta I’ve ever eaten” Yoona smiled coyly.

“Kyuhyunnie, you have to taste the other foods. You almost order for carbonara when we’re here.”

“It’s delicious too, Eomma.” Kyuhyun then ate again.

“Yoona, you have to eat all arasseo? No leftover!!”

“Yes.” Yoona said.

All of them then kept in silence while eating. Mrs. Cho was too amused by pasta that she’s eating while Kyuhyun and Yoona didn’t have taste too speak.

Suddenly, in the middle of eating, Yoona stopped eating and choked. She took her glass of wine and drank it softly. Both Mrs. Cho and Kyuhyun looked worried when they saw Yoona.

“Yoona, are you okay? Is there something wrong in your food?” Mrs. Cho aked her in worried tone.

“No..no, it’s okay. I choked  because I’m eating eat hungrily, it’s too delicious.” Yoona giggled.

Mrs. Cho Yoona’s arm while smiling to her. “Eat carefully, Yoona. Eat all!”

The silence came again. They continued eating. Kyuhyun often made glance to Yoona. He saw Yoona was eating slowly and looked too careful.

“I’m finished.” Mrs. Cho suddenly said while wiping with tissue.

“You’re so fast, Eomma!”

“It’s too delicious, Kyuhyunnie!”

Suddenly a phone was ringing. Mrs. Cho took her cell phone from her clutch bag and answered it. “Yoboseyo…. Aigoo~ Annyeonghaseyo Mrs. Park. ……. Omo!!! Jinjja?....... Now? Oh I’m not at home……… Where are you now?.............. Ah it’s great, I’m in Al Dente right now, by any chance can you  pick me up here then?......... Great, I’ll be waiting in front of Al Dente after this…. Nae, kamsahamnida!” Mrs. Cho hung up her phone.

“Eomma, where will you go?” kyuhyun furrowed his eyebrows.

“Mrs. Lee’s daughter just giving a birth. Mrs Park asked me to visit her right now.”

“But Eomma……..”

“Yoona, I’m sorry I have to go first. Thank you so much you want to have dinner with me. Let’s have another dinner again next time.”

“Ah yes, but……………”

Mrs. Cho stood up and grabbed her bag. “I have to go now. Mrs. Park is near here. Kyuhyun, you have to take Yoona home, arasseo? Yoona, once again I’m sorry. See you next time!” She hugged Yoona tightly fast. “You two just continue eating, I’ll pay the bill. Bye Yoona. And see you at home, Kyuhyunnie. Don’t forget to send Yoona to her home.”

Mrs. Cho walked away fast and left Yoona and Kyuhyun speechless. Kyuhyun put his fork on his plate and sipped his wine. He took tissue and wiped his lips. He didn’t have appetite to eat anymore.

Yoona played her pasta with her fork. She didn’t have appetite either and she didn’t know what to say.

Kyuhyun looked at Yoona’s hand which was playing her pasta. He could feel she was confused too.  He wanted to say something but he didn’t know what to say. His tongue seemed heavy to say a word.

Yoona sighed. She put her fork and took her bag. “You don’t have to take me home. I can go home by taxi.” Yoona then stood up. “Please say thanks to your eomma, I’m so grateful and this food is really delicious.”

Yoona bowed a little. She turned her body around and was about to walk when she felt her right wrist was being held tightly. She looked at her hand and she saw Kyuhyun’s was holding her hand. She turned to look at Kyuhyun and their eyes met.

Kyuhyun stood up while still holding Yoona’s wrist and looking at her eyes. “Let me take you home, Yoona!”