Prologue

You to Me are Everything

 

Lee Donghae got down from his car without any sound. The moment he stepped outside, Cho Kyuhyun, his best friend came rushing to him. Donghae looked at Kyuhyun then he let his gaze fell on his house. He frowned when he saw people in white were in his garage, it seems that they are waiting for him. He returned his gaze to Kyuhyun.
 
 
Kyuhyun sighed and looked at his best friend with sympathy, “They are here to take the house and your cars” he said.
 
 
Donghae just nodded. He knew this was going to happen. In fact, he was expecting this. Since his father was caught for being a corrupted government official and was imprisoned, he began to expects the worst. It was an unfair thing for him actually. His father was the one who made mistakes yet he was the one who is being punished. Not like the imprisonment of his father was not a punishment for him, it’s just that because he was a son of a corrupt official, people lose the trust and respects for him. 
The company he was working before fired him. They we’re afraid that Donghae was just like his father. He tried looking for another job but none would like to give him one, also afraid that he was not trust-worthy. He even stooped down and asked for help to some of his so-called-friends, but none of them ever help him. Except for one, and that was Cho Kyuhyun. His best friend ever since he was a little kid and his mother was still alive. 
 
 
He mentally smiled when he remembered his mother, it was perfect back then. They we’re a family. Since his mother died because of a car accident when he was 13, everything changed. His once responsible and respectful father changed. 
Kyuhyun tapped Donghae on the shoulder when he noticed that the latter was lost in his thoughts. Donghae looked at the house again and noticed that one of the men in white was walking towards him.
 
 
“Good Morning, Mr. Lee” said the man in black.
 
‘What’s so good in the morning?’ he thought to himself even though he didn’t voice it out. He just nodded at the man.
 
“Mr. Lee, may I have the keys for the house and the cars?” the man bluntly said
 
Donghae reached for his pocket and once he got the keys he forcefully shoved it on the man’s waiting hands. The man gladly took it and put it on his pocket, and then he opened the folder on his hands and gave it to Donghae.
 
“We need your signature here, Mr. Lee” the man said as he pointed at left-lower most part of the document. Then he gave Donghae a pen.
 
Without any further words, Donghae signed the documents then he gave it back to the man. The man smiled at him and turned around, leaving him and Kyuhyun. They watched as the men in white left with all of Donghae’s cars. 
Donghae took a look at his house. No. It’s not his property anymore. It’s not his house anymore. He sighed. To be honest, he didn’t know what to do next.
 
“Donghae,” said Kyuhyun
 
Donghae looked at his best friend.
 
“I already found an apartment where you can stay,” Kyuhyun continued, “but I’m not sure if you’re going to like it” 
 
Donghae smiled a little, “Don’t worry. In my state right now, I don’t have the right to be choosy,” he said, “Thank you, Kyuhyun” 
 
Kyuhyun nodded and smiled back at him, “Its okay, I’m glad I helped,” he said. “Anyway, don’t you want to check the apartment now?” 
 
“Yes, if you can take me there.” Said Donghae
 
Kyuhyun nodded, “So, I’m going to wait in the car. Take your time to say good bye to your house” he said as he started walking towards his own car.
 
Donghae shook his head, “No. I don’t have to say good bye to this house because I’m going to take it back” he whispered as he took a last look on the house before walking to Kyuhyun’s car. 
 
‘I’m going to get back on my feet soon. I’m going to take everything back. I promise.’ Donghae thought with determination.
 
 
 
 
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
 
 
 
 
Mrs. Lee was talking to his husband’s lawyer. Her two daughters’ were in the same room, also listening to their father’s last will and testament.
 
Atty. Seo, Mr. Lee’s lawyer and also one of his closest friends was just finished reading Mr. Lee’s last will and testament where it was said that 60% of the latter’s properties and shares of company was given to a guy named Lee Hyukjae, Mr. Lee’s son to another woman. 
 
Atty. Seo looked at Mrs. Lee, trying to read what on the latter’s mind. It seems that Mrs. Lee was busy thinking over what had just announced.
 
“No. It can’t be!” Jessica screeched, breaking the silence that once lingered in the room, “Why would father give 60% of his properties and company shares to a total stranger? He didn’t even know this Lee Hyukjae person. This is unfair.” 
 
While Tiffany just stayed silent, she didn’t like what she just learned but she knew better. She knew that there’s no use screaming and complaining around because the last will and testament of his father was already fixed. 
 
“Stop it, Jessica. Me and your father already talked about this.” Said Mrs. Lee
 
Jessica gaped at her mother, “You mean, you already knew this even before father died?” she asked
 
Mrs. Lee nodded, “Yes.”
 
“Then why did you agree? What about me? What about us?” Jessica screamed in frustration. 
 
Tiffany immediately tried calming down his younger sister, “We still have 40% of our father’s properties and shares, isn’t that enough?” 
 
Jessica glared at her sister; she didn’t know what his sister was up to. But it wasn’t like her. Tiffany was not acting herself so she just decided to shut up because she knew her sister was planning on something.
 
“So Atty. Seo, How can we find Lee Hyukjae?” asked Tiffany.
 
“No need to worry about that, I already found him” Mr. Seo said.
 
Mrs. Lee, Tiffany and Jessica looked at Atty. Seo with curiosity.
 
“He’s now currently living with his mother in South Chungcheong Province” 
 
 
 
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
 
 
Lee Hyukjae was on his way to his house with his piglet pet on his arms, Snowwy.  Few people were saying hi to him and to his Snowwy and he just smiled and waved to them. Because he was on a hurry, he wanted to tell his mom the good news that he already sold out all of their vegetables and fruits. 
 
Once he was on their house, he saw an unfamiliar person sitting on one of the chair on their living room. He slowly released Snowwy from his grip, and let him run around the house as he searched for his mother. 
 
He found her on their kitchen making a coffee; he kissed his mother on the cheek.
 
“Umma, who is the person in our living room?” He asked.
 
His mother shrugged as she gave a cup of coffee to Hyukjae, “Give that to him, I will follow you in a few minutes” 
 
Hyukjae nodded and smiled to his mother before going back to the living room with a cup of coffee on his hands, he handed the coffee to their visitor with a smile.
 
Hyukjae’s mother entered the living room and looked at their visitor and nodded at him
 
“Umma?” Hyukjae asked, he don’t what’s happening.
 
“He’s Attorney Seo, Hyukjae” said his mother
 
Hyukjae blinked and looked at the attorney, “An attorney? Why is he here? Did you do something illegal, umma?” he said as he returned his gaze back to his mother.
 
The attorney was the one who answered Hyukjae’s question, “No. I’m not here for your mother. I’m actually here for you,” said Atty. Seo as he took a stand
 
“For me? I didn’t do anything. I swear.” Hyukjae said 
 
Att. Seo shook his head and chuckled a little, “No. No. You didn’t do anything. I’m here because of your father.” 
 
Hyukjae looked at his mother, “My father?” 
 
 
a/n:
Okay. This is just a prologue, guys. So spare me. Lol
Anyway. This fic was based on a Filipino Movie with the same title, You to Me Are Everything.
And this fic is my gift for my friend, Sharon.
And sorry for any mistakes I’ve made, I’m still kind of new in writing…
AND COMMENTS SERVES AS OUR (me and Aggy) ENCOURANGEMENT, so comment please?!