Twenty plus Three

Someone I Hadn't Planned on Living With

Lu Han's P.O.V

My lips froze as Mina's locked onto mine. All I could actually feel was Na Young's stare.

I'm so sorry you had to see this, Na Young. 

I'm so sorry.

Honestly, Mina was getting on my nerves now. Maybe I would break up with her. Yes, soon.

After the little awkward scene I clear my throat, trying not to stare back at Na Young. Looking through the mirror, I catch her making a face at her tangled hair. She pulled at some of it like a child trying to untangle shoelaces. I couldn't help but smile at the image.

I step on the gas pedal and speed back onto the interstate. I didn't know why, but I loved to drive fast. It was something that made me feel free. The wind, the sun in my face... it reminded me a lot of California.

-----------------------------------

Na Young's P.O.V.

"Na Young, I hate to say it but your facial expressions don't exactly match the emotions of the song." Vivian waves a finger at me. We were in one of the many mirrored practice rooms here in the SM building; practicing the cheorography and singing at the same time for Trouble Maker.

"It looks like you either have to vomit, or go to the bathroom," She bluntly states while pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose.

I clamp my lips together. "Well, it's actually a lot harder than you think, singing and dancing at the same time. And you expect me to look good?!"

"Why, of course." She stares.

I sigh while taking an unwelcome seat on the wooden floor.

"Don't worry Na Young. Just don't think about it too much," Baekhyun adds supportively. He grabs two water bottles and hands one to me.

"Well, at least there's progress going on," Vivian says with a hopeful smile. Her cableknit sweater is wrapped conservatively around her. It reminded me of what my mother wore on winter evenings. Even Vivian's style was mature. No jeans, no t- shirts, no sneakers. Just button downs, slacks, and on her casual days, sweaters.

"Yes, I suppose..." I trail.

"Oh, hey. I gotta get going." Baekhyun glances at the hanging clock and turns to me. "Debut practice. Sigh." 

I smile. "Good luck."

"Remember what I said about stretching your vocal chords. Remember! Stretch! AHHH," Vivian calls out.

"Okay, okay, stretch, yeah I got it." Baekhyun laughs while turning around to flash me a smile. "Bye."

And with that, he was gone. 

--------------------------

Hours later, I'm still practicing. I stand infront of the large mirror, humming along to the song while moving my body to the music. It was going okay, and I decided that I needed to take a break.

Vivian was gone to fetch the both of us some 'vegan lunch' that consisted of tofu and fermented beans. She was just... conservative like that.

Behind me, I hear a deep voice clearing its throat. I turn.

"Kris?" I ask in surprise.

I am greeted by a tall Kris standing in the doorway. His head barely touches the edge of the doorframe. Dang, he was tall.

"Na Young." He leans against the frame. "I need your help."

I was surprised. I mean, I never really talked to Kris much or anything. I wondered what exactly he needed.

"Yeah, sure." I stand up to face him, getting up from the wooden floor.

"You know Vivian..." His deep voice trails while his mysterious eyes wander off somewhere else. 

"You mean my instructor?" I almost laugh at the thought. She was more like a friend than an instructor.

"Yes, her." Kris adds. His cheeks grow a tad bit rosy. Was he blushing? Oh my, this had to be good. Kris continued, "is she single?"

 

You should've seen my face- I bet it looked like someone who ate a rubby piece of meat and realized it was cow tounge.

"You like her," I stated, not sounding like a question at all. I glance up at his tall figure and stare blankly. His usually mature and 'don't talk to me or I'll slap you' face looked quite embarassed.

"Well there's no point in denying it." He sighs.

I'm taken aback. Hm, well he certainly is being mature about it. Oh, who am I kidding this guy always seems to be serious.

"So you want me to... help you confess?"

"Yes, but you don't have to state it so bluntly. Goodness." Kris looks away once again.

"Ah, young love!" I wave a hand. "Too precious."

"Na Young, you realize that I'm older than you, right? You should be calling me Oppa or whatever." Kris crosses his muscular arms over his crisp v-neck.

"Yes, but imagine Vivan saying it! Aw, I would be put to shame." I smile. Kris's cheeks grow pinker while he mumbles under his breath.

Now that I look at it, Kris and Vivan would make a cute couple. Vivian was on the shorter side, and would fit perfectly in his arms. She was quite calm and motherly, yet she made intelligent jokes that would make anyone laugh.

But I still wondered, a handsome guy like Kris could pick up any girl that he wanted right off the street... yet he chose Vivian? A conservative, animal loving- vegan?

Now that's gut.

"Alright, I'll see what I can do." I smile. "This is so exciting, I've always wanted to play matchmaker!" 

I hop around him clapping my hands together. I don't know why, but bringing t