CHAPTER 1 - Final

The Ex's POV

 

Two years ago, I went to the states. I left him. But the load of education I got wasn’t worth leaving my boyfriend, well ex-boyfriend. I broke up with him, telling him I was leaving. He begged me not to go, but I thought of my family. Mother really needed the money I could get from a good education. And besides, my dad wasn’t going to let it go easily if I gave up on my learning due to a ‘very immature boyfriend’.

So I left. And when I went on the plane he didn’t stop me. Just looked me in the eye. I could see the sadness but the deep hatred he had in them. I thought I could get over him. But I never did. And now I want him back. I think that I’m selfish, but that’s what love does to you. He didn’t deserve me. I was such a to him. But would he even look at me?

When I finally saw him, it answered just that question. That flicker of hatred towards me was still there. And he was arm in arm with a girl. I couldn’t bear to look so I sat down on a nearby bench. They were feeding ducks in a pond with bread. Only when I looked around, I saw a group of his friends. Yoochun, Yunho, Changmin and Junsu they were. I smiled. I remember all those times we spent together, even with his friends. I would cook with Changmin, play basketball with Junsu and Yunho and Yoochun…well had a crush on me. I couldn’t return his feelings, though and I went for Jaejoong. He helped me. I guess I was selfish in that area too.

I saw the figure of Yoochun and Yunho get bigger and bigger. They saw me! Junsu and Changmin on the other hand, were walking towards Jaejoong and pointed to me. When Yoochun and Yunho approached me all I felt was a slap on my left cheek. Yunho’s face was bright red in anger. He started talking.

“What made you come back after you left Jaejoong so ruthlessly?!”

“Hyung. Calm down…”

I sighed. Even Yoochun, the one that loved me was probably disappointed in me. But his tone of voice told me that he still like me.

“I’m sorry.”

That’s all I could say. I didn’t deserve Jaejoong. And I especially didn’t deserve Yoochun. He was always on my side but now, even he couldn’t stay fully calm for me. And all his hard work to help Jaejoong and I get together went all to waste.

“Hyung, let me talk to her alone.”

Yoochun’s smooth voice filled my head. He still knew what to do to make me feel better.

“Jooyeon. Why? Why did you leave him?”

My b tears fell out almost instantly as he said that. I bowed my head in shame. Seeing my cry, he patted my back, but I could tell he still demanded an explanation. So I did. And as soon as I finished, I heard Jaejoong’s voice.

“So that’s why you left me?! You measly ! At least now I’ve got a new girlfriend that will treat me a hundred times better than you! And she actually thinks about my feelings!”

“So you’ve moved on now, oppa?”

“No duh. A girl like you isn’t worth getting upset over.”

The girl I saw with Jaejoong previously looked over his shoulder. She looked at him worriedly.

“Oppa, is there something wrong?”

Jaejoong didn’t reply. It burned my heart to see him over me so quickly.

“I’m sorry Jaejoong. I missed you for the two years I wasn’t with you. I still love you.”

Then I felt a slap on my right cheek. My tears didn’t stop throughout the conversation on his friends’ angry expressions, the girl’s talking and Yoochun’s pitiful face didn’t help.

“How can I believe you after all you did, you lying .”

“I see you've moved on."

"Yes. I have. Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to leave with my girlfriend."

"Oppa, who is she?"

"No one. Simply no one.”

My heart squeezed. He really hated me that much. One by one, his friends left. But Yoochun stayed behind. I looked at him in confusion. It was silent for a while, but then he broke it.

“I believe you.”