It was you

Hey Loser, I Love You

Yoona came home to a Jessica that was asleep on the floor, her back leaning onto the couch so she wouldn't fall over. There were a couple of soju bottles surrounding Jessica.

Yoona sighed and picked up the empty bottles. "I really need to help you stop your drinking problem." Jessica Jung was an alcoholic or that's what Yoona thought. The truth is ... she drinks whenever she is sad, but Yoona hasn't picked that up yet. Jessica drinks almost every other day, she's almost always sad but she smiles so Yoona wouldn't worry about her.

Yoona lifted Jessica up onto the couch bridal style and covered her body with a small blanket. "Ugh, you smell like alcohol." Yoona scrunched up her nose and let out another sigh. 

She had always taken care of Jessica, well they were sisters, not by blood though. Yoona was Jessica's only family and she knew that, she promised herself to never hurt Jessica. 

Yoona's parents and Jessica's parents used to be very close, they lived next to each other. When Jessica was just 5 years old, both of her parents had gotten into a terrible car accident and passed away. Yoona's parents were in shock after hearing the news. They took Jessica in and took care of her like their own child, she was two years older than Yoona, but never acted like the older one.

 



Earlier that night...

Jessica kept thinking about that Tiffany girl, no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't stop thinking. 

She gulped down some more of her soju. "Maybe it is her..." She said to herself.

"Her voice." It was the same husky one she had heard before. 

"Her smile." It was the same too, her eyes would turn into cresent moons when she smiled. 

Tears started to roll down Jessica's cheek. "I'm sorry." She had spent her life blaming herself for what had happened. The image of Miyoung sleeping peacefully on the hospital bed with her head all bandaged up was still fresh in Jessica's head. 

She wanted to wait for her to wake up but months had passed and Yoona and her family were moving back to the U.S so she had no choice but to leave with them. 

 


 


"Tiffany.." Jessica unconciously whispered in her sleep. 

Yoona raised a brow at the name. "Tiffany? ...isn't that my boss's name? why is she calling my boss?" she shrugged it off and headed to her own room to sleep. 


Morning, 10:04 am.
 

Jessica woke up with a pounding headache. "Ugh.." She groaned and called for her sister. "Yoong... Yoona!"

"I'm in the kitchen!" Yoona shouted back after hearing Jessica.

She got off the couch and walked lazily into the kitchen. Yoona turned off the stove and greeted Jessica "Good morning Jagiya." She would call Jessica her wife because they lived together and because Seohyun had made a joke saying that they looked like a married couple, it wasn't anything serious though, Jessica just took it as a nickname. 

Jessica took a seat at the dining table and rested her head on her arm. "You're not working today?" She asked Yoona.

Yoona placed a plate of scrambled eggs infront of Jessica and another on the other end of the squared table.

"No, I have the day off today and tomorrow." She sat down opposite of Jessica and answered. "Wanna go out later?" 

"When my headache gets better." Jessica said then she stabbed a piece of egg and stuffed it in .

Yoona sighed. "Did you threaten Seohyun to buy it for you?" She had emptied the house of any alcohol and told all the nearby stores to not sell it to Jessica, so there was no way Jessica could get alcohol on her own.

Jessica bit her lip and looked away from Yoona. "Sorry." she apologized for her wrong doing.

"Promise me you won't do it again." Yoona stuck out her pinky finger and smiled as she waited for Jessica to link it with her own.

Jessica hesitated but linked her pinky with Yoona. "..Promise." 

 


 

riiiiinggg riiiinggg. The phone rang. Tiffany stopped what she was doing and picked it up. "Yes?"

"Your father is on his way up." The person on the other line told her. Tiffany sighed and hung up.

She sat up straight and waited for her father to enter. 

3.

2.

1.

"Hey dad." Tiffany greeted as the door to her office flung open. Her dad walked in with a smile and took a seat infront of her desk. 

"Hello Miyoung, How are you?"

"I'm fine, why are you here?"

The smile on his face disappeared and he was serious. "I wanted to talk to you about something."

She raised a brow at her father. "Something? I'm busy, what is it?"

"I want you to get married." He said bluntly. 

"Wha-"

"My friend's son, he's a really nice guy and he's a professor at Seoul University." Tiffany knew what her dad was doing, he wanted more money. It was always about money. "I already arranged a date for you two to meet, tomorrow at our restaurant, 2 o'clock." Hwang restaurant was located right under Tiffany's office, only people who worked at the mall could enter the restaurant, or you had to be a guest of someone who worked there.

"Don't disappoint me Miyoung." Her dad said before getting up from his seat and exiting her office.

"Dad!" She yelled in frustration as the door closed. She ran her fingers through her hair and sighed as she took out her cellphone and started to type in the message box.

To: Kwon Yul 

Let's go out for a drink. 


Send.

She grabbed her handbag and jacket and walked out the door. She stopped infront of the elevator and looked at her phone as it vibrated.

1 new message. 

From: Kwon Yul

Now?


Tiffany typed into the box again.

To: Kwon Yul

Yes now. Stop what you are doing and get the car ready, I'm coming down right now.


Send.

Tiffany stuffed the cellphone into her handbag and entered the now opened elevator. As she got down to the main entrance and out the door, Yuri was there, leaning on the car with her arms folded. She spotted Tiffany and walked over to the other side of the car and enter the car so Tiffany could sit in the passenger's seat.

"I heard your dad visited today, Is that why?" Yuri asked as Tiffany entered the car. 

Tiffany took a deep breath and answered Yuri. "He wants me to get married."

Yuri gasped. "What?!"

"He already arranged for us to meet tomorrow." Tiffany said quietly, her head low. She wanted to cry.

Yuri sighed and tried to comfort Tiffany by patting her back. "Who is he?" 

"We'll see tomorrow."

"We?" Yuri questioned.

"Yes, you're coming with me." Tiffany gave Yuri a smile. "Let's go now."

"But Tiffany... I'm not allowed to take you out to drink." Yuri bit her lip slightly and tapped the steering wheel with her fingers, unsure of what to do. 

"Please...? Yul, there's no way my dad will find out." She pouted. "Or my mother." Tiffany knew that Yuri was more afraid of her mother.

Yuri nodded and started the car. "Sorry Mr. Hwang but my job is to listen to your daughter." She smiled at Tiffany. "Let's not get too drunk."

 




"Where are we going?" Jessica asked as she looked out the car window and at her surroundings.

"Somewhere." Yoona replied shortly. Jessica glared at her. 

Yoona glanced at Jessica and sighed. "The place has alcohol, I'll let you drink a little there ok?"

"I thought you wanted me to stop, why are you taking me to a bar?"

"I never said it was a bar, it's a restaurant." Yoona said with a smile. "A friend invited me and asked me to bring a friend."

Jessica groaned. She didn't like meeting Yoona's friends, they all had high paying jobs and made Jessica feel like a loser. 

"Why'd you have to bring me? I'm not a friend, I'm your sister."

"You need a job, friend or sister, it doesn't really matter I'm trying to help you now Jessica." Yoona answered. "My boss is going to be there, that's why I asked you to wear your blouse but clearly you did not listen to me."

Jessica looked down at what she was wearing, just a t-shirt with the front tucked into her jeans. (this is what it looks like)

"I told you that it was being washed." She defended herself. "You should've gave me one of yours."

"You never asked." Yoona smirked and parked the car. They had reached their destination. 

They both got out of the car. "I still look pretty good." Jessica smiled. "Right?"

"Sure." Yoona chuckled. 
 


 

"You what?"

"I invited a friend." Yuri told her. "Her friend needs a job, I really want to help her, So Tiffany please help me."

"Who?"

"Yoona."

"Oh, Im Yoona? The secretary outside of my office right?"

"Yeah that's her." 

"She shouldn't have let my father in." Tiffany said jokingly. "Im Yoona, I guess I can get to know her better today."

"You really should, The only friend you have in the company is me."

"That's because of my parents, you know them, They don't allow me to make friends."

"But I think this would be allowed, you guys work on the same floor." Yuri said as she watched the door of the restaurant open. "Oh they're here."

Tiffany's eyes widen as she saw who had walked through the door with Yoona. Yuri did the same. "Isn't she the girl from yesterday?" she whispered to Tiffany.

Tiffany nods her head in reply as the two girls approached their table. Jessica stared at Tiffany and Tiffany stared back. 

"Hey Yur-" Yoona greeted but was cut off by Jessica. "You." Jessica said as her stare towards Tiffany turned into a glare.

Yoona nudged Jessica with her elbow and gave her a glare. "That's my boss be nice." She whispered. 

"Jessica?" Tiffany said as she blinked a few times, making sure she wasn't just seeing things.

"We meet again." Yuri smiled at Jessica.

Yoona was confused. "You guys know each other...?" 

"Your name..." Jessica let out a small sigh and then a smile. "It's Tiffany, right?"

Tiffany smiled happily because Jessica had remembered her name. "Tiffany Hwang, sorry for spilling water on you yesterday." She stuck out her hand for a handshake. 
 
Jessica froze and left Tiffany's hand empty. "Hwang....? it really is you." 

"Jessica?" Tiffany waved her hand infront of her. 

"Y-Yeah."

Yoona raised her brow at the two and then at Yuri, still confused.

Yuri let out a small laugh. "Sit down." 

Yoona took a seat and pulled Jessica down as well.

An hour had passed and they were still in the restaurant, they had already finished eating and they didn't drink at all. There was a silence, they were waiting for Tiffany to break it.

"So..." Tiffany looked at them and they all looked at each other. 
 
"Jessica needs a job." Yuri reminded Tiffany.

"A job.... what can you do Jessica?" She asked.

"I'm not really good at anything." Jessica admitted. 

"Oh!" Yuri came up with an idea. "Can you drive?" 

Jessica nodded her head. Tiffany raised a brow. "But you do that Yuri..."

"She can replace me, You always call me when I'm doing something important." Yuri smiled. "I can get more work done, come on Tiffany."

Tiffany sighed and agreed. "Alright." She looked over to Jessica and eyesmiled.

"Alright I guess we should get going now." Yuri said as she stood up from her seat and Yoona followed.

"Yoona wait for me in the car, I need to talk to her about something." Jessica said as she looked at Tiffany.

"Okay, don't take too long okay?" Yoona smiled and walked out the door with Yuri.

"What do we need to talk about?" Tiffany questioned.

"You don't remember me at all..." Jessica let out a small laugh. "Did you lose all your memory?"

"What?" Tiffany raised her eyebrows. "You knew me before my accident?!"

"So you did lose all of it." Jessica smiled. "That's good, Miyoung I think It would be better if you didn't remember."

"You even know my korean name?" Tiffany smiled. "Were we really close?"

Jessica's smile disappeared. "L-Let's go." She said and got up from her seat, wanting to avoid anymore questions from Tiffany.   

Tiffany was confused but she just shrugged and exit the place with Jessica.