Worldwide

Worldwide

It was another lonely night and the twenty year old man sat on the couch staring at his phone. He was under a thin throw blanket and a couch pillow was crushed against his chest with his arms. His light brown hair fell slightly over his forehead and he blew a strand back into place.

"He said he would call back in a few hours..." He muttered to the empty room. His eyes stared blankly at the television as he tried to pay attention to the news. He forced himself to focus on the current report about some soldiers being able to return home. He listened carefully, but no names were read off.

"Ellison Kim I swear..." The twenty year old mumbled to himself. He jumped as his boyfriend's cat jumped onto his lap. "Garfield..." He grumbled. He began to pet the giant orange tabby and sighed.

He ignored the TV and began staring at his phone once more. He jumped as it went off and smiled brightly until he realized it was just a text from Kiseop - a guy in his music class at school.

-Lunch tomorrow, Kev?-

He sighed as he stared at the message. -Sure.- He set his phone back down, knowing that Kiseop wouldn't text back after he got the answer he wanted. His phone went off once more and it was Kibum asking about a math assignment. The next text was the worst though.

-Hey babe, can't call tonight. The guys and I have an emergency drill-

He glared at the message and then sighed, knowing he couldn't help the drills. -Ok-

-I love you. I miss having you beside me-

-Love you too-

-Please don't be angry.-

The twenty year old puffed his cheeks and let out a long sigh. -I'm not-

-You are-

He didn't text his boyfriend back; at this point, he just couldn't. He missed him too much to get into an argument over text messages. He got up off of the couch, rolling his eyes as Garfield plopped onto the floor and glared up at his master's significant other.

"Don't give me that look, fatty." He sighed, turning of the TV and walking to the bedroom. He plopped on the bed and curled up on his side. He bit his lip to hold back tears as Garfield hopped up on the bed and curled up against him. The young man gave up and let the tears fall, petting the orange cat.

----

The twenty-one year old hated lying to his boyfriend, but if he told the truth it wouldn't be a surprise. He sighed, he had missed his own birthday this year; normally he spent it with the love of his life. He was overseas then; he hated saying good-bye.

He hated a lot of things about his life at that moment, and most of those things were things that affected both him and his boyfriend. He dragged his large green duffle bag up the stairs of the apartment building. Of course the elevator had to be broken. Of course they lived on the second to last floor.

He slipped into the apartment quietly, looking around to make sure his cat didn't try to get out. He leaned the heavy bag against the wall by the door before quietly shutting the door and locking it. He silently walked to the bedroom and leaned against the doorframe.

"Still sleeping without covers..." He shook his head, whispering to himself. His eyes widened slightly as he saw his petite boyfriend move on the bed.

He turned to leave the room and make coffee - he was exhausted - when he heard a voice from the bed.

-----

"Eli...?" He murmured, sitting up after hearing something in his sleep. He blinked and rubbed his eyes groggily.

"Hey Kev," the slightly older male turned back around, grinning slightly.

Kevin threw his pillow at the muscular man and then plopped back into his curled up sleeping position.

Eli caught the pillow and laughed, shaking his head. "You're ruining the surprise by being angry at me." He said, climbing into the bed and pulling the thin man against him.

"Yoaevgliavbdtomffh."

Eli took the pillow from under Kevin's head. "Repeat that. This time clearly?"

"You lied to me." Kevin pouted, looking at his boyfriend of nearly three years.

Eli's heart melted at the sight of Kevin's red eyes and pouty lips. He pressed his own lips to the petite man's forehead and sighed. "I'm sorry, Kev. I just... I wanted to surprise you." He bit his lip.

Kevin closed his eyes and leaned against Eli, loving the familiar - long awaited - feeling of the muscular man's arms around his own lean body.

-----------------

Okay, so yeah. Bad ending, I know. But hey, if I kept going it would become weird dialogue and drawn out and just not fun. ^^
So, hoped you enjoyed it. ^^