Chapter 9

Getting A Taste Of Poison

Stacey's POV

Ugh. I feel like I was just slapped across the face for giving someone their birthday present. I was just going to tell him that he could stay for free..but now I wasn't even going to consider being nice. LIKE...who the sleeps with someone in their friend's home?

"Ugh, Calm down...Cece...you can do this."

"Do what?" I heard a deep voice respond.

"Get out." I said, not turning around.

He was going to piss me off before the day had even finished.

"I just wanted to apologize..." 

"You shouldn't have a reason to apologize...you wouldn't...if you were smart enough to realize that." I said in a mellow tone that I didn't recognize.

"I am really sorry..Stacey."

"I am too. You are going to start paying rent to stay here. Just because I feel like it."

"WHA-why?!" His tone raised an octave.

"You should be lucky that I haven't kicked you out. No one else will be as nice as I am..to a foreigner with no money."

I could feel him walk closer.

"Take another step and you're out." I said, folding my clothes.

He walked, still.

"Hey, are you listeni-"

I was in the middle of folding my soft, plush, pink cardigan with the patch in it, when he hugged me from behind. It smelled of lavender and rain.That was my new identification smell..that was the smell that would remind me of Bang from then on out.

"Thank you." Was all he said, before the hands were removed and I could hear him walking away.

GARHGHEWFGWEBGWEB. Why can't I just hate him?! I thought...a brow furrowed...but a smile creeping slowly as I looked down at my cardigan and hugged it tightly.