A Not So Pleasant Date

Goodbyes Come With Second Chances.. Right?

 

Yoona closed the door behind her and walked back to her place.

“Paris, Yoona,” she thought. “You have been dreaming this all your life, how could you let that go so easily? Ugh.” She knocked her head softly.

“Lim Yoona.” She heard someone with a deep voice call out behind her. She turned around just in time to see Changmin approach her.

“You’re here.” She said softly.

“Mind if I borrow some of your time?”

Yoona looked at him. No, it wasn’t a face that had a romantic surprise behind it. Changmin was somehow wearing a blank expression with a little regret in his eyes which made her quite nervous.

“Uhm, yeah. I guess I could squeeze in a few hours.”

“I only need a few minutes. Fifteen minutes, thirty. Forty-five tops.”

“No, lemme make it up for yesterday, okay?” Yoona said with a cheerful smile.

“No, really. I—“

“I’ll be back. Just gonna get my coat.” Yoona went off as Changmin watched her disappear. He sighed as she skipped happily back to him with her frosted wool blend coat around her.

“Let’s go?” she asked happily, clinging on Changmin’s arm. Changmin tried to smile as he caressed her cheek. “Let’s go.”

Changmin took Yoona to the park where all the other couples usually do their lovey dovey in. Walking hand in hand, they looked around their beautiful surrounding full of various flowers with children running and playing around.

“Someday,” Yoona spoke softly as she looked at the kids. “I would like to play with my sons and daughters in this place.. with you.” She smiled and looked at Changmin. He looked back at her and pulled her closer then kissed her forehead gently.

Their date carried on as they proceeded to the Han River and went on a cruise with other couples. They enjoyed playing their eyes on Jeoldusan Park, the 63 Building, Namsan Tower, Jamsil’s Multi Sports Complex, Olympic Stadium, and many other neighbouring spots as Changmin’s arms clinged over Yoona’s shoulders, their hands clasping each other’s.

“Jagiya~ Let’s do this more often, yes?” Yoona looked up to Changmin while spoking with aegyo.

Changmin smiled sweetly and pecked his girl’s lips. “Let’s go eat after?” Yoona nodded.

As they started grabbing their bite to eat, Yoona felt the sudden awkward ambience between both of them. Changmin looked like he was seriously thinking about something, almost like he was battling himself about something.

“Anything wrong, Shim Changmin?” Yoona asked in concern. Changmin, startled, faked a smile and shook his head.

“Alright then,” Yoona said as she started slicing her steak. “Oppa, how about finally having couple padlocks in the Namsan Tower tomorrow?”

Changmin remained silent and acted as if he heard nothing of Yoona’s request.

“Oppa?”

“We’ll talk about that later, okay? Carry on eating. You’ve been growing thin lately.”

“Hello, job? It’s what I’m supposed to be. Slim and tall.”

“Right.”

Yoona looked at Changmin intently. “Is something bothering you, Shim Changmin?”

“Uh-huh.”

“There you go. What is it?”
“I don’t wanna talk about it.”

“I’m your girlfriend.”

“And your point is?”

Yoona dropped her utensils on the table on purpose. “What exactly is your problem?” she asked in a slightly higher tone.

“I said I don’t want to talk about it. What part of that don’t you understand?!” Changmin replied in an equally irked voice.

“Great. I’m done here!” Yoona prepared herself and stood up but before she could even walk away. Changmin responded, “And so are we!”

Yoona  was stopped at her tracks, shocked, not believing what her long time boyfriend just told her.

“Wh-What did you say?” she asked him weakly, looking down at him, tears building up her eyes.

“I said we’re over. I’m done with this Yoona. Dealing with all your drama and this crap you give me.”

“Crap I give you?!?! Is that how you’ve perceived my love for you all this time?!” Yoona cried. Changmin remained silent. “And what is this drama you’re talking about? Isn’t it normal for me to become emotional sometimes? Is it because I get jealous a lot? Is it because I’m overprotective and possessive?” Still, Changmin remained silent.

“Tell me!” Yoona shouted as she slammed her hands on the table, startling the other guests, giving them a scene.

“C’mon, Yoona. Not here. The people. Our reputations. YOUR reputation.” Changmin said almost in a whisper.

“How do you expect me to react then? Should I just shrug this break-up as if nothing happened? Should I smile, no, grin widely like I didn’t lose anyone I love? You break my heart and you expect me to be calm about it?!?! You know how much I love you, don’t you?! Is it that difficult to love me back as much?” Yoona already broke down as she was speaking theses lines.

“Baby, look—“

“You want us done? Then we’re really done!”

With that, Yoona picked up her things and raged away from her now ex-boyfriend.