When the Green Monster Emerges

Goodbyes Come With Second Chances.. Right?

 

Changmin and Yoona stopped over at an Italian restaurant nearby. Walking hand in hand, they entered the restaurant and Yoona chuckled.

"What now?" Changmin said, smiling and looking at her.

"Nothing. I just thought you'd bring me somewhere to pig out on street food. I didn't know you're into luxurius restaurants!"

"Well, I just thought I have to make it up for you for being late for the nth time." Changmin replied with a wink. He pulled a seat for Yoona and ordered a full-course meal for both of them. "Oh, and, by the way. Just one spaghetti please. Two forks." He winked.

"What are you up to again now, Shim Changmin?" Yoona giggled.

"What? Can't I be a hopeless romantic now? Mehrong."

Yoona squinted her eyes at him. As they were waiting for their food to get served, they chatted about how they were recently, Yoona's changes in schedule, Changmin's new camera, and all other random stuff. In the midst of their already deep conversation, suddenly, a tall girl with screaming orange hair and tiny physique approached thier table.

"But I don't know, Yunho found that camera too expensive and he has to buy something for Fany for their very first anniversary, right? Hey, don't tell--"

"Ohmygosh! Shim Changmin, is that you?!" the girl cut him off. Changmin and Yoona simultaneously looked at the girl whose eyes had already widened at the sight of him. Before Changmin could actually say anything, he hurried to sit beside him. "Ohmygosh, how have you been, hun?" she said excitedly, looking at the confused Changmin.

"Uhm.." Changmin mumbled in confusion.

"Oh, how stupid of me," she buffawed. "Don't you remember me anymore? Woo Gyuri, the first model you've worked with during your Elle days?"

"Aaah, of course! I'm so sorry, I didn't remember you right away. So how are you now?

She playfully slapped Changmin's shoulder. "Ohmygosh, you would never believe what just happened to me. I just got an offer to be a runway model in the great NYC. I mean, can you believe it? I was, like, no way!"

"Really?" Changmin said, trying to sound enthusiastic. "That's great."

"I know, right? I can't even believe it myself. Working with the great fashion designers and flaunting their extravagant clothes!"

The two carried on chatting, ignoring Yoona's presence apparently. The model just sat there with jealous eyes as his boyfriend and an unknown hag were displaying skinship in front of her, even if they were only friendly ones. A few minutes later, the girl excused herelf as she had a photoshoot in a few hours. As soon as the girl disappeared from her view, Yoona shot a glare at Changmin who was still smiling like an idiot.

"What?" Changmin asked innocently.

"Did you have to be all touchy-touchy in front of me?"

"Touchy-touchy? What the heck, Yoong. She's a noona."

"All the more interesting to hit on her, right?"

"Are you telling me you're actually jealous with that woman?"

" Tell me, Changmin. Do I have something to be jealous about?"

"What?! And now you're actually suspecting me of something?!?!"

Yoona shrugged. "I didn't say a thing. Are you really that guilty?"

Changmin heaved a deep sigh. "We've been going for almost three years already and our argument is still the same. Your foolish jealousy. Don't you have any trust in me? So all this time, you've been speculating that I'm engaged in a third party? Is that what you think of me? Do you find me that kind of guy? I love you. Period. I don't think you have to doubt any of those three words. It's just that.. I'm tired. Because I feel like I have to defend myself when I don't. I thought nothing matters when you care about a person. Why do I need to prove myself to you?"

Yoona grimly  stared at Changmin for a few seconds, stood up, and then left just as the waiter was about to serve their order.