La Ville-Lumière Occasion

Goodbyes Come With Second Chances.. Right?

 

 

“Miss Lim, you are being called my Chairman Park.”

“For what is it?” Yoona asked herself as she stood up and greeted one Kahi’s secretary goodbye. She rarely gets called in the office. This would be the second. The first one was because of a modelling scandal she made long time ago. What is it this time?

Yoona gave the door three knocks. After a few seconds, she was responded by a muffled voice. Assuming that it was a summon for her to go inside, she opened the door and was greeted by a smiling Kahi.

“Oh, you’re here. Good morning, Lim Yoona!” she greeted as Yoona bowed to her.

“Good morning, President. You called for me?”

“Ah, yes.” Kahi responded with a smile. She gestured for Yoona to take a seat on a couch and sat herself as well across on her.

Yoona looked at her in anticipation, though the nervousness cannot be hidden in her eyes.

Kahi chuckled. “Don’t worry, Yoona. What I am about to say would be nothing but beneficial to you.”

Yoona slouched in relief but immediately straightened up after Kahi gave her an eye.

“Lim Yoona, I think I have failed to inform you about the company’s recent global meeting. Remember my trip to New York?”

“Ah, nae. Why?”

“That was for our annual and global meeting and report. And.. we have been.. introducing models to each branch.”

“Mmmh. I see. But.. where do I get in the picture, president?” Yoona asked in curiosity.

“Good question. Madame Madeleine Delacour, president of Paris’ branch.. has her eyes on you.” Kahi said with a sweet and warm smile.

“Me?”

Kahi nodded. “This is why I called you. I want to know if you are interested in applying for a transfer in the country which homes the famous Chanel. It would definitely boost your career as a model, that I am sure of.”

“Ah, but.. that. I’m not really sure.” Yoona said hesitantly.

“Are you saying that you don’t have any slight interest on transferring? Lim Yoona, this is Paris for goodness’ sake. City of fashion. What is it that disinterests you?”

Yoona looked away.

“Look, is this about your boyfriend?” Kahi looked at her in concern but Yoona remained silent. “I heard that the two of you have been having a rough time together lately. It’s normal in relationships, really.” She gazed at Yoona and sighed. “Anyway, personal matters shouldn’t be talked about here in the office, right? Well.. in case Shim Changmin really is the reason, think about it, okay? You don’t know what you’re staking here.”

Yoona nodded then bowed, gesturing her leave.

Kahi sighed as she watched her close the door. “Ah, seriously. These kids shouldn’t go mixing their career with their romance.”