2 - A change in plans

The Princess and the Player


The next day you woke up bright and early with a text message from your darling cousin, Donghae. Through his childish slang and terrible spelling, you managed to make out the following:


Yo, I talked to your parents and that knucklehead Myung last night! Everything worked out just as I said but theres going to be a change in plans. A delivery for various coffee beans was suppose to come tomorrow but they're early so we have to stop by work first and then go to my place. Sound good? Be ready in 20 minutes~


"Thank goodness I packed last night. Aish, pabo Donghae!" You muttered to yourself.


So currently you were patiently waiting outside after receiving a text from Donghae saying that he'd be there in a few minutes. Thankfully you dressed appropriately for the slightly chilly weather, looking casual in a simple outfit you chose before emptying your closet  into your suitcases. Somehow your cousin managed to pull through, successfully convincing both your parents and your brother with out much difficulty and here you were, sitting on the edge of the large fountain that was a few feet away from your porch. You turned back to look at the door, waving at Leeteuk, your favorite caretaker. He nearly broke out into cold sweats after hearing about your departure, and you reassured him that you'll only be a half hour drive away from home.


A honk boomed and you jumped, nearly falling back into the water behind you. Turning back towards the front gates of the manor, you smile when you saw a white van with the words: The Coffee Bean printed in bold letters on the side. You giggled, remembering how silly you thought the name was when you first heard it, but now you've grown to love it. The van came to a stop a few feet ahead of you and Donghae jumped out of the driver side. It was only then that you realized there was someone else in the van as well. The boy from the coffee shop yesterday also jumped out, smiling widely at you. You slowly raised yourself off the edge of the fountain. You bowed slightly towards the boy, murmuring a quick hello before turning towards Donghae.


"______ this is Taemin, Taemin this is ______. Now that you've met, Taemin help me load the van, we're going to be late." Donghae ordered, grabbing two suitcases before leading you into the passenger side.


You bit your lip nervously as Donghae lead you to the passenger side, throwing your suitcases into the back before opening the front door for you. The van was far to tall for you to get in without a little help, and you groaned internally as Donghae chuckled, lifting you up slightly so you could get it.


Donghae walked around to the driver's side as Taemin went to grab the last suitcase. You took this moment to lean over to your cousin, making sure to whisper when you spoke. "Why is he here, Oppa?"


Donghae adjusted the mirrors and started the car before answering. "When I woke up he was watching cartoons in his room so I just--"


"H-His room?" You repeated, feeling your face heat up.


Donghae smiled at you sheepishly. "Did I forget to mention that Taemin lives with me?"


Your eyes widened as you fell back into your seat. "He l-lives with you? Oppa! If I knew you weren't living alone I wouldn't have-"


"Don't worry about it, ______! Taemin-ah is a good kid, sure he thinks he's still four years old and Zelo is just--"


"Z-Zelo?" You stuttered, glaring at him. "Do you live in a school dorm or something, Oppa? Jeez!" You shrieked, covering your face with your hands.


He let out a nervous chuckle as Taemin loaded the suitcase in the trunk, carelessly slamming it shut before walking around to get in through the back. "Don't worry about it." He repeated. "Zelo's a moody idiot that just flirts with everyone. All in all, they're both pretty much harmless."


Taemin entered the van, his face glowing from his doll like features. He sent you a soft smile. "Its nice to meet you, ______-sshi, I'm Taemin. I believe we're the same age so no need to talk formally with me, alright?" You just looked at him, unable to form any words. He laughed, reaching over to pinch your cheek with his free hand. "You're so cute, ______-sshi!"


"Yah, watch it." Donghae warned, playfully, smacking younger boy's hand
 away.


A blush flew to your cheeks in an instant and you felt yourself smiling. "Y-You can just call me ______, T-Taemin. You don't have to be formal with me e-either."

He grinned widely. "Lets be friends, okay?"


You nodded, feeling your smile grow just as wide as his. It was a new feeling for you. Making friends was never something you were good at, and you felt relieved at this opportunity to be close with someone like Taemin. He seems like a very nice boy, and you're already starting to feel somewhat comfortable around him.


"This summer is going to be awesome!" He cheered, as the van pulled out of the mansion's driveway.


Donghae rolled his eyes and you giggled before sticking you head out of the window, sending a quick wave to Leeteuk who stood by the door, smiling back at you.

 

>> f a s t   f o r w a r d.


Donghae cursed under his breath as he pulled into the The Coffee Bean's parking lot. After turning off the engine you all exited the car, and Donghae turn to Taemin. "Taemin-ah, take princess inside and show her the ropes while I deal with this delivery crap, alright?" He didn't leave any room for questions as he threw a set of keys in your general direction.

 

After easily catching the keys in one hand, Taemin nodded, grabbing your hand with his free one before leading you towards the entrance and Donghae went towards the back where a large trunk was now parking. You felt the blood rush to your cheeks as he slipped his fingers between yours, intertwining your hands. Without a word the both of you reached the front of the cafe, and he quickly unlocked the double doors with the keys.

 

Once the two of you were inside he let go of your hand, and you almost immediately missed the warmth of his hand in yours. It was so strange to you, experiencing such a tender touch from someone other than family, your maids or butlers. You definitely weren't used to making friends, but after meeting Taemin you regret going through your entire life without a single friend to talk to.

 

You were just always on your own.

 

"I'm not sure what I'm supposed to show you, ______. I'm sure you've been here enough times-- Oh! I'll show you the kitchen!" He announced, (Even though it was visible through the large cut out square through the wall between the counter and the kitchen itself), grabbing your hand once more as he lead you behind the counter and through a set of doors that revealed the spotless kitchen. Even if you've been here numerous times, you've never been in this particular room before. "This is where all the pastry making gets done." He continued, staring at you with a smile. "Jiyong hyung and Top Hyung take care of that stuff. Well, mostly its Jiyong hyung since Top hyung, bless his soul, isn't as delicate as he thinks. . So Jiyong hyung just makes him clean up."

 

You nodded, taking in the information as you let your eyes wander around the room. "I like this room." 

 

He laughed, letting go of your hand to ruffle your hair similar to how Donghae does it, yet with more playfulness than affection. "Next is the second floor." He began walking out of the kitchen and around the counter towards another door, turning back to see if you were still following. You smiled shyly and scurried after him. He reached out one of his hands and smiled once you took hold of it immediately. "So Donghae tells me you're not really the social type," Taemin began, as he led you up a set of stairs.

 

You nodded silently, bitting your lip. "I've never really been around a lot of people s-so I'm sort of socially handicapped."

 

He laughed, filling your chest up with a feeling that can only be described as happiness. "Want to know my opinion?" He asked suddenly, waiting for you to nod before continuing. "I think you're doing pretty darn good for a first time socializer."

 

You giggled, looking over at him just as the two of you reached the second floor. "Thanks, Taemin. Would it be incredibly lame if I told you that you were my first friend?"

 

Taemin's smile widened. "I'm honored to be your first friend, princess."

 

A groan left your lips, "No don't start with that. . "

 

"Aniyo, I think its cute, ______. Suits you perfectly." He shrugged, looking around the second floor. "This is basically where we take our breaks and Donghae hyung's office is behind that door there. During really hot days, we usually open up this floor for customers as well, since we're pretty busy during the summer."

 

You nodded, following as he led you back down the stairs just as Donghae walked into the cafe with two men following closely behind. One had bleached white hair, a hard stare and a strong jawline, but something about him made you feel that he was in fact a softy. The other was shorter than the first, short and cutely messy brown hair covered with a winter hat (even though it was nearly summer. . how strange.) He looked rather confident in himself, and wore a genuine smile.

 

"Yah, Taemin-ah, is Zelo here yet?"

 

Taemin shook his head, "Why, is something wrong?"

 

Donghae sighed, "Aniyo, I just asked him to do me a favor. I hope that brat did what I asked for once. Anyway, ______, winter bunny here goes by Jiyong and grandpa over there answers to Top. They work in the kitchen making the pastries. Actually, Jiyong the one that makes the pastries, Top--"

 

"Isn't as delicate as he thinks?" You finished for him, offering a shy smile to the man with the bleached white hair that you now identified as Top.

 

"I like her!" Jiyong announced, letting out a laugh while you blushed and looked down at your feet. Top looked over at you with a slight smile starting at his lips.

 

Donghae rolled his eyes. "Get moving, guys, I don't pay you for nothing."

 

Taemin let out a snort as he crossed his arms over his chest. "You don't pay me at all."

 

Raising his eyebrows Donghae mimicked Taemin's position. "You're paying off your rent, brat, now get to work."

 

Grumbling, Taemin followed as Jiyong and Top made their way upstairs to change into their uniforms. You simply leaned against the counter, starring at your cousin with a clueless look upon your face. He smiled and approached you, catching you in a sweet embrace. You smiled and returned the hug, wrapping your arms around his torso tightly.

 

"You okay, princess?"

 

You nodded, pressing your face into his chest before letting out a content sigh. "Its different but its okay. I'm okay."

 

"Am I interrupting something?" A voice called out, just a second after the entrance doors chimed.

 

Donghae looked over towards the doors, not bothering you let go of you. "Yah! You're late, Zelo."

 

You pulled yourself away from Donghae to get a look at this oh-so-famous Zelo character and nearly fainted. The blond curly hair, the dark eyes. .

 

"You!" The two of you whispered in unison.

 

Donghae looked from Zelo to you, curiosity running over his face before settling into amusement. "Don't tell me you've slept with this bastard too?" He teased, crossing his arms over his chest.

 

Your face flushed a scarlet red and you smacked your cousin's shoulder. "Oppa!" You squealed, hiding your face in your hands.

 

Zelo let out a chuckle as he approached the two of you, handing your cousin the bag he had walked in with. "No way, boss. I'd rather skin myself alive than do the dirty with your cousin."

 

Donghae scrunched up his nose in disgust. "Gross but thanks for your consideration toward princess over here." He glared at the blond. "Since you know she's my cousin, that mean's you've read my text from last night. How about replying next time?"

 

Zelo rolled his eyes and nodded submissively. "Sure, boss. Now are we done here or do you need me to do another one of your little favors."

 

You watched as the two interacted some more, sensing the bond that was between them. It was very different from the one he shared with Taemin. This one seemed more. . .

 

"Wait, you're Zelo?" You suddenly shouted, starring at the blond. The two looked at you as if you were an idiot and you blushed deeply. "T-That means you're living with Oppa too?"

 

Zelo nodded, a smirk playing upon his lips as he stared at you, his eyes moving from yours to your lips and back up to your eyes, similar to the first time you met. "Hi roomie." He shot you a wink before walking by you and up the stairs.

 

You gulped, a million different thoughts flooding your mind. He's Zelo? But he was such a jerk last time, how am I suppose to live with him? But he wasn't so bad now. . except when he said he'd rather skin himself alive. . am I really that unattractive?

 

Donghae shoved the bag into your arms and smiled at you. "Heres your uniform, princess. I ordered it just for you last night."

 

You stared at the bag in your hands.

 

"Well go try it on!" He suddenly blurted out, pushing you towards the woman's washroom. "You should really cut short your calls with Myungsoo, you're turning into a knucklehead just like him."

 

Rolling your eyes you entered the bathroom, opening the bag to find. . .

 

"Holy crap." You whispered, starring at the uniform.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick note: Does anyone else find it weird how GD is Jiyong while TOP is just TOP, and not
Seunghyun? baha, well theres a reason for all that. . just you wait x)

 

-allie :3