The Little Things He Does

The Little Things He Does

I was awakened at 3:26 AM by a dull thumping sound outside my door.
"What in the hell?" I quickly got out of bed and went to my door. Opening it an inch, I looked into the corridor. I was dumb-founded to say the least at what I saw: Tao was sitting in his boxers and a vest with his back to one wall and was repeatedly throwing his ball at the other. He looked deep in concentration.
"Tao? What are you doing out here? It's 3AM." I opened the door fully and leaned on the door post.
Tao didn't even look up at me.
I sighed. "That's rude ya know." I looked to one side, half annoyed, half-hurt by his indifference.
"Well if you decide to come in, the door is unlocked." I walked over to him and bent down to his cheek. Giving him a small peck, I got back up and went back in the room, making sure to leave the door unlocked incase he decided to come in but he never did.




The next morning, I found him in the same position asleep, the ball between his legs.
”What am I gonna do with you?” I sighed and woke him up. He looked up at me through half-lidded eyes.
”Nice to see you got some sleep.” I chuckled.
He stared at me.
I stared back.
”Go to bed.” I said, stooping to his eye-level.
”Make me.” He said roughly.
I shrugged and grabbed him by his arm and literally dragged him to the room.
”Sleep.” I said as he unwillingly climbed onto the bed.
”Why?” he objected.
”Because if you don’t, I will call Kris and he will tie you to the bed and drug you.” I threatened as I stepped closer to the bed, leaning over him. His dark eyes bore into mine.
”Call me when it’s lunch.” He quickly put his head on the pillow and backed me. I sighed again. I seemed to be doing a lot of that lately.

I had gone out to buy some candy for myself. I had felt sorry for dragging Tao so I bought his favorite candy.
When I returned, I found Tao lying on the dining room table. The tablecloth was neatly folded and placed in a chair but I still couldn’t get over the fact that he as lying on the table. His face was one of deep concentration. I don’t know whether he was contemplating the meaning of life or just decided that watching the ceiling would be a good hobby but I left him alone, assuming he was thinking about something important and left his candy on the kitchen table.

That night he bathed early I guess because by the time I finished watching Monster-In-Law, he was standing in the middle of the room in just a towel around his waist and droplets of water on the floor and scattered all over his chest, legs, arms and hair with the most confused look I have ever seen, on his face. Again, I don’t know why he decided to stand there like a confused puppy in the middle of the room but all I said was, “You’re half-, just so you know,” and walked back out so he could dress.
 As I made dinner, I heard a commotion in the living room and then a hard thump, shaking the ground a little.
”What happened?” I asked as I rushed out to see what had caused the loud noise. And low-and-behold, there was Tao sitting on the floor, dazed.
”What’s wrong with you today? You’re way out of it, more than usual.” I sat in front of him and checked him for bruises. He was perfectly fine, just dazed. He just hung his head. I sighed for the billionth time that day and left to continue cooking. I would usually leave him alone if he was in one of his moods and this appeared to be one of them.
I was awakened by a series of soft grunts and groans early the next morning. It was coming from downstairs. I got up quickly to see what was happening. Peeping around the corner, I saw Tao practicing his Wushu. The sofa was pushed back far and the small table was up against the wall. He looked deep in concentration but I saw something else on his handsome face: deep sadness and sorrow. I don’t know why but he was sad. Then he stopped, his arm fell to his sides and his head bowed. His shoulders gave a small heave and I knew he was crying. He had never cried in front of me.
But I didn’t want to seem nosy so I went back to my room and went back to sleep.

The next morning, I found him passed out on the floor, his face flushed and sallow at the same time.
”Why do you keep doing this?” I whispered as I placed a cushion under his head and went to make breakfast.
When he woke up, it was 3 in the afternoon. When I saw him, my heart shattered. His eyes were red, his face was flushed and he was pale with dark half-circles under his eyes. He looked absolutely terrible. But he said nothing to me as he passed me to go upstairs.

That night, when I was preparing to sleep, I found him lying down facing the desk. I turned off the light and slipped in beside him, our backs barely touching. I knew he wasn’t asleep because I wasn’t either. Then he said something tat completely destroyed my heart.
”Don’t you love me?” He whispered sadly. I turned; a look of horror flew across my face.
”Of course I do!”
”Then why are you always ignoring me?” He sat up, his back still to me.
I thought about all the times I didn’t talk to him in the past few days.
”I thought you were thinking about something important and I didn’t want to disturb you.”
”And yesterday in the living room?”
”I saw that you were okay so I went back to cooking.”
”And when I was standing in the middle of the room?”
”I didn’t even know why and I thought you were thinking then too and I didn’t want to break your train of thought.”
He was silent for about 4 minutes.
”What about last night?” He whispered. I could see from there that he was going to cry and I sat up and embraced him from behind.
”I didn’t even know what to do.”
He said nothing but I felt him try to steady his breaths and failing. A tear fell on the back of my hand and my heart broke.
”I’m sorry for ignoring you. I’m sorry for not being there for you. I’m sorry for not comforting you. I’m sorry for everything I’ve done wrong to you.” I squeezed him slightly. He turned to face me, his eyes big and red with tears. I put my arms around his neck and drew him close. He buried his face in my neck and cried. It hurt me that he thought I didn’t love him. All this time when I thought he was trying to distance himself from me, he was trying to get my attention that something was wrong. I was stupid for not realizing it sooner.
Kissing his forehead, I rocked him to sleep and slowly his crying died down to sniffles then soft, even breaths.

When I woke up the next morning, he was still asleep so I decided to make breakfast for him. Just as I was about to get out of bed, he grabbed my wrist and yanked me back down. I looked back at him with an expression of amusement and shock.
”I never said you could leave.” He jokingly stated. I faced him and leaned over him, my face directly above his.
”Well then, may I leave Tao?” I asked softly, leaning closer to him. He smirked and pulled me down more until our lips were millimeters apart.
”No.” he replied and kissed me.

**************************************************
DONE!!!!!
I didn't really like how this came out but I'll let you all be the judge of it's quality.
How was it this time? It was just an idea that happened to pop into my head because of all the subscribers I got for the last Tao fic I did. ^-^.
Thank you to all of you who subscribed to that fic and to this one. ^^ It made my night.
Hope you enjoyed this fic.
(I’m Tao biased so you might see more Tao fics soon)
Also, good luck to EXO who will debut in 2 days!!
EXO HWAITING!!
Support coming from all the way in Barbados! <3 <3 <3
^-^ Annyeong~!

-k-minnie001
aka
Huang Tai Kymmie
(lol)

 Also:
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To all my subscribers for this fic and for my other Tao fic!
You were a big help in my motivation!!
I'm sorry I can't type all of you up now but you know who you are ^^
I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
50 hearts for all my subbies for all my stories and extras! ^^
BYE!!!!
Tao also has something to say:
Tao: Thank you very much for appreciating my character in these stories. *bows* ^_^ Bye.
Me: Ain't he cute? ^w^