That's When You're the Prettiest, I Hope That You Don't Take It Wrong...

Best I Ever Had

 

I'm kind of proud of myself for writing this oneshot in one night. Although, to be fair, it's pretty short. I shouldn't even have wrote it, considering I have two multi-chapter fics that need updating and am also currently working on another one shot.  But, I just saw that picture of Ri and couldn't help myself. This had to be written.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy my second oneshot of our beloved panda maknae. It's short, but I hope it's enough fluff for all of you.  :D

P.S. I didn't really edit, so I apologize for the mistakes right now. :]

___________________________________________________________________________________

“Get that camera away from my face, Seunghyun,” a willowy, milky-skinned figure warned darkly, her voice low.  She kept her eyes leveled on her boyfriend as he sat on the edge of the bed, a fancy, black Nikon DSLR camera gripped tightly in one hand, the strap of which was twisted carefully around his forearm, just in case he was clumsy and dropped it.

“Ani.  I want to take some photos of my beautiful jagiya,” said her boyfriend of eighteen months, the young man named Seunghyun with dark hair and a smug smile on his face, from where he sat on the edge of his bed.  Without warning, he snapped a quick shot of her without looking at either the screen on the back of the camera or in the viewfinder, as she stood against the doorframe of his bedroom, her weight on one leg, a laundry basket of both their now clean clothes held against her waist.  “I know she’d want me to take pictures of her for me to keep by my side when I’m away from her for promotions and tours.”

She huffed at the sound the camera made, letting her know that he had indeed taken a photo of her that she neither authorized nor wanted.  She shifted her weight from one leg to the other, the laundry basket still pressed against her body.

“Oh, and where is this girlfriend of yours who wants you to take pictures of her?” she asked lightly, although Seunghyun could pick up the sarcasm in her tone of voice. She walked over to the bed beside him and dropped the laundry basket on the mattress.  “Because I’m sure you’re not talking about me, since I sure as hell don’t want you taking photos of me looking like this.”

She took a step back away from the bed as she pointed to herself, pointing out the way she was dressed.  She had on a pair of light pink house slippers, some faded black sweatpants, and a white Big Show 2011 shirt that she tucked into her shorts since it was one size too big (it actually belonged to Seunghyun). Her long black hair was tied up into a messy, lazy bun, strands of it sticking up and out in disarray despite hiding under a bandana, and her eyes were covered by her thick-framed black glasses that she only wore inside the house. She was also not wearing any makeup. What was the point? She was at home.

 It was definitely a look she didn’t want documented on film and saved for her boyfriend’s amusement when he was away on tour. For sure, the other Big Bang members would see it, considering how careless Seunghyun was with his belongings.  And she didn’t want that. No, she wanted to be saved from the embarrassment.

“What’s wrong with the way you look now, Lauren?” Seunghyun asked her innocently as he rubbed his right ear cartilage, right by his newest ear piercing.

“Are you kidding me? Look at me!” Lauren asked dubiously. But before she could even get another word in, Seunghyun lifted the camera to up to his face to look through the viewfinder and snapped another shot, the sound of which made her shoulders jolt in surprise.

“Stop,” she hissed harshly, her eyes wide and nose flared in alarm.  Her next few words were punctuated with short pauses in between each one, her hands clapping to beat of her pauses. “You need to stop doing that, jagi.”

“Waeyo?” he asked, a playful smile tugging at the corners of his lips.  He loved to toy with her, push her buttons whenever she refused to cooperate with him until she did.  But more often than not, he’d always lose to her hothead.  With the way things were going, it looked like he was going to do just that. Lose, that is.

“Because…look at me, Seunghyun! I look and feel disgusting and horrible!” Lauren argued.  She gestured to herself again, as if reminding him of how disheveled she looked.  “I’ve been doing chores all day long and didn’t even have a chance to shower yet!  I feel like I’m covered in dirt and dust!  I just don’t want you taking pictures of me looking like this!”

As if he weren’t listening to her rant, Seunghyun foolishly took another shot of his girlfriend, mid-rant, arm in the air as she pointed at him accusingly, the look on her face akin to that of G-Dragon’s when he was on stage, in the middle of rapping passionately, nose flared and an open mouth with lips snarled on one side of his face.  Seunghyun laughed at the comparison.

“Jagi, come look! You look exactly like Jiyong hyung when he’s performing,” the childlike Seunghyun laughed as he stared at the image on the screen on the back of the camera. He was still sitting on the edge of the bed, which his free hand slapped as he continued to laugh at his girlfriend’s unfortunate snapshot.

Lauren stood her ground a few feet away from him, her long, slender arms crossed over her chest, weight on her left leg.  She huffed again, blowing her sideways bangs away from her glasses.  When she didn’t move, Seunghyun stood up from where he sat and turned the camera’s back to her so that she could see the expression on her face that he was talking about.

Finally completely upset over Seunghyun’s disregard of her protests, Lauren finally snapped in the midst of Seunghyun’s laughing fit.

“YAH! LEE SEUNGRI! STOP THAT RIGHT NOW!” Lauren snapped at him.  She stomped her foot on the ground as if to add to the effect of her anger.

Just like his girlfriend’s had earlier when he took another candid of her, Seunghyun’s shoulders jolted, shocked at the anger emanating from his girlfriend’s usually softer, calmer face.  He jumped so much so that he almost dropped the expensive electronic in his hands on the floor. It was a good thing the strap was tied around his forearm, or it would have definitely fallen. 

But what scared him the most wasn’t Lauren’s tone of voice or the fact that he almost dropped his new prized possession.  It was, in fact, the way she had called him ‘Seungri’ as opposed to his real name, which she had usually called him. Where the average person knew someone was mad at them by calling them by their real first name, Seunghyun knew when Lauren was upset with him when she used his stage name, something he had told her not to do since they started dating.

“Y-yah,” Seunghyun weakly called out to her, dropping the camera on the bed behind him, no longer concerned with it.  Again, he repeated his call, this time, stronger and more confident. “Yah! I told you not to call me that!”

“Well, I told you to stop taking pictures of me and you didn’t listen, so…”

“Yeah, but you know I hate when you call me ‘Seungri’! It makes you sound like my hyungs or my fans. Not my girlfriend.”

“And you know I hate it when you take candid shots of me, especially when I look like ,” she fired back at him, her voice still on the defensive.

Seunghyun’s posture dropped when he heard this coming from his girlfriend’s lips.  He sighed deeply, his head dropping with the breath he released. 

“Is that what this is about?” he asked gently, the hostility in his voice gone.  He knew with her confession, even though it was spoken in a harsh tone, that this whole thing was about her insecurity, something she’d been struggling since they first started dating.  “The way you look?”

Lauren responded with a long, drawn out sigh of her own.  With her arms still crossed, she shook her head, rolled her eyes, and turned away from his gaze.  Even though she was ignoring her boyfriend’s visual survey, she could hear him chuckle softly to himself before the sound of his footsteps filled the room. Before she knew it, Seunghyun was standing in front of her, his stature towering over hers slightly.  She felt the warmth of his arms as he placed them on either side of her, his hands clasped tightly together behind her neck.

“Lauren-ah,” he called softly, trying to get her to look at him.  He let out another chuckle as he saw her jaw clench and listened to the audible sigh that escaped through her lips.  He let go of one hand to pull her turned face towards his direction.  But even with her face forward now, she didn’t look at him.  “Jagiya, look at me.  Jaebal?”

Only after he the side of her face gently with the back of his hand did she do as she was asked and looked up at him.

“Mwo?” she asked sharply, causing him to laugh instead of get frightened.  “Why are you looking at me like that?”

Seunghyun, who had been looking at her with a soft, kind of admiring expression, just smiled.

“Jagiya, you have to know you’re the most beautiful girl I’ve ever set my eyes on,” he said softly as he lowered his head so that his forehead was pressed right against hers.  “You know that, right?”

Lauren clucked her tongue, disbelieving his claim.

“Yah, don’t comfort me,” she said as she pressed the palms of her hands flat on his chest.  At the feel of her boyfriend’s chiseled body beneath her hands, she resisted the temptation to clamp onto his pectorals and give them a sensual squeeze. Instead, she urged herself to push him away.  “Don’t comfort me. Just stop taking pictures of me looking like this.”

She turned to walk away from him, but Seunghyun caught her in his arms and drew her back into his body, her back pressed up against his chest.

“Is my jagiya upset because she thinks she doesn’t look beautiful enough?” Seunghyun cooed as he rested his chin on Lauren’s shoulder. She tried to shrug him off, but he was relentless. 

“Yah, I didn’t say I didn’t think I looked beautiful enough,” she cried.  Seunghyun, on the other hand, found it so much amusement to it.  He wrapped his arms tighter around her.

“Then why is my jagiya so upset that I took a few pictures of her already?” the youngest member of Big Bang persisted.

“Look,” Lauren said as she tried to peel her boyfriend’s arms off her body.  “I just don’t like you taking pictures of me looking like this. Wearing these clothes.  And I don’t have any makeup on or anything right now. I just look and feel so ragged.  I don’t want you taking pictures of me looking like this.”

Seunghyun scrunched his eyebrows, confused by his girlfriend’s sentiments.

“Yah, did you not hear what I just said earlier? About you being the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen in my entire life?” he asked her, disbelieving. 

He loosened his grip of her a little to give her space to leave, which he expected her to do. But instead, she remained in the confines of his arms for some reason.  Lauren snorted at this as she turned around to face him. She placed her hands on his shoulders to help keep her composure.

            “Oh, even with all of your much more beautiful dancers in much less clothes dancing up on you on stage?  Or the girls who model with you in music videos and photo shoots?  You think I’m the most beautiful girl you’ve ever seen?”

“Why do you think that’s so funny?” Seunghyun asked, taken aback by her laughter.

“Because look at me, Seunghyun.  I’m just an average girl you met at school two years ago in that advanced math class we were both taking,” Lauren replied to him distraughtly.  She used one hand to gesture to herself again, at the way she looked.  “I’m not some amazing idol singer, some talented actress, or some drop dead gorgeous actress you’re supposed to be with. I’m just regular, normal Lauren Yang, some Korean-American girl who’s just as amazing as a wet paper towel.”

“Well, if you’re the kind of wet paper towel that can collect a spill in one wipe, then I’d say you’re pretty amazing,” Seunghyun joked around, trying to lighten the atmosphere in the room.  Lauren looked up at him with her eyebrows scrunched. 

“What?” she asked incredulously.

“Nothing, jagi,” Seunghyun said quickly, shaking his head. “I was just trying to make a joke. Forget it.”

“I’m glad you think my insecurity is funny,” she told him dryly.

“I don’t,” he said back, his voice stern and serious this time around.  She looked up at him and examined the look on his face to see if it matched the seriousness in his voice. It did.  He pressed his forehead against hers again, but not before he kissed her on the tip of her nose.  “I’m really serious, jagiya. You are the most beautiful woman in the world to me. And that’s all that should matter to you. Not whom I dance, act, or model with. It’s you, the woman I come home to every night.”

Lauren pursed her lips, her eyes steady on Seunghyun’s face, not sure whether to believe him or not.  His little half-smile was indication enough for her to know he was sincere and telling the truth.  It also melted her heart and made her relent, finally.

“But why take a picture of me when I’m dressed like this, huh?  If you wanted a picture of me, just tell me so I can shower, get dressed, and made up. Then you can take all the pictures you want of me,” Lauren whined, pounding a fist against Seunghyun’s chest. He just laughed as she did so.  “I can go do that all now. Just set up the camera while I get ready.”

He lifted his head off and away from hers, shaking it in the process.  His hands wrapped around her wrists as he walked backward towards the bed, pulling her with him.  He returned to his seat on the edge of the bed and opened his legs to her, inviting her into his embrace.

“Jagiya, don’t you think if I wanted a picture of a made-up version of you to take with me everywhere I go, I would ask you for one?” he asked her.  Again, Lauren pursed her lips as she considered this. She just shrugged her shoulders in reply. “It’s not a made-up version of you I’m looking for. It’s not what I need or want. Or really like, for that matter.”

Seunghyun didn’t miss her eyes narrowing at him as he said this. She tugged away from his grip, but he only tightened it.

“No, no, no. Don’t get me wrong. I mean, I love the way you look any time, baby. I do,” he said desperately.  He felt Lauren relax has he said this.  He smiled as he looked up at her.  “It’s just that…I love the way you look when you’re natural – no makeup, no fancy dresses or y tops, no stilettos that you complain about after wearing them for only half an hour.  I like this Lauren Yang, the extraordinary woman who has the ability to look beautiful in whatever she wears for whatever she does, like your sweats while you’re doing house chores.”

“You do?” Lauren asked, incredulous once more. Her face scrunched up, disbelief clear on it.  Seunghyun nodded once. “Really?”

“Yes, jagiya,” Seunghyun said confidently, strongly, ready to put an end to this argument.  “You’re just so much more beautiful when you look like this.  Because you’re not even trying at all and you still outshine all those girls who surround themselves around me at work.  You’re beautiful in every way and every style, Miss Lauren Yang.  And you’re the best girl I’ve ever had in my life.”

“Jeongmal?” Lauren asked, sounding pleased with what she heard. A small smile formed on her face before Seunghyun could even confirm his answer.  But once he did, the smile grew three times as wide and three times as bright. 

Lauren pressed herself farther against her boyfriend, who received her with open arms, which he wrapped around her waist.  She set her legs on either side of him on the bed and tilted his head up to reward him with a deep, passionate kiss.

When they pulled apart, Lauren kept her eyes on Seunghyun as she ran her hands over his soft, short black hair.  Seunghyun closed his eyes as she did so, but he stirred when she called his name.

“Yah, Lee Seunghyun,” she whispered softly.  He opened his eyes slowly and found her looking down at him with a smile on her face.  “Saranghaeyo.”

He chuckled once, a wide smile on his own face, as well. “Ne, nado saranghaeyo, Lauren-ah.”

He kissed her again before she got up off of him, announcing that she was going to put the clean laundry away in the dresser across the room.  Seunghyun nodded and watched her for a while as she did so.  Then, he reached behind him for the camera resting on the bed.  He looked through the few photos he had taken of her earlier, admiring each one silently with a smile. 

Lauren turned back to face him and studied the look of admiration on his face, now completely believing what he had said earlier about him loving her natural look more than anything. She smiled as she continued to watch him. That is, until he stopped on one picture that made him snort out of his nose.  Instantly, she knew exactly what picture he was staring at.

“Yah, Seunghyun-ah,” she called out to him from where she stood. Seunghyun’s head whipped up as soon as his name was called and stared at his girlfriend with innocent eyes and a thin smile on her face.  “You know you’re going to have to delete that picture of me looking like Jiyong, right?”

“Aniyo,” he bellowed so quickly and loudly as she shook his head in small, yet rapid movements from side to side.  “I won’t delete.”

“Yah, you better,” Lauren warned harshly, looking about ready to charge at him.  As if readying himself for it, Seunghyun stood up from the bed, wrapped the strap of the camera around his arm like had done earlier, and bolted for the door.

“But it’s the best one of you I’ve ever had!” he shouted to her right before he exited the room and shut the door behind him.

“YAH! LEE SEUNGRI!” Lauren shouted after him. The only response she got in return was a "Saranghaeyo, jagi" followed by an uncontrollable bout of giggles.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Oh, lame ending, I know. But please let me know how you liked it.

REVIEWS PLEASE! :D