What's Up With the Maknae?

Loving Fame

Donghae P.O.V

I wanted to tape the sign to the window, but Hee Soon said it might worry the neighbors. I tossed the paper on my bed and found Hee Soon in the kitchen, getting rice.

"Explain," I said, still kind of upset.

"What?" she asked.

"Everything."

"From where?"

"The beginning." She kept quiet. "Now," I said sternly. She sighed and began her story.

"I was sitting on the subway..."

~45 minutes, two bowls of rice, a banana milk, and a detailed story later~

"So...Ki Hoon is Key, you were forced to chug your water, ran into Jonghyun, head desked a table, Taemin was the first to check on you, they bought you food, and Onew drives like some guy name Teukie? Who's Teukie?"

"Same as your Teukie," Hee Soon mumbled, full of the last spoonful of her rice. For a little girl, she sure eats a lot...wait...

"MY Teukie?! They know MY Teukie?!"

"Yeah. He's in Super Junior. How did you not know that?"

"Ooh...he told me about that...I didn't believe him..."

"Why not?" Hee Soon asked curiously.

"He was slammed drunk...hehe...that was the night he was trying to kiss you..."

"And you punched him in the jaw..." She chuckled.

"Good times..." I smiled. We were silent for a few minutes.

"Oppa..." Hee Soon finally spoke.

"Hmm?"

"...are you still mad at me?" I took my gaze off of the floor and looked at my baby sister. She had a worried expression on her face; her eyes were sad.

"Of course not, sweetie," I said, sliding across the floor to the other side of the table and giving her a hug. I looked at her and smiled, but tears stained her cheeks.

"Yah, why are you crying?" I asked, gently wiping her tears away with my thumbs.

"Do you still want to destroy SHINee's faces?" I chuckled.

"That's why you're so upset?"

"No...I just feel bad 'cause every time you come home, you end up worried about me for some reason..."

"I'm your oppa. It's kind of my job." She smiled a little. "Did they do anything to hurt or offend you?"

"No," she hiccuped.

"Then no. Their faces will stay pretty...for now." Hee Soon smiled and hugged me, burying her face into my chest.

"Thank you, oppa," she said quietly.

"For what? Not smashing their faces?"

"For caring about me so much."

A smile unconsciously made its way to my lips as I hugged my little sister. It was the little things like a simple hug that make me realize how much I miss her when I go away...

 

Minho P.O.V

To Key's relief, we got back to the dorms in one piece.

"Is it your dream to be a race car driver or something?!" Key shouted at Onew.

"Damn chicken...I must have betrayed the country in a past life..." Key muttered under his breath, heading to the kitchen.

"I heard that!" Onew said.

"GOOD!"

There was a good amount of dishes in the sink from breakfast, so Key took it upon himself as the umma to wash them.

"Why can't these kids ever do their dishes? And why can't you LEARN TO DRIVE?!" Key turned his head to give Onew a glare.

"YOU'RE ALIVE AREN'T YOU?! I don't see YOU getting your license!"

Umma sure likes to complain...

I looked over to find Taemin with his arms wrapped around his knees, which were pulled to his chest, and his chin resting on his knees as he sat on the couch.

"Look, Onew hyung. You've traumatized our Taeminnie!" I joked, taking a seat next to Taemin. He looked really zoned out.

"Taemin-ah," I called. He didn't respond, so I lightly tapped his shoulder.

"Taemin-ah..." I tried again.

"Hmm?" he mumbled, still looking into oblivion.

"Something on your mind?"

"No..."

"Then is the floor that captivating?"

"Of course. See how shiny it is? It's like a mirror," he replied, sarcasm lacing his voice.

"Are you being sarcastic with me?" I turned to face him, slightly amused.

"Nooo~" I noticed Key lingering in the kitchen, listening intently. He noticed me trying to shoo him away, but grabbed a piece of paper, wrote something down, and showed me. 'No way. This is a rare moment.' Stupid hyung...

I rolled my eyes at him and turned back to Taemin.

"There's something...I can tell."

"No, there's really not," he insisted.

"You're sure?" I guess something in him snapped because he shot up from his seat and glared at me.

"Hyung! Nothing. Is. Wrong! Can't you see I just want to be alone?!" He turned away and stormed off to the bedroom...that we share. Crap...

I saw Key rushing across the living room in an attempt to follow Taemin.

"Don't," I said flatly.

"But he-"

"Wants to be alone. Respect that," He nodded his head and leaned against the wall, analyzing me. Can he tell this is bugging me?

"So...when are you going to bed?" he asked me.

"In a few minutes, I guess."

"But he's pissed."

"I'll just sleep on the couch."

"That's not comfortable..take my bed."

"Where will you sleep?"

"With Jonghyun," Key half-smiled.

"...I'll take the couch." Key pouted.

"Whyyyy~?" he whined.

"Because I don't want to hear you guys. Plus, Taemin is only across the hall and the wall's aren't that thick. He's too young to know about that stuff."

"What are you-...YOU SICK ERT!" Key shouted, throwing the nearest object - his slipper - at my head. I caught it as Key gave me a death glare.

"Chill, I'm just kidding," I smirked as he continued to stare at me.

"So you're on the couch tonight?"

"Yeah."

"Alright." He walked down the hall. I thought he was going to bed, so I laid down on the couch and closed my eyes. A few seconds later, I felt something land on me. I opened my eyes as Key said, "Don't get cold, arasso?"

He'd thrown a blanket over me.

"Reconcile with the mushroom, okay?" He knelt down on the floor next to me. "This couch will screw up your back if you sleep on it for too long."

"I should be okay for a night. He should be fine by tomorrow."

"Let's hope...good night, Charisma," Key said, kissing his index finger and poking my cheek.

"What? You can't actually give me a kiss?" I asked. Key said nothing.

"...or are you saving your lips for a dinosaur?"

"Yah! Key scowled, throwing a pillow at me.

"Kidding! Good night, umma~!" Key patted my head and walked to his and Jonghyun's room.

I looked at the clock and a steady 1:20 am blinked at me. Sleep came over me and I realized how tired I was.

Good night, Taemin-ah...

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's chapter 10! Omo!

Did you ever think Minnie would be like that? I almost didn't want to write him being upset 'cause I don't like thinking about oppa being mad...

It's getting better, yes? Thanks to the long weekend, I was able to post twice within two days ^^

I have exams this week Wednesday to Friday ᅮᅮ Must. Focus. The only thing I'm worried about is bombing my biology test. I'm HORRIBLE at biology...

I'm giving credit to John Green for head desking. He's awesome, so I felt it was necessary to use his term.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VCY4dup3-M

Vlogbrothers ftw. DFTBA ♥

Anyways, I hope you have a good week :)

Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing! ♥,

ShiningBias

 

Crazily Pretty by DNT