CHAPTER 14: ALONE

BREATHE

“This is my private chef and also my friend, Seven-hyung,” Jiyong introduces the guy serving us who is practically too handsome to be the chef.

 

“Is my boy here treating you well?” I smiled at him.

 

I was still surprised on the turn of events. This morning I was planning to get rid of him in my whole life. But just this afternoon, he materializes like an angel sent from heaven. He invites me to his home for a late dinner.

 

“I will leave you two. I still have a business meeting tomorrow”

 

“Thanks, hyung”

 

He bows then walks away while talking of his apron. I look in front of me and surprised to see him smiling, maybe that guy is close to him. Just with that, I feel closer knowing someone he knows. I feel happy.

 

“Is he really a chef?” I asked.

 

“Yes and no, go figure that out” he laughed.

 

I dump the last bite of cake in my mouth. It feels heaven. He smiled as he sees me pleased. Throughout the night, it seems like we are effectively communicating with our eyes. Well, I feel much comfortable with us being alone. Without anyone being around, we are free.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

He answered his phone as he stands up. He went to the other side of the pool to make a private conversation, I guess. I totally admire his house. I would describe it as a bachelor’s pad slash rest house slash home. Eating by the infinity poolside, how awesome is that?

 

“Aisht, Seunghyun…” he said as he sat down. “Anything I could still offer you?”

 

I raise my glass hinting him to pour me some drinks. He lifts the champagne bottle as I lay it towards him gripping it with my two fingers. We interact as casual as that just this whole time. As I think of it I felt my heart burst with happiness. If only we could stay like this…

 

“I love your house. This place is really great”

 

“I designed it myself” He says proudly.

 

“Oh really?” I answered back enthusiastically.

 

“It is meant for a man who will live his whole life alone”

 

My face fell. Even though he wouldn’t say it to me directly, I know deep inside my heart that he is that man. That man who is destined to live his whole life alone.

 

He looked down.

 

“Sir, Seunghyun’s driver sends these clothes for Dara”

 

The old man that they always call which I still don’t know the real name is, interrupts us. He is holding an overnight bag and another bag, I mean suitcase. I remember that I heard clothes, my name and Seunhyun’s name. I foresee danger ahead.

 

“What?” Jiyong pulls up on his sit and takes out his phone. He went to the other side of the pool.

 

“Dara-ssi, I’ll put this on the entrance counter” the old man said.

 

“Yeh” I politely answered back.

 

After a few minutes, I heard a noise below. And just by a second, two cars are speeding up away from the house. I look at Jiyong. He looks really pissed or rather angry hissing at the phone. He tossed away his phone somewhere and approached me.

 

“That is my two cars that Seunghyun forcefully borrowed…”

 

And by that time another bike speeds up.

 

“And that would be my butler…”

 

The old man? Does that mean we are now left here alone? And Seunghyun is expecting me to stay here for tonight? And so that means, those clothes are for me?

 

I am right. This is danger.

 

“He cuts all my phone lines so we can’t call a cab and it’s very late quite dangerous”

 

I open my phone to call Youngbae.

 

“He cuts that too”

 

My head is spinning. This is so much to take in. I am spending the night here, at his house, ALONE WITH HIM. What am I going to do? I feel I’m going to faint in any moment. Omo, I’m falling.

 

“DARA!!!”

 

I heard him call my name. Then after that I feel cold water splashed all over my body and then another splash. Someone is holding me. I open my eyes. I see him staring at me and I realized that I fell into the pool. Why did I fell into the pool? Why the pool?

 

“Are you okay?”

 

He is gripping me up with his two hands on my shoulder. The water is freezing and it is not helping.

 

“Can you swim?”

 

I nodded. He loses his grip.

 

“What happened?”

 

“I think I lost my balance”

 

“Okay, hold on me. It’s cold”

 

I came closer not knowing what to do. He wraps his arm around me.

 

“Sorry, human heat”

 

Why is that pool ladder so far to where I fall?

 

I stay still and let him swim our way out of the pool. I bury my head on his chest as I feel the cold. My lips are shaking. My body is shaking. But I feel him shaking too.

 

“You’re shaking” I whispered.

 

“Help me”

 

I wrapped my arms around him in return and lean closer.

 

“Thank you” He whispered back.

 

At last, we arrived at that stupid ladder. He helped me up. As I feel the wind touch my body, I can’t help but shudder. It is really cold, I know he is cold too.

 

“Wait” He said.

 

He runs to the table and grab some towel. He went back to me and quickly wrap two towels around me. Then he puts one around his shoulder. He rubs my shoulders after.

 

“I’m really sorry” I apologized.

 

“No, it’s me who should apologize. My friend is a total freak. That Seunghyun…”

 

He continues to dry my hair. I look up and found out how close his face on me. He probably noticed me looking as he glanced down for a second. I look down then he stops. He clears his throat.

 

“You need to change clothes”

 

He takes my hand and drags me inside. He grabbed the overnight bag on our way. Then climb the stair that leads to his room, I still remember. My body tensed at the thought of it. Why am I over-thinking?

 

“I only have one room here, only my room”

 

I feel a little embarrassed. Maybe he feels my tension that’s why he gives that remark. We enter the only room at that floor which is really big to be a bedroom, it's more of a pad. We enter another connecting room. There is a huge white fluffy bed that is looks so inviting but this must be his bed. Yes, his bed.

 

He dragged me to the left. There is a huge mirror in front while two doors are on both side. He opens the right door. It is a bathroom. He pushed me inside without entering. He stays in front of the door.

 

“I believe all you need is here or if you need anything else just call my name”

 

He trusts the overnight bag to me.

 

“How about you? You need to change clothes too”

 

“I’ll use the bathroom on the first floor, don’t worry. Okay, take a shower now please”

 

He quickly closes the door.

 

I don’t know if I should kill Seunghyun or not. But this is too much. I sit on the toilet and open my phone, ‘No network signal’. I look around. I can’t help but be amazed again. He has such a nice bathroom that I could almost want to live here.

 

I open the bag and find everything I need, from toothbrush to shampoo. And, clothes? There… All lacy and… Okay let’s not go in there, I’ll just remind myself to carry a knife and stab Seunghyun once I see him.

 

I took a shower, do all the necessary hygiene stuffs and wrap myself with a bath robe. I went out quietly and find him seating at the bed, drying his hair with a towel. He is now dressed with a white shirt and a blue boxers. I watch him for a moment but he probably sensed my presence.

 

He glances at me and smile. My heart stops.