What's Your B?

Mato's Finest

“Can someone tell me why we had to wake up at an ungodly hour of night and come to the meeting lounge?” Youngjae grumbled, still trying to wake up. There really was no point to his complaining, considering it was only an hour before he usually woke up.

Daehyun shrugged. “Our dear Commander told us to gather. He didn’t say what for. Jongup… Jongup!” He snapped. The youngest jolted away from the wall he’d fallen asleep leaning against.

“Sorry.”

“I think I hear someone coming.”

“Finally.” Youngjae stood up from the floor cushion.

The doors to the briefing room flew open with a loud bang. Yongguk, complete with uniform and red cape, stormed in. Himchan was hot on the pissed General’s heels.

“You didn’t have to storm out like that.”

“You could have told me!”

“They didn’t want me to. Not until you were properly briefed.”

“A heads-up would have been nice. I’m always the last to hear about things!” He spat.

“Hello?” Youngjae tried interjecting, but he knew it was pretty much pointless. Once Yongguk got started, it was hard to calm him down.

Himchan brushed a bit of his purplish cape over his shoulder and crossed his arms. Daehyun cleared his throat, finally getting their attention. “What’s going on?”

“The Viceroy has been kidnapped by Visi and taken to earth, and now we have to go get her and bring her back!”

“What’s so bad about that?”

“We’re needed here!” Yongguk ignored Daehyun, turning to glare at Himchan.

“No, we’re needed to bring back our Viceroy.”

“Isn’t she up for Governor soon?” Jongup’s question was more for himself than the others. Yongguk whirled and stomped across the room to the window overlooking Mato’s three moons.

“Look at this place. You know as well as I, Commander, how low Mato is on energy. We’re needed here, with our people!”

“We’ll be looking for an energy source while we’re there! Listen to yourself, Yongguk,” Himchan followed him to the window, his own anger rising, “we are five elite soldiers – assassins. Do you really think we should stay here and wait around for someone else to find a source while our people die? Or go to earth and find one ourselves?”

Youngjae stood up and stretched. “He’s got a point, there.”

Himchan grabbed Yongguk’s shoulder, forcing the hothead to look at him. “I know you don’t think so, but this is an important mission. Get your head on straight, General.” He didn’t leave any room for argument and left.

Yongguk stayed by the window for a few minutes, his shoulders rising and falling in anger. The others weren’t too sure what to do – in all actuality, no one really told them anything. Yongguk met Jongup’s confused gaze and snarled, storming out of the room with a frustrated yell.

This is going to be a long trip…” Youngjae shook his head.

Daehyun sighed. “Oh yeah.”