Book 1 – Summer Story : Friendship

Three Names

 

HEY!!! I love my subscribers :D Thank you to subscribe to my story :) Thanks to comment and spare your time to read my fics, i really appreaciate it, Thankss a lot :D Anyway since my exams are DONE!!! Yeay, so this is the first update. No, it won't be a one shot, maybe a three shot or few more, since the story is kinda complicated... and to be honest, in Ms. Word this is already 16 pages... (too much for me, i think, hehehe, I'm lazy person)

Anyway... let's get into the story, shall we?


OST

 

Summer's Theme : The Night After First Breakup (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NKkbDLaFFQ)

 

 

Once in a summer, 1995

            It was a bright summer. Sun beamed gleefully, people are cheering, having fun and smiling as the long holiday was approaching. On the contrary, a little girl was sitting alone. Her eyes were swollen, her plump lips kept mumbling the same things, about a great man who just walked off from her life.

            Her family was mourning. The man, her dad, just involved in a car accident. The girl, even though her mind is just like another 6 years old girl. It was so pure, untainted, too naïve to know what is heaven.

            However, the only thing she understood was she won’t ever meet her father, anymore.

            “_____ -ah, “ her mother picked her up, carried her and patting the poor girl’s back. “Your father will be in better place than this world, “ her mother said, with quavering voice.

            “Will I see daddy ? “ the young girl, asked with her eyes b tears.

            “Yes……. “ with long pause, the mother of hers continued, “someday. “

            The young girl wasn’t so stupid. She clearly knew that it means that someday, is when she died, someday.

           

            Suddenly, a beautiful woman approached them. A young boy followed her, trailing like tail. The woman spoke to the young girl’s mother, “Please deep my condolence, I’m the new tenant beside your unit, Hae Jung, “ the woman stretched her hands, offering a handshake.

            The young girl’s mother smiled, even though her eyes radiating deep sadness. “I’m Joon Hee, “ she signaled the young girl , “this is my daughter, ___”

            “I also brought my son, “ the woman smiled back. “Joon Myunnie, “ revealing the boy behind her.

            The young girl’s ears perked up, glancing to the boy. The boy scratched his head. Usually, his demeanor wasn’t like this. He’s naturally playful, humorous and cheerful. But he understood well, that people were mourning, so it wasn’t right place to joke around.

            She’s beautiful, the young boy said in his mind. Feeling awkward, he just smiled sweetly at the poor young girl, “Call me Suho, “ he said grinning.

            The young girl furrowed her eye brows and looked away.

 

0000000000

 

            “Why do you keep following me? “ the young girl, ____ stomped her feet in annoyance. It was another summer day, a week after the meeting on her father’s funeral. The girl had braided her long hair, she wore a cute dress. The sun shone brightly on her, making her so flattering.

            “I’m not following you! “ the boy, Joon Myun insisted.

            “Then stop trailing behind me!” the girl ruffled her hair cutely.

            “I’m not trailing behind you! “ Joon Myun exclaimed.

            Losing words, the girl just stuck her tongue, leaving the boy dumb-struck.

           

            “Hey!! Wait for me! “ the boy said, chasing the girl.

            The young girl stubbornly said, “I want to play alone!!! “. She picked up her pace and eventually started to run.

            “Hey!!! Don’t run, you’ll fa… “ the sentence got cut as the thing he was going to say just happened.

            The girl, fell down flatly on the harsh ground. Her knee was badly scraped. Her face was so red, probably from hurt and the shame she felt. Tears were threatening to fall, but she bit her lips.

            “Hey little girl, are you okay? “ Joon Myun worriedly checked the girl. Her porcelain cheeks were stained by dirt and scrapes. Her eyes were glistened by tears, but none of them dropped to her cheeks. “Ya! Are you okay? “

            Suddenly, the young girl hugged him tightly. “My father always told me not to cry… “ ____ trailed off. “I want to see my dad…. My mom said that I can’t meet dad for awhile…. “

            Joon Myun softened, hearing the rambling little girl. Joon Myun, who is two years older than her could understand perfectly, that the girl was lost. She didn’t really understand that her father had died, had gone. She probably didn’t know what heaven is, what would happen to people who passed away. Yet, she only could feel the agony of losing someone.

            “I want to meet dad…. “ she whimpered.

            Joon Myun softly patted her back. “Then…  I’ll be your dearest friend, so don’t be afraid...” suddenly he pulled away and smiling. “Your sad tears doesn’t suit your ugly face! “ he teased.

            “YAAAA!!! “ the young girl stood up , forgetting her bruised knee. She stuck her tongue.

            “Little girl, after crying now smiling like a fool~~ “ Joon Myun , grinning and dancing like a fool.

 

            The orange summer sky just smiled at the two kids, that afternoon was the beginning of their summer story.

FLASHBACK End.

0000000000

 

10 years later, 5th  June 2005

           

Appa, are you doing well?, I ask in my mind. Tears start to fall, one by one.

          “Hey little girl… wake up, “ someone whispers softly in my ears.  “_____ -ah, wake up, it’s just a dream, “. I’m having the same dream. My dad’s funeral, that dreadful day  when I was six. Frightened, I wake up with sweat and tears rolled down my skin. I turn my head to the person. Suho. My guardian, my dad, my brother, my mother. He’s the only thing I have as my mother  just passed away four years ago.

            “Suho oppa, give me 5 seconds more, kay? “. My vision gets blurry as the tears roll down my cheeks. I must be really messy and ugly right now, using the sleeve of pajama, I erase those tears.

            “Are you tiring yourself again? I’ve told you that my family will support your necessities, you don’t have to work at the 24 hours market anymore, “

“It’s going to be 7th June… two days again…” tears start to choke me, making my heart hastening at the vivid memory. “My father’s passed away… “ 

            Suho oppa  softens at me. “Hey, little girl,  you always have me, right? “ he stops those tears with his thumb. He smiles at me. Right oppa, smile for me, because your smile can make my day. “Your parents won’t be pleased if they see their only beautiful daughter so vulnerable like this,”

            “Oppa, since when you are becoming so cheesy like this? “ I try to smile. It’s hard, appa. But I’m trying, here.

            “Little girl, get ready for school, “ he ruffles my hair. He smiles sweetly, “I’ve made breakfast for you, “

            “Oppa! “ I playfully hit his arm, “ how many time I told you to not to bother yourself with my meal, “

            He cheekily grins at me, “I insist, “ he gets up from my bed then  goes downstairs, “Hurry wash up and come downstairs,” he shouts.

            “Ne, “ my smile gets wider as I sees his back. Suho oppa, what would I do if you aren’t here?

 

0000000

            I walk hand-in-hand with Suho oppa to the high school. To be honest, I’ve been admiring him for these past years. He’s indeed my savior, my guide. He has been going through the ups and downs of my life, he’s my sun. Sometimes, people think us as a couple. I wouldn’t mind, though.

            “_____-ah, do you hear what I said? “ Suho oppa turns his eyes to me.

            “What? Sorry, my mind wandered off awhile, “ I laugh sheepishly.

            “I want to tell you, that yesterday Ms. Jin asked me to tell you that you’ll be a guide for the Chinese exchange student, “

            “Hmm.. arasso, I can do it, “ I smile.

            “That’s my little girl! “ he smiles and tightening his hold on my hand. I blush instantly at the  sight.

            Is this love? Or just admiration?

000000

 

            As Suho oppa told me earlier, Ms. Jin walks inside my classroom, trailing behind her is a really tall boy.

            “ Kid, this is our exchange student from China,” Ms. Jin motions to the boy to introduce himself.

            “Hello, I’m Kris, “ he introduces himself. “My family used to be in Canada, but moved three years ago  to China. I hope you can take care of me, “ he says in accented Korean. Despite of his cold aura, his face is really handsome.

            Ms. Jin then calls my name, “____ -ah, “

            I stand up from my seat, raising my hand. “Ne, sonsaengnim, “

            “Suho has told you to guide Kris, right?”

            “Ne, sonsaengnim. “ She then tells Kris to sit beside me.

 

            He is indeed so tall. His eyebrows are so defined, his nose is pointy, and overall he has that ‘God’ look. No wonder why the girls are clawing, clashing and burning holes over me, in their mind.

            As Ms. Jin starts to continue the last week’s lesson, I snap back to the harsh world of reality.

            She starts to talk about love, our lesson last week. Love? She’s a literature teacher, that’s why she really like to talk about sentimental things.

 

            “Class, last week we are talking about Love, right? “ Ms. Jin explains cheerfully. My male classmates start to cheer, some girls just simply smile shyly and  some just turns crimson red. Me? I’m just plain blank. I steal glance to Kris, he just staring with those serious eyes, focusing on the literature subject.

            Love… it feels like my young heart is a baby when it comes to this subject. I even hasn’t fallen in love with anyone… yet. Crushes are just crush, they are just some hopeless fond of someone. At least it’s what I think. I have no boyfriend and hasn’t planned to get one. Who needs those boys, when I only need one person to stay by my side. Suho oppa, my sunshine, my greatest summer ever.

            Ms. Jin then continues, “I know you guys are really expert on this matter, “ she says, shyly.   “Ah…. When I was so young like you guys I also have a lot of love story, you know? “ she says like a young girl. The class starts to get noisy as the cheers getting louder. She coughs up,  “anyway…. Since last week we already have discussion over this love thingy… “  she  silences awhile, the continuing, “You all will have a one month project partner about… LOVE! “

            My classmates’ eyes popping from their socket, and groaned. Kyung shik, the lazy in my class shouts, “Sonsaengnim~ We don’t need a project about love… we just need experience it, HAHAHA! “ The whole class starts to laugh .

            Ms. Jin averts her glance to me, “____ -ah, since you are Kris’ assigned guide, you’ll be partnered with him, okay? “.

            This project will be longer than I’ve expected.

 

00000000

 

            “Kris ssi, what do you want to see first? “ I ask the tall guy beside me.

            “Whatever. I’d like to see anything. “ he answers shortly, still with that expression. Silence fills back the air.

            This is so awkward, I think. He is so quiet and cold, while basically I’m just another wallflower girl. If only Suho  oppa is here, maybe that best friend of me will melt this cold wall.

            “How if we go touring the classes? Actually, we have around 18 classrooms here, six classrooms for each grade. We have a basketball court and big field used to have ceremonies. And we have a garden in our backyard.” I try to melt the situation. “Or… do you like books? I can show you the library… “ I scratch my head, “Only if you want me to, “

            Kris looks interested in the mention of library, “Yes, please.”

            We walk and walk with that heavy air around us. There it is, my eyes catch the glimpse of my guardian. “Suho oppa! “ I shout. The black haired boy stops walking, turning his head at me and smiling.

            “____ -ah, “ Suho jogs up to me and Kris. “I see you making other  friend here, “ he ruffles my hair. He has been really worried of me for hasn’t been making friends beside him.

            He friendly offers a handshake to Kris. Kris smiles, taking the offer, “I’m Kris from China, “. Who would believe that Kris is actually smiling right now. Maybe, it’s just me who so quiet, so he couldn’t smile at me.

            “I’m Suho, ____ -ah’s best friend. My little girl doesn’t bother you, right? “ Suho asks Kris, jokingly.

            “No, Suho-ssi, “ Kris purses his lips to ‘smile’. No, maybe it’s not a smile, because it’s just slightly bending your lips.

            “ I guess, I’ll see you alone, later, ____ -ah, “ with that mesmerizing smile, he leaves me, alone with Kris.

            Silence comes back as soon as the only sunshine goes away. We walk again, reaching the library. Maybe, both of us are drowned in thoughts and hearts.

            Kris coughs up, taking all of my attention to him.  He stares back to me with those beautiful orbs. For a second, I really think I’m starting to like him. “Suho… is just your best friend, right? “, he scratch his back hair, looking flustered.

            What’s with the question, I choke out with air as that simple sentence spilling from his mouth. “Y-yes, “ feeling awkward, I just answered with slight pink tint in my cheeks. “Why, Kris-ssi? “

            “Nothing.” He smiles a bit.

            “O-okay,” I continue, “ this is the library I talked about, “ I point at the big door in front of us, “Our school has a wide collection of books,”

            “Mm. “ he just answers shortly, already absorbed to the beautiful view of our school’s library.

            “Kris-ssi, what kind of book do you like? “ I ask him, still guiding  his way through the library.

            “Is there any self improvement book?”

            Interesting, I always thought no one ever like something like self  improvement book but me. “You like that kind of book, too. C’mon, I’ll show you which section it is!”. Slow but sure, my heart starts to melt down to Kris.

           

 

            Meanwhile, little did you know, Kris is staring at you for the whole time. Maybe, he thinks, in this harsh world, love is still remained a bit for me.

000000

 

            As usual, Suho oppa always fetches with me at school’s gate. He always stands there patiently, waiting for me so we can go home together. Sometimes, I wonder, how a precious person like him hasn’t gone for a date with girl even once.

            “Oppa! “ I hurriedly walk up to him.

            There, my guardian waiting, smiles beautifully at me. Sometimes, I wonder, does his life really that easy? Does his heart even have been scratched  before?

            “Did you wait so long?” i ask, afraid that he might be waiting for me so long.

            “No, little girl,” he ruffles my hair and smiles at me lovingly. “You know, I’ll always wait for you,”

            Will he be like that even when we grow old?, I always ask myself in insecurity. We both have been growing together forever, going everywhere and anytime, practically, we are just autumn and summer. You can’t have summer when you don’t have autumn.

            “Ya, little girl, what are you thinking? “ Suho oppa asks.

            “Nothing.” I smile at him. “Nothing oppa.”

            Yeah… we’ll never grow apart, because we’re bestfriend.

 

0000000

 

            A man, around his 30s in white coat approaches a younger boy.

            “You know, you shouldn’t  tire or stress yourself. Why are you so stubborn? Didn’t I tell you that you have to be admitted to this hospital quickly?”

            The younger boy, who just looks to the window view turns his back, directing his deep gaze to the man. “I know, but  there’s something I want to do for the last time to her, doctor. “

            “She? Okay… promise me that you’ll come to this hospital quickly! Your disease isn’t a plaything, it’s really serious and one wrong or late treatment will pay your life! “

            The younger boy sighs, staring back to empty view of afternoon sky.

0000000000

 

           

            I wake up by myself since Suho oppa said last night that he has a club meeting, so he has to go earlier to school. This is strange, I think. Suho oppa has never been leaving me first, even though the meeting is so urgent.

            Fixing myself and having breakfast, I walk off to school. Do I grow some attachments to Suho oppa? It feels so weird to walk alone, without my sun beside me. He always holds my hand, we talk and after arrived to school, he always pats my head gently like a father.

            This will do me no good. I know, I can’t be selfish to have Suho oppa all to myself. Someday, there will be a pretty girl who takes my spot at Suho oppa’s heart, and to think that I’ll gradually be losing my own best friend to time is just another painful fact.

            And I know too, someday, there will be a man filling the remained spot in my heart, because my dearest friend can’t be replaced by anyone.

            As birds chirping, guiding my path to school, another thoughts fill my head. Is this love? Is this admiration? And what is Suho oppa to me?

            To be honest, this immature heart is so scrambled up in the world of feelings.

            Then, my train of thoughts are stopped, as someone tugs my bag. I know him. Yeah, it’s Kris.

            For the past weeks, Suho oppa has been really weird. He has been avoiding me, with saying that he’s busy with club activities. And the another change it’s that I grow closer to Kris.

            “____ -ah, “ that soft voice fills my eardrum once again, as my guardian approaches me with that beautiful girl. I know her. She’s that beautiful sunbae form oppa’s class, Shin Yeo Kyung. She smiles beautifully, like a goddess.

            “Oh, oppa, I thought you have a club meeting today? “ I ask him, eyeing suspiciously.

            “Actually… I want you to meet Yeo Kyung.. “ he pauses for a moment. No, it can’t be, “My girlfriend.”

            There. My heart still seems not ready to know that my thoughts this morning have been coming true. “C-chukae,” I answer, trying to sound cheerful, rather than resentful.

            I can sense that Kris is being forgotten here, all of a sudden, he breaks the shock by saying , “Suho-ssi, _____ and I have to work on a project, may i?”

            Suho, who feels the awkward air, just answers , “Y-yes.. you can.”

 

0000000000

 

            Tears stream down my cheeks. Is this admiration? Is this love?

            “Do you like him? “ Kris, who hugs me all the time asking me.

            “Kris, tell me, is this love or admiration? “ I desperately searching for some comfort in his brown orbs. “My mind is so messed up, I can’t think clearly. “ I pour my feeling to the tall boy. “Maybe… this isn’t love, but the fear of losing someone I love. I grow up with him… my father died at my young days, leaving me all alone with my mother. Then he comes, taking the guardian role of my father to me. And my feeling started to mess….”

            My words get stopped as I feel something wet and soft touches my lips. Does Kris… kiss me?

            He breaks it, staring deeply to my  eyes, piercing deeply to my soul. “If you love someone… you will feel those sparks flying around you, world get in slow motion and you only see that person, “ he replies calmly.

            There. For a second, his deep stare makes me feel those sparks. Is this love?

            He suddenly hugs me tightly, refusing me to let go. And I don’t know why, my hands travel too is back and kindly hug him back. Can love grow this fast?

            “The only thing you have to think is me, because I love you, I don’t want you to get hurt of confusion,” he comes back to his boring self.

            I don’t know what is this, but  I like this. I smile to myself, bravely teasing him, “You just confessed to me, Mr. Wu? “

            He turns his head to me, with those red blushes in his cheeks. “N-no.”

            “Do you want me to accept it, or not, Mr. Wu? “

            “Up to you!” he rolls his eyes and start to walk to our classes.

            “Ya! Wait for me! I’m kidding! “ I laugh at his childish acts. Maybe, this is love. At first sight.

 

0000000000

 

            The young boy, turned his back with watery eyes. He just watched the most painful sight in his life, watching his dearest girl bestfriend was kissed by a boy.

            He laughed dryly to himself, “Shouldn’t I be happy?” the tears poured sown his milky white skin. “I’m going to be gone forever soon… she shouldn’t be so sad when I’m gone.. she already find my replacement in her heart,”

            Suho wiped his tears, wearing back that fake smile that could lie a person.

 

000000

           

            For the past days after my first kiss with Kris, we’ve been stuck together. Me and Suho practically drifts further away from each other.

            Although I really love to stand by Kris’ side, it can’t be lied, I miss him.

            My dearest bestfriend, where are you? I miss your shining smile that always soothes my pain and wound from this harsh world, Suho oppa.

 

0000000

 

            Today is another day without Suho oppa by my side. But today his classmate came to me and ask me about Suho whereabouts.

            Where is him? His friends told me that he has been absent for three days.

            Why did auntie not tell me? Is he sick? At that thought I tightly hold my backpack straps and run to Suho oppa’s house. I knock at the door several times, creating loud annoying noises.

            “Yes, wait a minute!! “ someone from inside the house answered my knocks. That someone opens the door…. And she’s neither auntie nor Suho oppa.

            “ Sorry… where is auntie? “ I ask, trying to sound not too demanding.

            “Auntie? Ooh… Suho’s mother? Are you Suho’s friend?” the woman asks.

            “Yes, I’m ______. Suho’s best friend, sorry to ask, but I’d like to meet Suho oppa, “

            “Oh, you are that ____....” she trails off, looking at me, contemplating something in her mind.

            “Can I know where is Suho oppa?”

            “ Actually…. “ the woman looks so hesitant, “ I shouldn’t tell you this… Suho ssi had ordered me not to tell you that he’s been hospitalized… “

            My mind went blank, as the woman keeps saying something like ‘disease’ , ‘dying’, ‘his dearest friend’ and ‘Choong Nam Hospital’.

 

000000000000

 

            I hail the cab frantically, not really care as the people around me staring at me like I’m some random maniacs. My breath is hitched, my tears can’t stop,  my hearts is hastened.

            Suho oppa, why do you have to leave me? Why do you keep your disease secret?

000000

 

            There. My dearest best friend, lying on the bed, still with the breath-taking smile. He looks so weak, so vulnerable, as if I shall be the guardian right now.

            “____-ah… “ he tries to say, my name is so hard to come out from his mouth.

            “You babo, “ I cry. “Why didn’t you tell me earlier? We can go through this together! “

            “I… don’t want to be a burden for you,”

            “No! You’ll never be a burden for me!”

            He silences. Tears wet down his tired face.

 

            “Because… you are my friend, “ finally, I’ve said those words.

            “Friend? “ he asked, disbelief obviously heard from his tone. “I love you… ever since we are still a kid. Even right now,” he sadly looks to my eyes.

            No. No, this couldn’t be happening, “ We are friend forever, Suho oppa… “ I gasp, trying to hold back the reality as it all seems like a soap drama.

            “No… I’ve never been  seeing you as a friend, because I  see you as my little girl, “ he  confesses with tears streaming down. Suddenly, the heart monitor starts to beep, signaling his heartbeat is decreasing.

            “NURSE!!! DOCTOR!!!! “ I yell at my top lungs, afraid losing him.

            “No… “ he hushes me, pained and weary expression remained still on his pale face. “Listen to me… I’ll be okay, “

            “NO, OPPA!! I’m going to lose you, I’m not going to be okay!!! NURSE!!! “

            “ ___ -ah, listen to me… “ he desperately calms me down, “I… “

            “NURSE!!!! “ I yell, not caring about his words. No. It’s not going to be his last words. We will grow up together,..

            “Love… “ he continues again, as the beep starts to quicken, telling that his last beat of life will come any time, “You, ____, my dear… friend. “

            I stop yelling, those doctors and nurse arrive, and everything turns pitch black, as the familiar melody of Suho oppa’s lullaby and his memories start to roll back in my mind.

 

000000000

 

PROLOGUE

 

Suho’s side of Story

 

10 years later, once in a night.

            It has been 10 years for me to know ____ -ah. She’s  my autumn, healing the pain and scar off my weary heart.

            Ever since a kid, I always admire her strength and beauty. How can someone be so beautiful yet so strong like her. Despite of having lots of lost in her life, she was always cheerful.

            I know, in her eyes, I’m just a guardian, a father figure for her. But for me,  I’ve always seen her as a woman. A woman whom I love and cherish with all of my heart.

            As the time grows, my selfishness over my little girl grows. Why God wasn’t so fair to me?

            Why God just give me short life span to cherish someone as precious as her?

            Without knowing, tears already well up in my eyes. A man shouldn’t cry. With strong determination not to cry, I close my eyes and smile, maybe, in dreamland or in heaven, I could be together with ____, my dearest little girl.

            Even though it’s just my blur hope, those hopeless dreams.

           


Please tell me what do you think of this chap. ... hehehe Since i write it in tired state (Yeah, my dance practice is killing me slowly), so please tell me what you think so i could improve my mistakes, hehehe XD

Bye- Yum

 

CONTINUED TO : Kris - Winter Story (Coming Soon)