Chapter 9: Envy

A Time for Us

 


                “What happened? Are you ok?” Jonghyun asked Taeyeon.

 

                “I… I don’t know… I… Now I know what really happened. Tiffany planned something bad to happen to me. And now, because of my anger, I got into trouble, and I know this is a big mess, because Tiffany’s a really cruel enemy. Eotteoke?” Taeyeon was still crying while she was being hugged by Jonghyun.

 

                “Don’t worry. I know you won’t fail on this. You’ve always been bullied by that girl. Now is the time to change. You should renew yourself. You must stand up for yourself and be smart, so you won’t be intimidated by Tiffany anymore. Himnae~yo!” Jonghyun encouraged her.

 

                “Are you sure I should do this?” Taeyeon asked.

 

                “Yes. I’m always at your back. I’ll help you all throughout. You seem that you need to rest now. Kaja… I’ll bring you home.” Jonghyun said.

 

                “Araseo. Kamsahamnida…”

 

 

MEANWHILE…

 

                “Hyung, are you ok?” Eunhyuk interrogated.

 

                “Are you ok, Leeteuk~hyung?” Donghae asked.

 

                “Y-yes… Definitely yes!” Leeteuk pretended.

 

                “Why are you blushing, hyung?” Siwon asked.

 

                “No I’m not… Why?” Leeteuk defended.

 

                “Don’t pretend about this anymore. It’s really obvious. You like Taeyeon~ssi, don’t you?” Siwon asked.

 

                “Mworago? Ofcourse not! How’d you say so?” Leeteuk exclaimed.

 

                “Come on hyung. I’ve always caught you staring at her, defending her, and you even didn’t want anything bad to happen to her.” Siwon accused.

 

                “Yes, I agree. This is unusual. You didn’t treat other girls like this.” Eunhyuk supported Siwon’s statement.

 

                “This is not a usual thing that you do hyung. You don’t have a treatment like this to other girls.” Donghae, as usual, repeated what Hyuk said.

 

                “Uh..… araseo. I admit it. I just feel something about this girl. But I’m not sure about this yet. Actually, I also don’t want to accept the fact that my heart beats faster when I see her, and the thing I saw earlier, when she was with Jonghyun~ssi, I’m not sure, but I was like…jealous.. Eotteoke?” Leeteuk made clear.

 

                “Whoohooo! Our hyung has grown up! He’s in love! ”Siwon joked.

 

                “Kkkk… I’ll drink to that!” Eunhyuk cheered and drank a glass of vodka.

 

                “Cheers!” Donghae said.

 

                “But.. Now, I think she’s still mad about what happened. What should I do?” ---Leeteuk.

 

                “Don’t worry. She’ll be ok. Now that she knows the truth, I guess her grudges to you will be lessened.” ---Eunhuk.

 

                “Yeah. She will forget her grudges to you since she now knows the truth.” ---Donghae.

 

                “And, what you did, that was brave of you. It’s not easy for guys to do that apologic confrontation to a girl. Who knows, maybe she’ll thank you for what you did, because you kept her safe, instead of doing Tiffany’s wicked plan.

 

                “Is that so? Well I hope that she’ll just be ok” Leeteuk said softly. “Aissh!!” He suddenly said aloud.

 

                “Wae?” His friends asked.

 

                “She forgot this!” Leeteuk panicked.

 

 

ON THE MEANTIME AT JONGHYUN’S CAR, IN FRONT OF TAEYEON’S HOUSE

 

                Taeyeon was sleeping. Her eyes must have been tired from crying because of what happened. Jonghyun just stared at her face.

 

                “She’s gorgeous.” He thought. He didn’t realize that his face was getting nearer and nearer to Taeyeon’s face. Suddenly, her eyes opened. They were both shocked.

 

                “Jonghyun~ssi?!” Taeyeon asked. Actually, Taeyeon liked what she saw as she woke up, since she really has a hidden desire for Jonghyun.

 

                “Ahhh… I was about to wake you up. We’re here.” ---Jonghyun.

 

                “Jinjja? So fast!”--- Taeyeon

 

                “Kkkk… You didn’t just realize since you’re sleeping all along. Oh, by the way, did you get your watch already?” ---Jonghyun.

 

                “OMO!!! I didn’t! Ahhh… Eotteoke? I came there just for that, and now, I didn’t even claimed it back. Oh…” Taeyeon said sadly.

 

                “Want me to come back there for it?” Jonghyun offered.

 

                “No. Don’t.. You’ve been done a lot of things for me now. I guess you’re also tired. Don’t worry about it. I’ll just try getting it from him; maybe I’ll meet him at the school. Want to stay for dinner?” ---Taeyeon.

 

                “I would want to stay here first, if it’s ok.” Jonghyun shyly said.

 

                “Yayy!! That would be great! Come on inside! I think my mom prepared another kind of pasta today!” ---Taeyeon

 

                “Whoa! Good timing! My favorite’s on the menu! Kkkk..”

 

__________**____<~0~>____**___________

 

AT SCHOOL, AFTER THE DISMISSAL

 

 

                Leeteuk saw Taeyeon; she was still in a gorgeous look.

 

                “Geeez.. She really knows how to dress perfectly now.. And it fits her. She’s hot.” Leeteuk thought. “Annyeong haseyo, Taeyeon~ssi.” He greeted her.

 

                Taeyeon didn’t reply. She just continued walking and passed by him. Leeteuk stared at her. His eyes followed where Taeyeon was going. Finally, he found a car on the school gate. Also, there was a guy, waiting for Taeyeon. It was Jonghyun.

 

                Leeteuk couldn’t accept it. He ran towards Taeyeon, since he doesn’t want them to be together. “I don’t care if I get embarrassed. I don’t care if I lose my popularity just because I’m following this girl like crazy. But I’ll do anything, just to make Taeyeon love me, and for her not to choose Jonghyun.” He thought.

 

                He ran fast. When he reached Taeyeon, she was already with Jonghyun. But still, he grabbed her arm, pulling her far from Jonghyun.

 

                “Wae?!” Taeyeon asked alarmed.

 

                “Where are you going?” Leeteuk asked?

               

                “Why do you ask?” Jonghyun asked back.

 

                “Just curious…” Leeteuk said softly. He was acting so weird.

 

                “What’s wrong with you? We’re going on a date.” Taeyeon explained.

               

                “Yes, that’s it. So please, get your hands off my GIRLFRIEND.” Jonghyun commanded Leeteuk.