Superficial Smoothie

Kiss Cafe

Prompt 78: Superficial of Write Like the Wind

Jessica sat at her table, waiting to pick up her smoothie. She let out a loud sigh. It had been a long day at work. Even though now Krystal was safe, there was still something nagging in the back of her mind. 

Maybe it was that she never expected to be sympathetic to her workplace. It had been almost a month since she had revealed the corrupt practices of the business. Many people, including her boss and one of her interviewers, had been arrested. She was going to resign when the CEO of the company who owned the subsidiary she worked at begged her to stay on to help with the reformation.

It didn't help that the CEO was the father of her rival at school, Jung Yunho, the predicted heir of Jung Fortune Corporation.

Dang it Jessica, why did you have to involve him in your life...

"Number 408!"

Jessica stood up and got her smoothie. She sipped. Mmm, strawberry, just the way she liked it.

As she walked outside, she felt the sunlight caress her face. Immediately, deja vu came to her. She shook her head. No, her ex would not occupy her thoughts right now-

"Jessica!"

She turned to see Yunho running down the street. He stopped in front of her, breathing heavily.

"Aren't you supposed to be working?"

"I...could...say...the same," he panted.

She raised an eyebrow. "It's my lunch break, sunbae. But if I remember correctly, you have a meeting in fifteen minutes," she said as he caught his breath.

"The meeting got canceled. Which gives me enough time to confront you."

"Confront me? I think you already did when I gave that presentation revealing the corruption you had no idea about in your own company."

"A different confrontation." He caught her eyes with his strong gaze. "Why do you always pretend that you're superficial when you're around other people?"

"What?"

"Face it, Jessica. You're a complicated person. Heck, it took me 8 months to figure out that you know more than you let on, let alone that you were actually three people than just one person. Even though you pretend to be cruel, you're not a completely heartless person. Why do you do this to yourself?"

"Maybe I like living life the hard way."

"Even so, why do you insist living it alone?"

"I don't. I have Tiffany."

"Besides Tiffany. Also isn't she going back to LA for a while?"

Annoyance flashed in Jessica's eyes. "How do you know that?"

Yunho stepped closer. "You're not the only one who hides under a mask and manages to know everything that's going on," he said softly.

Jessica took a step back. "And that makes you more approachable?" She retorted.

"Dear lord," Yunho muttered before he took Jessica's arm and tugged her to him.

She crashed against his chest. "What are you doing?" she hissed.

He smiled. "I'm letting you go deeper than you let yourself be." He then devoured her lips.

Panic first bubbled through Jessica. No, I can't...

Jessica, you have to let go.

Slowly , her body relaxed as Yunho showed her that there wasn't only pain deep inside of her. There was longing, and grief.

But most importantly, there was the ability to open up.

[A/N] Hi guys, long time no see! Urgh, yeah, sorry about that... I think I'm going to pick this series up again if I can. Depends if I continue being this miserable and depending on writing prompts to distract me :3

If you want to know the background story behind this oneshot, check out my ongoing fic:The Demon Wears Glasses. I know the oneshot didn't really clarify anything (OTL) but at least you get the taste of the tension between the characters, right? I'm trying to write a fanfic that's as complicated as K-drama and just as satisfying...you guys should let me know if I'm getting it right :3

Anyway, any comments on pairings I should write about next? Maybe? (oh crap still need to write a sequel gah what am I doing in my life)

See y'all next time!