Garage Sale.

'Unmovable' Feelings

     - Young Jaejoong’s POV -

“Why didn’t you bring the car?” my mom asked my dad. “I thought I told you that I got the car fixed today, and a walk to home wouldn’t hurt, it’s a good exercise for us three!” my dad replied cheerfully. He smiled at me and I smiled back. Even though tired from the amusement park, my mom flashed her smile at me too. Dad calls it ‘the-thing-that-made-me-fall-in-love-with-her’ thing. Someday, I want to find a girl that looks like my mom. Even though I’m only 10 years old now, I really think of it: the girl I’m going to meet in the near future. I know it’s surprising but whenever my dad tells me how she fell in love with mom, I can’t help think about it.

“A garage sale, honey!” my dad almost yelled because of excitement. I don’t know why, but whenever we passed by a garage sale, my dad is always happy. Maybe because of the lower prices they offer huh? And whenever my dad is happy with the garage sale, my mom just smiles. They’ve been like that since I’m a small little child, not that I’m saying I’m not a child now but hey, I’m 10 years old okay. I got used to it: buying second hand stuffs from garage sales. Both of my parents held each of my hand and the three of us went to the garage sale.

As my parents are busy looking around (they’re still holding my hands), my eyes landed on a life-size doll. She’s beautiful, I must say. She’s wearing a very feminine pink dress with a darker shade of pink ribbon laced around her waist. Her black hair is curled softly that compliments her black eyes that stood out because of her light complexion. Her lips are painted with a light shade of pink. And she looks a lot like my mom.

I tugged at my dad’s sleeves, “Dad, can we buy that doll?” I pointed at the doll standing a few distance before us. My dad beamed and I can also see a light smile from my mom. “You really want that? Okay, daddy’s gonna get it for you,” he pinched my cheeks while my mom ruffled my hair. He went to the owner of the sale and asked if that doll is for sale. The owner nodded and stated the price that only-my-dad-can-hear. My daddy brought out some paper bills then gave it to the owner. They went to where we are waiting, with the owner bringing the doll to me, “She’s all yours now, kid. Take care of her,” he winked and smiled. A cheerful ‘thank you’ was all that I can answer. Dad and mom also showed their gratitude by bowing slightly and with that we continued our walk towards home. The life-size doll is now in between me and my mom.

 

During the whole walk, I just held the doll’s hand.