Chapter One

All is Fair in Love and War

 

Rays of sunshine interrupted everyone's slumber as another new day commemorated the start of another few hours spent in 'school'. The idea of 'school' in Earth was definitely not the same as the one in the galaxy of EXO. There were an endless amount of training sessions and historical lessons forced upon everyone of royalty, especially the girl who was rubbing her eyes awake at this moment. With her back laid out on the cloudlike bed, she stretched out her limbs to the sky and outwards.  Outside, flowers bloomed to open their petals for the sun while birds began to sing their unique songs. Upon opening her eyes, the first thing the captivating woman was her reflection.

The small apartment she called home was nothing compared to the glasslike, gorgeous palace she had lived in on her home planet. Amatorius. She had spent about 60 years of her life living effortlessly with an endless amount of staff waiting on her hand and foot and surrounded by the strongest warriors. Whenever she looked back at her time there, all she could see was the damages of the two year war in Earth's time. How many nights she had spent frightened for the lives of her family and of her friends. How many times she had burst into tears upon realization that others were dying as she was safe behind guarded walls.

If she hadn't been friends with the Princes of the other planets, who knew what would have happened to her or them. They all viewed the war as a childish choice, especially since it had affected their relationships so drastically. Each member of the royal family was once so close, like a gigantic family, until some infidelities and accusations came about. It destroyed the perfect environment. The children had all grown up knowing each other; and even as their parents told them that they could no longer see the others, they went around the rules and broke them.

It must have been such a shock for them when it was declared that the Princess of Amatorius had gone missing.

After yawning lightly and with tears forming in her eyes, the girl sat up and stretched her arms one final time. She reached over her bed for the brush on her vanity, as she lightly ran in it through her beautiful dark waves. Everything about her was so captivating and amazing; the simple traits of her people. Her dark red eyes came across as fake in Earth, so whenever her peers asked her if they were real, she'd tell them no. They had reeled in so many people's attention with just a glance, had everything else about her not done so beforehand. All of her features were engineered to capture everyone's heart without struggle—and it definitely did.

A few knocks were heard from the door, before a man poked his head in with a grin. "It's almost time for school, Princess. You must eat breakfast!"

"I'll be right there," she turned to flash him a small smile.

The man was one of her most trusted teachers, and someone who had seen her grow from such a fragile person to the strong individual she was today. Without their help, she would not have been able to run away at the caliber she did. There were only two people in the entire universe who knew of her location, and he was one of them. The other was someone who loved her dearly, and realized that her escape was needed.

She rustled herself up while fitting into her uniform before tying her hair in a loose and thick braid that hung over the right side. Her advisor had created a very fulfilling smoothie to fulfill her grumbling appetite before fixing up his tie. He barely looked anywhere near 30 years of age on Earth, and was more like he had just gotten out of school himself. In reality though, he was about 10,000 years old in EXO years; translating to approximately 2,000 years old in Earth years. The Princess was only close to her 90th year, and was far behind him in terms of aging. That's the one thing that was really different about the people of the EXO galaxy; they aged at a weird yet unique way.

Lucky for the two of them, they were able to pass off as each other's cousin on Earth. He took a job as a teacher wherever she went, just to watch over her and ensure that there was no danger amounting to the Princess. Their striking dark eyes had sold their relationship to other, even though hers were reddish while his was almost black. The red eyes were a trait of the royal family of Amatorius.

"Ready for another day at school?"

"School here is such a joke, Elijah; it's really nothing to what you taught me back home," the Princess grabbed her cooled thermos that held her freshly made yogurt smoothie.

"At least you're having fun out here. I'm teaching a bunch of kids who would much rather spend their lives somewhere else. It's really boring from my end," he tightened his tie just a bit before opening the door for her.

"I don't even pay attention in class, and still am number one in class," she laughed lightly.

"That's because the entire class is too busy staring at you test rather than doing their own, Mia," he joined her sweet giggling.

Together, the two drove all the way to the most prestigious school around, that was gated from society and guarded by the government itself. Only those with power or money or even a mixture of both could attend. They had gotten chances for enrolling in their program and even having the chance of teaching class there because of Elijah's enticing personality. One look and just a moment of talking to the officials, no one could deny either of them access to the school. The Princess' test scores were enough to land her a full scale scholarship, so Elijah's pay check was put towards their living expenses.

The moment they stepped out of their luxurious car together, all eyes were locked on the alien duo. If only any of their peers had known of their real origins, then maybe they'd be treated differently. Or worse. Much worse.

Elijah locked his car before stuffing his hand in his pocket while clinging onto his briefcase. "Remind me why you go to school again."

"Because earthlings are such interesting creatures," Mai replied with a large smile, "and no one is forcing you to even go to school with me, Elijah!"

"Humans are trivial creatures, and observing them is something you would do as an ambassador for the galaxies, not as a Princess of a powerful planet," he reminded her sternly.

"You're starting to sound like a real royal advisor as opposed to a human teacher," she slyly grinned at him. "You could have been my sibling or something like that, you know. Telling humans that you're near thirty years old is such a lie; your appearance itself just destroys it."

"Lucky for me they didn't question our fake documents and they never will. By the way, I'd hate to have to pretend to be your brother as opposed to your young looking cousin slash teacher. It's not right for someone like me to fake such a relationship with your royal highness."

"Oh shush Elijah; I'm not royalty here and you don't have to be so formal with me."

"Just because we aren't home doesn't mean your title isn't real. Since you are correct in a way, I'm Mr. E here, remember?"

"Alright then," she sleekly winked at him as they entered the main high school building of the academy. "See you later, Mr. E!"

"See you in class, Miss Mai."

Mai walked down the aisle with a sort of grace about her that couldn't be denied. Her entire aura was breathtaking, where everyone in the room would know her presences was known the moment she stepped foot into it. She fixed her slipping bag while approaching her locker, unlocking it in a quick manner. An envelope slipped out, probably another secret admirer of hers, to which she just stuffed into her binder to read for later. Switching out her notebooks, the Princess just grabbed her necessary items before locking the metal casing.

"Are you heading off to the assembly right now, Mai?" asked a male classmate.

She looked up, a bit caught off guard by the randomness of his approach, before a small smile formed across her face. "There's an assembly?"

"Yeah, I heard a couple of girls talk about it; there's apparently a new flood of students enrolling."

"Really?" she questioned him in return. That should have raised some flags in her mind, but she wasn't aware or paranoid as she used to be; and so she overlooked the fact. "How... interesting."

"Would you like to head over there together? Unless you don't want to. Then I completely understand—" How he managed to say all of that in one breath just showed his nervousness.

"Actually, I'd like that," Mai placed her notebooks into her shoulder bag before already walking towards the auditorium. She noticed that her classmate wasn't following behind her, or moving at all, for his face was frozen from her acceptance. He must not have anticipated her answer. "Taemin? Come on Taemin!"

He shook his head, letting go of his trance before the realization of her actions hit him hard. The baby faced boy couldn't hold back his happiness as he replied, "Right! I'm coming!"

Together, the two of them strolled amoungst students who were already heading off into the large sound proofed and cool building themselves. They were being glared at student of both genders who were envious of Taemin and of Mai. The girls wanted to be Mai and be with Taemin, while the boys wanted to be with Mai and be Taemin. Their dynamic was different, but Mai enjoyed being with Taemin. He was a very dedicated dancer, especially since he could move like the wind. His skills were always showcased in every festival and talent show with ease, winning prizes both locally and nationally. It was something she admired about him: his driving passion for music itself.

"So... do you have any clue what you're going to do for college yet?" he asked her.

"College..." she sighed before realizing that she hadn't really thought about that step yet. Lucky for her, their academy extended through college, so she didn't have to transfer anywhere and create more lies. "Actually, no. I'm just going to find something I love and do that; I guess."

"Well, I'm sure you'll be able to do anything you want."

"Says the guy who can create words with his body so effortlessly," she laughed under her breath as they entered the noisy auditorium.

He pushed aside other student so they could have a seat in the middle of the auditorium. The seats were cushioned and clean, making sitting in them the most comfortable thing in the world. "My parents would probably kill me if I attempted to major in anything that wasn't academically driven, especially dance."

"Mine would too..." The Princess whispered under her breath.

"At least you have other options, Miss Number One. I don't. My grades are mediocre and my aspirations on things other than music are nonexistent."

"Then push on to be a dance major," Mai turned to look at him as the lights dimmed, signaling the beginning of the assembly itself. "You don't want to do something you hate for the rest of your life, do you?"

"You're right," he flashed a kind smile at her before focusing in on the stage ahead, Taemin managed to whisper, "as always", before the assembly began.

A large spotlight shined right in the middle of the grand stage, where red curtains covered the background as a podium stood right where the head director did also. His white hair symbolized his growing wisdom while he supported his weight on his cane. He lightly touched the mouth of the microphone before clearing his throat and simply stating, "Good morning students. Today is another bright day for us here at the academy. We are adding new students to our population, which we know doesn't happen very frequently. Please open your arms and hearts for them!"

He stepped to the side, revealing the long line of new students behind him. Each were wearing the uniform as if they were models, adding their own personal touch to the clean cut of their outfits. But what had caught Mai off guard was just how familiar they had all looked. She felt the tension rise on the teachers' end of the auditorium for Elijah was feeling the same way she was. As the two of them processed what was going on, there was a rise of cheers and applause all across the room.

The Princess took a big gulp, feeling as though her insides were just lit on fire and she couldn't scream the pain out, before uttering a simple phrase. "Holy ."

In front of her were the twelve Princes of her galaxy: standing with all of their glory and perfection. All with the same objective and thought process; if the others were here, that meant she had to be. And they had to bring her back. They had to

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First chapter! Tell me what you guys thought, alright?! :D More of an introduction, glad to know there is already someo of you who want to read it hehehehe~ I'm reaaaally excited to showcase my plan for this story as the boys' debut is drawing near. Don't forget to comment below, lovelies! <3