Meet Leery, the Partner in Crime

EXO and Their Problems by Louisa Wu (INFINITE HIATUS)

 

I really have no idea how I got here. My brother’s been debuted for like 2 months and things have been crazy. I’ve missed so much school because from the last time I visited I’d been back in Vancouver like twice, for periods of 5 days. I’m graduating grade 9 anyway; I’m Asian, I’ve got good grades. It’s summer vacation soon. Who cares.

Still. How I was still in Korea I didn’t know. But here I was, making friends (or enemies) like any regular teenager who’s brother is a world famous pretty-boy gay as heck pop star.

I think I’ve made more enemies than friends because I refuse to speak Korean. I also don’t like speaking Mandarin because I’m Cantonese and speaking Mandarin too often makes me irritable. I sometimes speak in English too. Like just yesterday I had a conversation in English with this one trainee person called Bae Joon.

“Yo wassup.” He said to me. I stared at him.

“Hey, bro.” He looked back at me, confused, and then sorta giggled.

“Yah… uh… you Kris sister.” I stared at him again.

“No sherlock.” My face didn’t change. His wavered a bit.

“Um… you talk… Korean?”

“Nope, sorry dude.” I closed my eyes and gave him the snob shoulder. He practically ran away crying.

I snorted at the memory. Noob.

 

Today I was walking randomly around the company building, like I usually do, making funny faces at the fangirls whose noses were pressed up against the windows. I also flashed them once so they ran away to clear a path for Zizi to get in.

Zizi is Kris’s best friend (his full name is Huang Zi Tao). He’s not five meters tall like my brother but he’s close (I’d peg him around four) and he’s super friendly. We got along instantly, much to my bro’s annoyance. 

Zizi will be the best brother I’ll ever have. I grinned triumphantly at the wall I was now standing in front of. I already sent a video to my mom with pics of the guy so she would know what her future son-in-law will look like. The second I saw him and my brother walking together I just knew. If they don’t get married and have happy gay love children, I’ll roll like a buffalo.

Kris however is blatantly annoyed by this idea as he keeps insisting that he will not be getting married to Zi Tao. However both Zizi and I are aware that this is a complete and utter lie. In fact, Zizi gave me a new patent leather Panda coin purse to celebrate our sibling-hood. He says he made Kris buy one for him but he also made him buy two so I could have one.

Every time I mention how gullible my bro is, he grumbles, crosses his arms and pouts, making an excuse about how it’s not his fault and it’s Zi Tao’s. It would appear he’s right because one time I tried this whole “Bbuing Bbuing” thing on him but he made a face and asked me what the hell I was doing. Le sigh. Zizi has these magical powers over my brother — luckily he shares the benefits of those powers with me sometimes.

As I was walking down the hall, to see if I can spot some other people moving their hips and grabbing their crotch in attempted dance, I came across a good friend of mine.

She moved from East Vancouver to become a trainee a year ago. She has quite a reputation… the reason we’re friends is because she and I share one, simple interest in life — annoying the out of my brother.

She’s also Chinese-Canadian which makes my life much easier. I mean I love these Koreans but damn they drive me nuts some times.

I walked up to her and kicked her in the as she typed quickly away at a computer. “Yo Leery.”

“Yo Lou.” She said back to me, staring intently at her screen. Minecraft. Greeeeaaat.

“You’re doing that stuff again?” I peered over her shoulder.

“Ssh… this is my off-hour. I’m going back to training later.” Leery says as she slams her fingers into the keyboard. “Dammit, I blew up another village.”

She pouts, looking back at me in mock anger and sighing like a little girl. For an evil mastermind she’s pretty damn cute. What do you call it again, that Korean term? Ay-gree-oh? Oreo? Yeah, she’s pretty good at Oreo.

“Your Oreo is great, Leery.” She looked back at me, unimpressed. And we had an impromptu staring contest.

“Let’s do something to Kris.” She said, grinning like a psycho.

I grinned like a psycho too. “Okay!”

Amber Liu, who was on the chair beside us, looked at us high-fiving each other. “You guys are weird.” She said matter-of-fact, stuffing a potato chip in .

“We know.” I grabbed Leery and we ran to get whatever we would need to screw up my brother’s mental health more than it already was.

Amber went “argh” behind us. “That bastard Kris! Sending me more chain mail. Hey Lou Wu!” I turned around.

“Waddup.”

“Make sure you get him good!” I gave her the thumbs up.



 

I had no idea I'd be updating this, but I did.

So yeah. Meet Leery... hehe. She's based off of this friend of mine who insists I put her in the story. Also I added Taoris in there for comical reasons. Nothing serious. Just a little bit o' fun on Louisa's part.

Wonder what they'll do to Kris? Hehehehe