Dark Blood

Dark Blood

One week, three days. That's how long this pursuit has been prolonging. Every day, around two in the afternoon, she invaded my territory. It was driving me crazy. I needed to know who exactly she was and what she wanted with me.

Her speed and intellect surpassed mine. I have never had the chance to fight her in combat. The girl would always end up outrunning me, or playing me into running straight into a tree, or setting me into a trap she had set up ahead of time.

I was prepared today. This will be the day to end these games. I have grown tired of this already, and now it was only frustrating me.

I caught a glimpse of black about ten feet south of me. I hid behind a looming tree before she could get a chance to notice me. I peered over at my assailant, noticing that she just kept walking in my general direction, glancing around wearily. That's when I noticed something strange about her. She looked to be of Japanese heritage and she carried around a katana with her today.

I swiftly pulled out my wushu sword without making any noise. She didn't notice anything even though she was only two feet away from me now. I steadied my sword and fixated myself into an offense position.

I would not kill the girl. It is not in my nature to kill a woman. Although she was the one trying to murder me.

Apparently she noticed my whereabouts, now that she was only around half a foot from me. This time the girl didn't run. She stood her ground, directly infront of me. Unshielding her katana, she pointed the tip of the sword at my chest. My grip tightened around the hilt of my sword.

"Who are you?" I called out. She didn't respond, instead she just kept staring at me with impassive eyes.

It was infuriating. I attempted to move but she ended up slashing me with her sword. I look down at my torn black tank top. I had an incision on my chest, right above my heart. Small beads of blood started to rise from it.

A growl errupted from my throat.

"What do you want from me?" I yelled at her. It was a simple answer.

"I want you dead."