First day

No Love

Whoz That Girl

(insert embedded Whoz That Girl video)

Yes, I will let you go
I'll pray I'll pray
That you'll last longer with her

I'll wait and see how great of a girl you met
Whoz that girl tell me whoz that girl
How pretty she is that you left me
Who u u u u u whoz that girl

Don't easily speak of me to others
Don't even say how I was
Just talk about the stupid girl who is by you now
I will ignore everything

 

You slammed your laptop shut and packed it into your bag as you glanced at the clock briefly. You got up earlier than usual this morning since you couldn’t sleep, probably because it was the start of a new school year – the day you have always hated.

You plugged your earpiece into your ear as you got out of your house. It’s still early and there wasn’t a single student from your school in sight. Hope today will be as well as my morning, you thought as you sub-consciously mouthed along to your new ear-candy – Whoz That Girl by EXID.

You strolled into the school leisurely and walked up to your classroom, which was located on the 3rd floor. The classroom was empty, just like what you have expected. You moved towards the last seat next to the window and placed your bag to the seat next to you.

You decided to take a nap, since there’s still 45 minutes till the start of lesson.

The loud shouts from the rest of the students woke you up, just in time as the teacher walked in. The students shuffled to their respective seats and the class quietened down.

You quickly scanned across the classroom, looking for familiar faces that you feared to see. Seeing none, you heaved a sigh of relief.

“I’m Miss Yoon, Yoon Mirae. And I will be your Math teacher for this year,” she introduced herself as she wrote her name on the board.

“In 10 minutes’ time, we will have a test. I need to know your understanding of the topics taught in the previous years.” Miss Yoon checked the time on her watch against the one hung on the wall. “You have 10 minutes to either revise or pray, starting from now.”

You sighed. The strictest teacher, indeed.

 

Finally, it was lunch time. Finally, you thought. You were looking forward to lunch, not because you had friends to meet, nor was it because you were hungry, you just felt relieved being dismissed from the 2-hour Math class.

You swiftly pack your bag and got out of the class to avoid the rush hour, when all the students would start piling into the corridors.

You walked towards the school garden, where everyone rarely visits and approached the big oak tree. It’s your secret hangout place, though not very secretive since it’s visible to everyone and everyone knew about it. You sat under the tree and did your math homework.

Before you knew it, the bell rang, indicating the end of lunch hour. You reluctantly peeled yourself off the comfortable spot and walked towards the main building, where your next class was.

The corridor was filled with student. Most were rushing off to their next venue, while some were still talking among themselves, totally regardless of their class.

You walked towards the direction of the staircase. You kept your head straight, but you still could see gazes falling onto you. You ignored them.

As you slowly approached the staircase, couple of voices rang your ears. Familiar voices, too familiar. You knew clearly to whom they belong to. It became louder and louder. Soon, the owners appeared.

It was your friends, friends who you no longer talk to, friends who you locked out of your life, friends who still care.

You and your friends stared at each other, before Minjung gave you a weak smile while the others continued looking at you with their expression straight. You slightly bowed and walked off, up the stairs and to your classroom.

 

Soon, it was the end of school. You packed your bag swiftly to avoid the rush hour.

The moment you stepped into your apartment, you threw your bag on the sofa and scrambled around the apartment to prepare for work.

Despite your parents’ disapproval, you rented an apartment near your school and moved in. You rarely visit them and they would send you money on a monthly basis, but you never once used it. Instead, you saved them up and work to pay for your school fees, bills and for your allowance.

No one knew you had a job at the boutique, mainly because the mall is located at one of the darkest street in the neighborhood. The mall would be cleared out of people once the clock struck 5, because that’s when the gangsters and hooligans start roaming around.

You had been working there for a long time, ever since you got fired from your first job because someone complained you weren’t friendly enough when you were attending to them, and surprisingly, on the contrary to all the rumors about the people on the streets, you managed t-

“Minshik ah!”

You stopped in your track and turned your head to the voice.

“Oh, Jiyong oppa,” you bowed slightly and smiled.

You managed to make some friends and yes, that friend we were talking about is Kwon Jiyong, also known as G-Dragon to some.

Flashback

It was your second day of work at the boutique and to be honest, closing the store all by yourself on the second day, you didn’t know to treat it as a blessing or a way your boss used to torture you.

You had so many things that you weren’t sure of but your boss didn’t bother to explain it to you before changing into one of the most expensive cocktail dress in store and rush off to her party.

When you left the store, it was already nearing twelve midnight. All the stores were closed and no one was in sight; there wasn’t even any security guard.

You were skipping songs on your iPod, trying to fight the chilly wind with your very thin clothing and short shorts when suddenly, a pair of hands hugged you from behind. You tried to struggle but the anonymous was too strong. He huskily mumbled something then violently pulled you into a dark alley and pushed you onto the bags of trash lying by the walls.

You tried screaming at first, but as if your voice had escaped due to fear, nothing came out from your throat. The stranger pinned you down with his hands on your wrist and you tried to kick him as he was leaning towards, trying to kiss you with his mouth reeked of alcohol.

“You ing stink, !” you screamed.

Instead of getting help, that was the only thing you made out when you found your voice.

Very smart indeed, Minshik, very smart. You mentally cursed.

You were already crying, almost giving up. The stranger violently your lips with kisses; your neck was marked with hickeys. It was disgusting, you were disgusted with yourself.

Suddenly, the stranger was yanked away from you. Tears and the white light from the lamp post nearby blinded your vision. You flinched as he picked you up gently and sobbed into his shirt. The thought of dirtying his shirt had never came into your mind, you just let your tears flowed free. You felt safe, for the first time in a very long time.

The stranger brought you to the park nearby and sat you on one of the bench.

“Are you okay?” he lifted your head to face him and tapped his handkerchief on your busted lips gently.

You were spacing out with nothing on your mind and didn’t reply him. He sighed.

“Thank you,” you suddenly said, still spaced out.

The corner of his lips curved into a warm smile.

End of flashback