Unforgettable Memories,

Unforgettable Memories

 

"Mr Lee, I'm sorry. We tried our best to save him."

Those heart-piercing words repeated in his mind like an audio system gone wrong while he dropped his never ending tears. Looking out through the window, reminding himself of all the sweet memories.

Flashback One,

Lee Donghae was reporting to his new school. Girls pointed at him, some even squealing how dashing and cute he was, even though he was just walking, looking for his classroom. He was glad no girls would jump at him and invite him for a date or something, well, that did happen in his previous school. He walked through the hallways, looking left and right around his unfamiliar surroundings. While searching, he knocked onto a guy with half-spiky dark coloured hair. He looked at Donghae and gave an apologetic smile.

"Oh my goodness, he's so... cute!"

"Uh, sorry, I have to rush for class. Oh wait. Are you new here?" Donghae gave a nod and a slight smile.

"I was trying to look for my class," he replied.

"I'll help you, which class is it?" Donghae was about to stammer but he just grabbed the schedule on Donghae's hand. "Oh, its 2A. WAIT, 2A?! We're from the same class!"

"Awwh, he's cute. But... I'm a man, yeah, I'm a man..."

The bell rang after a few seconds. "Ah, lets go now!" With that being said, he pulled Donghae's hand to Class 2A. That guy left a big mark on Donghae - his pretty boy looks.

The teacher inside was already giving instructions to the students. He knocked the door and gave a cheeky smile. "Sorry Miss Kim, I'm late. I brought a transfer student here though."

"Oh, yes, you're Lee... Lee Donghae? Pleased to meet you, I'm Class 2A's form teacher, Miss Kim. Come in and I'll introduce you to the class."

Miss Kim pulled Donghae. "Hyukjae, back to your seat, please."

As Hyukjae jumped into his seat, Donghae walked towards the front of the class as he did his self-introduction. Everyone clapped and gave him a warm welcome.

"I'll arrange your seating, uh..." She screened the class. There was only one empty seat and it was beside Hyukjae. "Since there's only a seat left, sit beside Hyukjae," pointing at Hyukjae. "Hyukjae, familiarize Donghae to the school."

Donghae walked to Hyukjae with a cheerful smile and looked around the classroom. There were many girls who were looking at him with dreamy eyes. He looked away, trying to avoid their gazes. As he took his seat, Hyukjae put out his hand for a shake. "Hello, I'm Lee Hyukjae, you can call me Eunhyuk. I'm a precious jewel and... I'm not straight." he lowered his voice at "not straight" and looked up and down Donghae. Donghae gave a shocking and disgusted look and Eunhyuk laughed. "Just joking, you're cute."

"LEE HYUKJAE! I'm sure you can leave the rest of your introduction to the end of lessons!" Miss Kim barked fiercely.

"Sorry, Miss Kim."

End of flashback one,

 

Flashback two,

It was evening when Eunhyuk had brought Donghae around whole the school, introducing the different classrooms. By then, Donghae slowly had feelings for Eunhyuk. Without wanting to confess his feelings for now, Donghae is already relieved that both of them were already best friends and had already built an amazing friendship within a day.

"Prince Donghae, do I have the honour of sending you home?" Eunhyuk asked playfully, extending his arm. Donghae laughed and gave Eunhyuk a slight slap on his arm.

"AHH! LEE DONGHAEEEEEEEEE!"

End of flashback two,

 

Flashback three,

It had already been two weeks since both of them met. Although they hold a strong friendship, Donghae can't keep his feelings to himself anymore. It was already a daily routine for Eunhyuk to send Donghae home since Donghae's house is just a short walk away from Eunhyuk's house and the school. As they walked, they reached Donghae's house, Donghae was about to say goodbye and enter his apartment but Eunhyuk suddenly pulled him back. Their eyes fell on each other as they slowly...

After a few seconds, Eunhyuk's phone rang and they jumped in horror. Eunhyuk quickly dug for his phone and was about to pick it up when it went off. He slowly turned his head to Donghae and they both flushed bright pink. "I'm sorry. I can't hold it anymore..." He stammered.

End of flashback three,

 

Flashback four,

Three weeks after both of them met, they went to Donghae's house right after school. No one noticed they were not straight yet and they decided to have fun, like playing some games at Donghae's house. Eunhyuk sat on Donghae's neatly packed bed and waited for Donghae inside while looking around. Donghae was obviously a neat freak. Everything was arranged properly on shelves, or in cupboards and drawers. He had a guitar too. Soon, Donghae walked into the room with two cups of cold drinks and passed him one of them. Eunhyuk took a sip and asked, "What drink is this? The taste is really special." Donghae slowly said, "Its a drink that would make you die in 5 seconds!" and gave an evil look. Eunhyuk coughed and tried to get it out of his throat. Donghae laughed at Eunhyuk. "I won't poison you, baby! Its just a cocktail I made."

End of flashback four,

 

Donghae gave a forced smile at the thought of each memory. However, another thing came into his mind.

 

Flashback five,

Donghae had a female cousin, Mi Eun from overseas that came back to Korea to visit for a week. Eunhyuk didn't mind that since he belived that Donghae was truthful to him. When Eunhyuk went out alone one day to get , he saw Donghae and Mi Eun hugging and having Donghae's arm on Mi Eun's shoulder that made Eunhyuk mistake that Donghae was betraying him. By right, Donghae and Mi Eun were so close to each other since young that they are easily mistaken as a couple. Eunhyuk followed both of them and from the back, he saw that Donghae and Mi Eun's heads were close to each other, like they were kissing. (A/N: They didn't kiss, it was just an illusion that Eunhyuk saw). Mi Eun walked into a shop while Donghae waited outside. Eunhyuk immediately ran across the road and grabbed Donghae by the shoulder.

"LEE DONGHAE! HOW DARE YOU! Why... Why... WHY DID YOU KISS HER?!"

"I DIDN'T! I DID-"

"DON'T DENY IT!"

"I REALLY-"

"IS SHE YOUR GIRLFRIEND? BUT AREN'T WE TOGETHER?!"

"NO, EUNHYUK, SHE'S MY CO-"

"I won't give you a second chance." Eunhyuk said with tears b and ran across the road. He didn't realise that a car was speeding towards him.

"EUNHYUKKKIE!"

 

Bang.

 

He laid on the floor, motionless. Donghae, with his fast reaction, ran immediately to Eunhyuk. Supporting Eunhyuk's neck, Donghae could feel the blood flowing out from his head. Eunhyuk had became really weak and only stammered Donghae's name.

A few seconds later, he, Lee Hyukjae, was taken away.

Donghae cried the most ever in his life, never being able to explain this misunderstanding that took a life away.

End of flashback 5,

It is impossible for Donghae to erase these bittersweet unforgettable memories that he shared with his only love of his life, Lee Hyukjae.

---------------------------------------------------------

Yay! One-shot done & posted! Please do comment and let me know how you feel! :D

xoxo, Caramel .