A Beautiful Thought

Silence That Speaks

"Oppa, sign this", "Khun, on in five, "Hyung, what do we do"; that's what my world is made of.

I was rushing through the studio, hoping I wouldn't make the group late. That's when I slammed into a women in the hall,

"Mianhe, sorry" I repeated, shuffling the papers on the floor back together into a sloppy pile.

We made eye contact as she stood up. She had no idea who I was, or was just saying nothing about it. All I got was a slight nod as she strode slowly away.

"You're welcome?" I bent down to get a stray sheet that hadn't made the stack, "Hey, you left th-"

She was gone already, not a trace to be found.

That evening, I didn't go to sleep but to one of the practice rooms. I placed the one sheet of music on the piano, and began to play. I became mesmerized by the gentle lilt of the tune, feeling like I should be laying in a hammock. I wonder if she had written this. It wasn't until midnight that I finally gave in and left the piano.

The next day we returned to the studio, for day two of recording. I hoped I could give back the music to it's rightful owner. Peering into the other rooms, and down the halls, I came up doubtful seeing not a hint of her. She didn't have a forgetful face either, I couldn't figure it out but I think it's the eyes. As usual, I was the slowest and therefore last to leave. That's when I heard the tune I had been plunking out the night before, but it sounded a hundred times better.

I ducked down a few hallways quietly, listening intently for the source of music. It got clearer and louder as I got closer. Eventually I found the room, seeing her petite figure sitting at at the piano weaving her musical masterpiece. For a few moments I stood outside the door enjoying it. Just as I was getting ready for the next rolling chord, the music suddenly stopped.

I don't get why she stopped, I knew the piece wasn't over. The women carefully pushed in the bench, and began to leave. Too bad I was still in my musical heaven and was blocking her way. Her eyes widened when she figured out I had been there and heard her playing. Having no where else to really go, she shuffled back into the room.

"Wait" I stuck my foot between the door and wall, "Is this yours?"

Gingerly she took the page from my outstretched hand. Looking at it top to bottom, she completely ignored me and put it with the rest of her music.

"Did you write this?" I asked

She nodded a yes, obviously concentrated on playing the piece now that she had the missing page

"I really like it" I lamely added, not sure where to even start a conversation with this girl

Still; nothing. Not even a smile.

I peered over her shoulder, inspecting the rest of the composition.

I pointed to the second page, "You sing too?"

Slowly shaking her head in diagreement, she stopped for a second to erase out a note and scribble in a new one.

Absentmindedly, I began to hum the melody. I caught her lips curving into a slight smile at the sound; success! Getting a nod of approvement, I began to actually sing the lyrics.

Hear the words, hear the song

It is much too quiet with you gone

My voice is drowning from all the worry

I'll be gone too if you don't hurry

So please; hear my words

Hear my song

The last chord resonated in the room, not to mention in my thoughts. I looked quickly at her, thinking that her smile would jump back off her face any moment but no; it was still there. I couldn't help but smile back.

"I'm Nichkhun" I introduced, She just hid her face behind a veil of hair, as if embarassed. Maybe she knew who I was afterall. I added, "And you?"

Shyly she peeked through her hair before pushing it behind her ears. I waited patiently for her reply, curious what her voice sounded like if it was anything like her piano playing abilities.

Unexpectedly, she sprung up from beside me on the bench and grabbed her music swiftly. She began to rush out the door,

"I'm sorry if I bothered you" I called, following her from behind. Man was she a fast walker.

"I just really wanted to meet you, hear your music" I continued to disclaim.

This made her slow down and face me. I was right; it was the eyes that made her stand out. Right now, the rich blue was pulling on my nerves for some reason. Why was I the nervous one, I am the Thai Prince, girls had posters with my face on their walls. That person wasn't here right now though; just the scared little Khunnie.

The old grin that she had worn was now gone. Her neutrality made me wonder even more about what she was thinking and feeling. Without a sound she took half of the sheet music, and handed it to me. Not waiting for my reaction, she left.

Junsu came jogging back in moments later, brushing past her 

"Who was that woman I saw you with? Get a number?" he asked curiously

"No"

"A name?"

"Nope"

He sighed, "You'll get better at it, and hurry up; we have to get back for rehersal"

Picking up my pace out the door, I glanced at the music, confused why she gave it to me. I suddenly felt like nervous little Khunnie again, reading the little sticky note stuck on the top sheet, 

My name's Suchin

Suchin; it means 'beautiful thought' in Thai. My god; was she ever.

What was I saying; I didn't know anything else about her. The mystery is what drew me in, and now I wanted to solve this case. I would get to know her story, I was sure she would open up.

The Thai Prince needed a Thai Princess afterall.