Breakup

A Certain Cheating Chinese Boy

 

C H A P T E R .o1 - Breakup


Ann couldn't believe he cheated on her. All these months; she had trusted him. Blood, sweat and tears, all put in for nothing.

He betrayed, he lied to her. And now, he refused to look at her.

His new girlfriend, Mihyun, her old boss, sat beside him with a cold, triumphant look. Ann sat across them, feeling ridiculously hurt. Her fists clutched tightly onto the cup in front of her. She supressed the urge to make it one of those dramatic break up scenes in dramas. But the thought was...immensely tempting.

She decided to hear his explanation first.

"Why..." She whispered angrily. "Tell me why."

Tao finally looked into her eyes. 

"I'm sorry...I really did love you," He spoke with a hard edge. Lies, filthy lies. "...But you changed."

Ann was aghast, "I changed? I changed?! You cheating bastard...you're unbelievable!"

Mihyun snickered mockingly from next to him, "Stop embarrassing yourself."

"Shut up ."

An expression of horror wiped across Ann's former co-workers' doll-like face. 

"Oppa," She whined. That fake, plastic . She was older than Tao, yet she acted like a high school girl. It disgusted Ann to her core. "Did you hear what she called me?"

"Baby, don't worry about it," Tao coaxed Mihyun sweetly. The tone he had used lovingly on her just a few months ago. Before everything changed. "You know it's not true."

In response, Mihyun pouted and clung onto his arm. Tao turned to Ann with a sharp glare.

"Don't talk to my girlfriend like that," His words stung like needles into Ann's heart. "Were you always this low? I can't believe I actually liked you."

This was it. Ann's heart - and that tiny shred of hope - shattered into pieces. Hot tears blurred her eyes.

"Crying now?" He sneered. "How badly do you want me?"

"Oppa, she's just trying to get your pity."

"I know, she's an idiot," He replied as if Ann wasn't there.

He isn't worth my tears, Ann thought to herself. But why couldn't she stop?

She didn't care if she looked like a mess, she just wanted him to know how much he had hurt her. Taking her cup, she threw the contents all over his stupid, smirking face and her ty dress. Surges of satisfaction coursed through Ann's body as she stood up, leaving the shocked pair. She walked toward the doorway - all eyes on her.

"Wait."

Her heart raced...she halted. Ann hated how his voice could do this to her, but for a second, hope flared.

Tao walked up to her, his hair dripping with ice water. His eyes were full of pity and disgust. He took something from his pocket - their couple ring - and dropped it at her feet. 

Clink, clink, clink. It wobbled a centimetre from her foot.

"Take this trash with you," He said coldly.

There was a silence in which Ann's heart truly froze. She raised a hand and slapped him hard across the face.

" you."

She ripped her couple ring off her finger and threw it at him.

"Maybe you can recycle this trash with your girlfriend," She laughed bitterly. "I don't need it."

With that said, she left the cafe, leaving behind the shocked couple.

Once the cold wind hit her face, so did reality. Tears streamed down her face unstoppably as she ran and ran through the rapidly darkening Seoul streets. She paused only to rest, gasping, against a street pillar. 

Pain...flesh ripping pain, took over her heart.

If only someone could take it away.

 


A/N :

Thank you for reading the first chapter! 
Feedback would be appreciated, and suggestions are welcomed.
P.S (Thank you to the people who subscribed!) ^ ^