ANNOUNCEMENT

HEARTS. NOTES. SCARS.

"OK kids... listen up..." SeungHyun said while signalling for all four of them to get closer - SeungHyun is C.A.S.' manager.

"I am sure all of you have been well informed of this matter as it was announced weeks ago... unless, of course, you weren't paying attention when Kim YoungMin seonsaengnim was announcing it." He continued while looking at JunHo towards the end of the speech.

"What?" JunHo asked in confusion. All the members know he has this habit of drifting off to wonderland whenever announcements are being made.

A bit of silent laughter can be heard from both HyeJin and YooRa.

"OK. The thing is EXO is going to finish their training session with f(x) tomorrow and, well..., we know what's going to happen after that." SeungHyun continued.

"So... I just want you guys to greet them warmyl, treat them as family because that's what you're going to be a few moments after and just show them what C.A.S. is made of." He added.

"Don't worry, hyung!" JaeHyun shouted.

"We'll take very good care of them." He continued.

"OK then. I'll leave you to yourselves." SeungHyun said and then went out of the room.

 

"AISH... I don't even know why we have to do this. It's not like we are any older than they are." JunHo commented.

"Well, let's not forget that we did experience this back then so think of it as just passing down the experience." YooRa stated.

"Yeah. I get that. But look at us. We're all born quite recently... 1990, 92, 94. I mean some of them are a bit older than me." JunHo said trying to make his point clear.

"Don't worry about it JunHo. We are around the same age as them. Their oldest is born in 1990 while their youngest is born in 1994 which means their aren't exactly any discrepanccies to it." Henry countered.

"That's exactly my point. We are around the same age as them so they can't really expect us to know more than they do." JunHo rebattled still trying to make his point.

"What we have is experience." HyeJin commented. As she said that, the three suddenly turned to her. It is unlikely of her to take part in such conversations as she just enjoys watching it and prefers to stay quiet. However, her members also know that once she starts saying stuff, they actually makes a lot of sense.

"We may be around the same age as they are but they haven't been out on stages and performances in front of the public eye as much as we have. That's what we are going to do differently than our sunbae's." She continued.

"Right!" JunHo just sighed.

 

A minute of silence fell in the room as they are all still overwhelmed by the fact that they have to train EXO.

 

"It seems silly doesn't it?" YooRa suddenly asked. She does have this habit of having ideas and questions from out of nowhere.

"What is?" HyeJin asked.

"They were announced to debut at around March or April of 2011 but they are still just preparing for their debut and it's already November." She continued.

All four of them just smirked.

"Well, I guess there is a different marketing strategy for each group." JaeHyun said.

 


 

The next day...

 

"UGH... That was very tiring." JaeHyun exclaimed. JunHo just sighed and fell flat to the floor.

They have just finished practicing for their very first original song "Bring The Heat". They have been practicing non-stop for this song as they are going to be promoting it soon on China and Japan. C.A.S. have beed divided into two units: CAST - which is consisted of JaeHyun and JunHo, and CAS~ - which is consisted of YooRa and HyeJin. Both JaeHyun and JunHo have contributed to the composition of this song so they are doing their best to promote it with such awesomeness.

"BOYS... take a rest and a shower as well. YooRa and HyeJin is on their way here and you're going to be discussing about... that." SeungHyun explained.

 

C.A.S. does not share the same dorm together as that would be a bit weird since they are a CoEd group. JaeHyun and JunHo's dorm is closer to the SM building while YooRa and HyeJin's dorm is a bit farther.

 

"EESH..." JaeHyun sighed.

"Aren't the two of them working on a song as well?" JunHo asked.

"Yeah. HyeJin's been writing some stuff and she's asking me to do a layout of it." JaeHyun answered.

"Layout?" JunHo asked while lifting his head off the floor.

"Oh. She can't really play the instrument's that much but she has an excellent song-writing capacity from the lyrics all the way to the beats. She tells me the kind of tone and rhythm she wants and I figure out the corresponding note." JaeHyun answered.

JunHo wasn't that good on playing the instruments as well but he writes lyrics that are absolutely amazing.

 

A few minutes passed...

 

"We're here!" HyeJin shouted as she opened the door.

"UGH. What the heck is the smell?" YooRa immediately added.

"OH." JaeHyun exclaimed as she the exhaust fan for the practice room.

"Sorry. I forgot to turn that on. It does smell doesn't it?" He stated.

Both YooRa and HyeJin just let out a smirk.

"Where's JunHo?" YooRa asked.

"He went to buy something to eat from the cafeteria. He should be back any time soon." JaeHyun answered.

The three wiated for JunHo but it seems that the line in the cafeteria is a bit too long as it has already been 10 minutes since they have arrived and he's still not back.

"So. How's BRING THE HEAT going?" HyeJin asked.

"Pretty good. Almost slid and twisted my ankle a little earlier but besides that, It's good." JaeHyun answered.

"YA!!! I know that this song means so much to you that you are giving it your all to make it as explosive as it could get but it should cross your mind that you can't make it explode if you are in no fit state..." HyeJin said. HyeJin has always been so caring that's wht she earned the nickname OUR BABY and OUR KID from Super Junior. She cares for them as if they are her fathers.

"I know." JaeHyun assured.

"So what are we supposed to do when you're in China and Japan promoting BRING THE HEAT?" YooRa asked.

"just keep on working on your new song. I'm sure it's going to be as EPIC as humanly possible. Seeing your performance all throughout this year, no one can ever question your abilities again." JaeHyun stated.

"EESSSHHH..." YooRa just sighed. She knows best what JaeHyun means. JaeHyun has always been a great leader, so great that he always sees the bright side out of every bad events there is even if it is too little. Around August YooRa had this very bad sore throat and she was sick as well but she still insisted on singing live even though the other three tried to talk her out of it. The performance was pure disaster but JaeHyun has something to say. He told YooRa that it wasn't a disaster and that people should not have judged her basing on that single performance and that she should be applauded for her sheer professionalism. YooRa didn't believe it.

 

They were still continuing their conversation when the door opened. They weren't surprised that it was JunHo but they were dumb founded at what he was carrying. The three stood still just looking at the four boxes of chicken JunHo was carrying. They love their chicken.

"I kind of ran into Lee SooMan seonsaengnim when I was going to the cafeteria, we kind of talked and I said that I was on my way to buy food and he said that lunch was on him because of how hard-working we have been... so he ordered this... the delivery man was a bit delayed but from what I could feel it is still HOT..."JunHo explained while laying out the boxes on the floor.

 

"WAAAHHHHHH..." The three of them exclaimed at the sight of the steaming hot fried chicken.

"So what are we going to do about it?" JaeHyun asked while taking a piece from one of the boxes.

"About what?" JunHo asked while biting down on his meal.

"EXO's training session." JaeHyun answered.

"Why do we even have to plan." YooRa started.

"Should we just show them C.A.S." She continued.

"I agree. It's not like Super Junior and TVXQ planned when they trained us." HyeJin stated.

"RIGHT!" JaeHyun and JunHo chorused.

 

The four of them continued to chow down on their meal. This is their first descent meal in a long time. All they have been eating in the past are ramen, eggs and that disgusting green leafy salad.

 


 

The next day again...

 

"WE'RE HERE!!" JaeHyun exclaimed upon arriving at their practice room. No one was inside the room but he had habitualized it already.

"That was the longest traffic jam I've ever been in..." JunHo stated in complete satisfaction.

"At least you were riding in the van." It was YooRa. She sounded annoyed as she walked past the door and bumped JunHo's shoulder on her way inside.

"What's with her?" JunHo asked in a low tone.

"Our van broke down and as a result, we have to take a taxi on our way here. Talk about public transport." HyeJin said as she made her way inside the room as well.

 

They have just began to settle their things inside the room when suddenly the door opened.

"HI!!!" Sulli said in her usual happy tone.

"HI!" the four chorused.

"Just came here to say hi and to wish you luck on your EXO venture as well..." Krystal said while standing on the opening of the door.

"Oh right!" JaeHyun exclaimed.

"Any tips?" He continued.

"Well, they are very great. Excellent learner's as well. They picked up NU ABO so fast. You shouldn't have a problem with them..." Sulli said.

"Wait. What? You taught them NU ABO?" YooRa asked.

"Don't worry about it. They're just gonna shrug it off I guess." Sulli answered.

"Plus. It seems that some of them have got some things for one of you two..." Krystal said while looking at YooRa and HyeJin.

"We're going to go down there now?" HyeJin asked in a sarcastic tone. She really hates it when something professional turns into something personal.

"Oh. We don't have to." Krystal said in assurance. She always knew HyeJin more than the others do.

 

From out of nowhere, SeungHyun spoke, "GUYS!"

The six of them looked towards the door and saw SeungHyun with a bunch of guys waiting.

"Oh. They're here." Sulli said.

"BYE!" The two of them waved to the four and left.

 

SeungHyun signalled to the guys to wait and went towards C.A.S.

"READY?" He asked.

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE:

This is basically the introduction. We have already seen f(x) and next chapter we're going to see EXO - finally...

indecision