Bzzzzzzzzzt

Juxtaposition

 

OMO I've taken the longest time to update this story! SORRY. I've been extremely busy with school and stuffs but here it is 

 

Chapter two :)



 

The cafe was calm and simple. Only a few people were seated scattered throughout the small room. I walked towards the table closest to the window and pulled out my phone as I sat down.  Checking the time for the nth time the screen read: 12:29. I made it just in time.

 

12:33

 

I strummed my fingers impatiently; it’s always irked me when people arrived late.

The clock on the far wall ticked away as I tried to occupy my mind. The bowl of cream cups called to me. Picking up a handful I began to construct a small pyramid out of pure boredom.  I grew tired of knocking over and rebuilding my tower and moved onto tracing words and designs into the table cloth with my butter knife.

“Miss could you please refrain from doing that” A passing by waitress asked. I dropped the knife out of embarrassment while giving the waiter an awkward laugh.

 

12:45.


“Are you ready to order or are you waiting for someone” The same waitress from before was looking at me curiously. I glanced at her and heaved a sigh.

“I’m waiting for someone,” she nodded and placed a glass of water in front of me and walked away. I didn’t miss her look of pity before she walked away. “Where is he?” I mumbled to myself as I took a sip of the cool ice water.

Bzzzzzt. Bzzzzzzt. Bzzzzzzt. Bzzz- the phone was already pressed to my ear.

“Where are you?” I quickly questioned, scrunching up my eyebrows.

“Ah, I’m going to have to cancel...” a deep frown formed on my lips, “I’m sorry babe maybe next ti-“I hung up. ‘Maybe next time?’ I’ve been hearing that line constantly ever since I arrived in Seoul. We honestly haven’t even been dating for that long either!

“Dumb boyfriend, he’s so stupid! So stupid!” I grumbled as I pushed myself out of my chair. I walked past the waitress and grumbled out a small ‘thank you for the service’ and exited to the streets.

Bzzzt Bzzzzzt. My hand clutched my phone as I stormed through the streets. My mood was quickly growing sour.

Babe, I’m sorry I’ll make it up to you I promise!  The boss just handed me more papers to work on when I was going to leave and I couldn’t refuse, I’m sorry babe! I love you don’t be mad!

I sighed; I guess it wasn’t entirely his fault. Still agitated I wrote back a small message, no need to completely ignore him.

Alright, just don’t let it happen again!

 

 

The streets of Seoul were extremely busy. I had run over to Teddy’s favourite noodle shop and picked up a small lunch for myself and him. I checked my phone for the time: 1:20

“Maybe I’ll grab a quick coffee and then head back to the studio...” I muttered to myself as I passed a coffee shop. Entering quickly I order an iced coffee to go.

 

 


“Oh my god, you didn’t just do that” I stared down at my now coffee drenched sweater and pants. I was becoming an expert in running into people these days.

“Omo, I’m so sorry!” The young man blabbed back to me and bowed.

I could feel my eyebrows knit themselves together as I stared angrily at the boy in front of me.  He caught a glimpse of my angered face and grew pale.

“Just...” I released a frustrated breath, “It’s alright just watch where you’re going next time.” I said calmly as the boy apologized and bowed furiously. He apologized again and hurriedly walked away.

“Ugh” I let out a frustrated sound and stomped my foot on the ground. I was acting like a five year old but the growing anger was getting the best of me. I stared down at my semi ruined outfit and weakly brushed away some of the lingering coffee. It didn’t look that bad, almost as if I spilled water. I let out another sigh and began to walk towards my car that was just a few feet away from me. Opening my car I placed the food and my bag on the seat beside me and quickly searched for napkins to dry me off.

I sat in the passenger seat and rested my head on the steering wheel. The past hour and a half had been a train wreck and it was tiring me out.

“Pull yourself together Mika! It’s just a little bad luck...” I said to myself as I steadied my breathing and started the car.

 

 

 

Without knocking I walked into the studio and placed down the brown paper bag. “Yah loser! I brought you your stupid food” I called out grumpily as I set down my bag on the couch. A chair behind me squeaked as it turned to face my back.

“Who are you calling a loser?” A slightly irritated deep voice replied, an extremely alluring voice... that didn’t belong to Teddy.

I slowly turned around to see the signature raised eyebrow form none other than Mr. T.O.P. He looked annoyed at my remark and lack of response.

“Omo... not you, I thought... Teddy... Uhm... sorry!” I tossed together a string of jumbled words.

His eyes had turned playful, as they lingered at my face then to rest of my attire. Curious flashed across his face as he noticed my stained outfit.  I ran my hand through my hair and fell into the couch. I covered my face in my hands in embarrassment. I could feel his questioning gaze on me.

“Ugh, sorry I’ve been having a rough day...” I said behind my hands.  I didn’t look up, but a part of me knew that he wanted me to continue.

But I didn’t.

“Omo, sorry i’m probably disturbing you from you work” I looked up, and locked eyes with him. They were piercing, yet soft if that’s even possible.

He opened his mouth as if to respond, but shut it as soon as the door opened.

“Yah, Seunghyun how’s the track doing?” Teddy walked in with Jiyong trailing behind him.

“Ah, it’s going well...” Seunghyun grinned at the two as he spun around in his chair.

At this time the two took notice to my dishevelled presence on the couch. “Yah did you bring my food loser?” Such a kind oppa I have.

I weakly pointed to the brown bag sitting on the table and watched him dig through it for his noodles.

“You’re a life saver, loser” It was the closest thing I was going to get to a thank you so I nodded in response, but due to my lack of response he started to analyze me.

“Yah, why aren’t you talking?” Teddy plopped himself beside me on the couch.

“Does it smell like coffee?” Jiyong spoke up looking around the room for any evidence of the said drink.

I let out a huge sigh, “Ah... that’s me...someone bumped into me on my way back and spilled my coffee all over my sweater”

Teddy let out a muffled snicker.

“Yah! It’s not funny!” I pouted.

“B-but it is!” Teddy laughed harder clutching his stomach, “I thought something bad actually happened, you looked so upset!” he continued to laugh beside me as Jiyong and Seunghyun chuckled along with Teddy.

“You loser!” I slapped his arm, as he continued with his small fit of laughter.

“You honestly did look really upset” the deep voice pulled me away from hitting Teddy.

“Well... I was...” I sighed out in defeat. Sure the coffee thing was minimal but the fact that my boyfriend had stood me up was still lingering in the back of my mind. I looked up to find the other two still looking at me curiously; they knew something was still bugging me.

“Yah, it was just coffee no big deal” Teddy’s laughs had toned down as he opened his noodle bowl.

“Uh, yeah you’re right” I placed my hands together and gave a reassuring smile. The feeling of two pairs of eyes disappeared; they had gone back to work.
 

 

 




“Mika... Mika... Mika... Mika!”  My eyes slowly opened to see Jiyong shaking my shoulder. I noticed the wall clock, 7:03. I fell asleep for almost 6 hours... I noticed the small knit blanket draped onto my body. When did that get there?

“Yah, your phone has been ringing for the past half hour” Teddy’s annoyed voice spoke up from across the room. “Hurry up and call them so they stop interrupting us”

I looked down to my bag and pulled out the device to notice ten missed calls.

“What the... why would someone...” I noticed the ID. Private. Who was calling me?

Bzzzzzzt. Bzzzzzzzzt. Bzzzzzzzzzzt.

I stared at the phone as if it had grown a couple legs. Who’d call me this many times only... oh.

“Aren’t you going to answer it?” Seunghyun’s voice brought me back to reality. He was staring at me along with Jiyong with curiosity, again.

The phone buzzed again, and hesitantly I answered it.

“Hello?”

“Babe!” Their heads turned, the speaker on my phone was loud and they had all heard him “I’ve been calling you forever are you still mad at me?” His voice was seemed to echo around the room as I sat there paralyzed from the collective stares.

Get out of the room before Teddy kills you Mika, now. NOW.

I stiffly rose from my seat “Excuse me for a moment” I managed to say to my curious bystanders covering the phone.

“Hello? Mika! Please talk to me! I was thinking about us having dinner at the end of the week!” his voice rambled on but it all went in one ear and out the other as I left the studio.

I sat on the couch outside the room and pulled myself together, “Ah sorry, I think the connection is bad but I can hear you now...”

“Ah, I was saying that we should have dinner on Friday. I took the day off so nothing can get in the way...”

I played with the hem of my shirt, “Good... I feel like we haven’t had any time for each other lately” I heard him sigh on the other end.

“I’m sorry; I didn’t think work would get so busy as soon as you came... We both thought that we’d see each other more now that we were in the same country...”

“Yeah... I... miss you” I was hesitating.

“I do too, don’t worry I’ll make it up to you” his voice lightened and the brooding feeling from earlier was diminishing.

Someone was walking down the hall. I glanced up momentarily and saw another Big Bang member coming closer to the studio.

“...Promise?” I said a little quieter.

“I promise, I have to go now but I’ll call you later okay?”

“Ah, alright bye”

“I love yo-” I hung up immediately and cringed at his cheesy farewell. I didn’t like that he used ‘I love you’ so lightly but oh well.

The young man had stopped to look in my direction before entering the studio.

Oh god he heard the ‘I love you’.

Rubbing my face I prepared myself to deal with the bombarding amount of question that waited for me in the studio. I hadn’t informed Teddy that I was in a relationship, honestly I was avoiding it at all costs just because... I don’t know how he’ll react. But now that it’s basically out of the bag, I have no choice but to figure out... because all my stuff is still in the studio.

“The gods are out to get me today, huh.” I walked towards the door and opened it slowly.

 


YAH hello.

Please subscribe and comment!

Comments would motivate me to write more haha :) 

-treehouse