Unprepared

Juxtaposition

 

Mika POV

I fiddled with the hem of my sweater as I was scolded. I might have been a little late for curfew, but where’s the harm in that?

“YAH! Do you know how worried I was?”  He was mad, but it wasn’t ‘you-took-his-cookies’ mad. It was far worse than that.

I came back alive, isn’t that fine? I shifted my eyes to the corner of the studio, I hated being yelled at. It made me feel small and in situations like this I just end up flustered.


“Um... I’m assuming... really worried?” I managed to spit out. I could barely look at him; I just focused on my fumbling hands.

“, Mika you came home at 3 am, smelling like a beer garden with no shoes ... you also didn’t even bother to call me to tell me you went out!” He in a breath then sighed, “Look at me,” Slowly I lifted my heavy head. Poker face Mika, Poker face. “I know you think you can take care of yourself, but you’ve only been in Seoul for 3 weeks and if something bad ever happened to you... I don’t know what I would do...” he removed his hat and hood to run his hand through his short hair. He looked at me again.

And there it was that feeling of guilt that I had hidden away moments before I walked into his studio this morning. I turned my head away from his gaze. I felt it again. A familiar sharp pang spread throughout my chest.

“...Oppa, I’m so sorry...” I croaked out, the guilt washed over me as I hesitated to look back at him. I could hear him inhale another deep breath.

“Yah... Mika, just... don’t do something reckless again arasso?” he tone had become soft. He walked over to where I was sitting and placed his large hand on my shoulder.

“This isn’t Japan, and you have family worrying about you when you disappear like that” Guilt trip, full on guilt trip.

“Got it” I mumbled back. I felt him hug me from behind, it felt foreign yet strangely comforting.

“It’s weird having an older brother around,” I blurted out; the hug was still going strong. “Don’t know if I like it” I joked.

“It’s weird having my little sister running around the streets of Seoul so carefree” he responded. “I’m contemplating putting you on house arrest” he snickered when I pinched his exposed wrist.

“Yah! I’m not little. I’m 23 for your information, Teddy!” I puffed up my cheeks in annoyance. He laughed and ruffled my hair resulting in most of it falling in front of my eyes.

“Oi! Watch it!” I pushed away the stray strands of my brown hair only to have him ruffle it back into a mess, troublesome.

Click! The sound of the door opening pulled us out of our bickering.

“Ah, hyung I came up with this awesome... beat... yesterday... who’s she?”

 A young man had walked in catching the glimpse of our mini war. His sharp eyes gazed curiously at my face. He was... how should I put it, gorgeous? His hair was mainly tucked into a brightly coloured beanie but it didn’t hide the bleached blonde locks that were hidden underneath. His attire consisted of a jogging sweater and jeans. To put it lightly he looked casually fashionable.

“Ah Jiyong, is it 12 already?” Teddy asked, getting up to greet him. The two did one of those ‘hand-shake-turns-into-man-hug’ hugs, as I sat still in my chair.

“Yeah” Jiyong responded in a mumble, we unconsciously started a staring contest.

I was losing horribly. I could feel the heat on my ears as I searched his face. It was seamless, no scratch or stubble to be found on his face. I was suddenly conscious of what I was wearing and how I looked. My oversized loose gray sweater did absolutely nothing for my figure, and I guess the black leggings showed off my slim legs but other than that I looked more homeless then fashionable. I touched the side of my cheek where I knew a small zit was covered up with makeup. A flaw, although small it was still a flaw.  

“Yah, quit staring at each other. Jiyong this is my little sister Mika. Mika this is Big Bangs Kwon Jiyong” I saw his eyebrow rise when little sister was mentioned, but the questioning look was gone in a blink. Breaking our staring contest I stood up, and proceeded to bow.

“Hello, it’s a pleasure to meet you Jiyong sshi” I gave him a small smile and politely accepted his hand, it was cold.

“Ah, you too.” he gave a half smile then turned his focus to Teddy “Ah Hyung, the beat I was talking about earlier...” the two flew into a conversation regarding the song Jiyong had mentioned.

I was strangely relieved that he didn’t carry on the conversation. I was nowhere prepared to have small talk with an idol, it had slipped my mind that I was in the YG building and it was bound to happen sometime.  Their excitement was obvious, their legs jumping, and tapping fingers were all signs of a working masterpiece. I realized that I was still standing where I had greeted Jiyong. How embarrassing. I stole a glance to see if the other two had noticed.

Bzzzzzzzt. Bzzzzzzzt. My attention was pulled to the table to see my phone alerting me. I collected my phone to see a text message waiting for me.

Lunch 12:30?

I smiled and quickly replied,

It’s a date.

I looked at the clock on the wall, 12:05. If I wanted to make it on time I’d have to leave soon. Collecting my jacket and bag I glanced back at the two replaying rhymes and rhythms back and forth. They were completely absorbed.  

“Ah, Oppa I’m leaving now” I was already opening the door to leave.

....

“Oppa...” I stared at his back as he bopped his head to the beat Jiyong was playing. I released a small sigh and walked out of the studio.  
 


 

Jiyong POV

*Clank*

I turned around at the dull noise to see the girl close the door. Teddy was still nodding to the music that loudly preoccupied our ears. I reached for the volume knob on the speakers turning it to a lower volume.

“Hyung, you know your sister left” my statement grabbed his attention.

“EH? When? Did she just leave? , I was supposed to set some ground rules with her before you came...” Teddy rubbed his face with his hands in defeat. “That girl is such a handful” I heard him trail off.

“Yah, why have you never mentioned you had a sister?” I was curious, I’ve know Teddy for so long that I thought I knew him inside and out. Obviously I don’t.

Teddy glanced at me with a raised eyebrow, “It never came up, and she’s been living in Japan for the past 3 years so it’s not like she could visit or anything. And why are you asking, you eyeing up my sister Jiyong? You better not touch her.” His eyes narrowed as tone turned defensive.

“I’m just wondering hyung, no need to get all defensive.  Sheesh... can’t a guy ask a question without being scrutinized?” I lazily retorted. I have no interest in her truthfully, as of right now this song we were working on is has more appeal to me.

“Good... Yah you better tell the rest of the guys too. Hands off my sister.” Teddy stated it with harden eyes.

“Yeah yeah, you tell them it’s not my sister.” I grinned up at Teddy and went back to mixing the song. I could see him already pulling out his cell phone and furiously texting a mass message.
 


 

Normal POV

Choi Seunghyun better known as Top, stared at his phone as he slowly walked down the corridor. He paused to read the message he had just received from Teddy:

Yah! My sister is staying in Seoul for now, so she might be dropping by the studio every now and then. NO TOUCHY.

Top stifled a laugh and continued his walk towards their usual studio. He had just come from extra dance rehearsal; he still hadn’t gotten the hang of their newest routine. He let out a huge sigh; his dancing skill was still a level lower than the rest of the members.

“Maybe I’ll go in tomorrow...” Top muttered to himself as he dug his hands into his pocket. Pulling out his cell phone again, he began to punch in an alarm to remind himself of his changed schedule. He turned the corner without looking up, completely unaware of the figure turning in his direction.

*Smack*

Top collided with the smaller body earning a small squeak from the petite figure. He snapped his head up in time to see the girl land hard on the floor.Oh crap.

“Kuso! Itai...(! It hurts)” she muttered to herself as she pulled herself into a sitting position.

She Japanese! Crap, okay Top you’ve got this! You know some Japanese just coolly ask if she alright then help her up. Yeah! Good plan. Fighting! His mind quickly processed the plan; hesitantly he looked down to see the girl rubbing the palms of her hands.

Coolly, say it coolly. “Ano... d-daijobu?” Stuttering is not cool.
 


 

Mika’s POV

“Kuso! Itai” I blurted out Japanese automatically. The fall hurt a lot more then I had anticipated.

“Ano...d-daijobu?” the deep voice above me penetrated my thoughts. I glanced up at the towering figure to see a concerned handsome face. The handsome face of Big Bangs Choi Seunghyun. Good job, you’ve collided with a celebrity.

He was rubbing the back of his neck nervously, and seemed like he was trying to figure out another way to communicate with me due to my lack of response. I bit back a laugh as his eyebrows furrowed in frustration.


“I’m f-fine” my voice came out meek, but he caught voice smiled out of relief at the sound of Korean. He politely offered his hand to get me on my feet. “Uhm... I’m really sorry for bumping into you.” I bowed deeply as I felt the heat creep up to my ears.

He lightly chuckled as I straightened up “It was half my fault, don’t worry about it” he stated coolly. He reached down to pick up my fallen bag and handed it to me. “Here” his voice vibrated throughout my ears.

“Ah thank you, and again I’m really sorry” I gave another quick bow and turned to walk down the hallway.  I rushed towards the elevator furiously pushing the down button. I was flustered. I was really not prepared to encounter with idols. Not one bit of me was mentally or physically prepared. The door opened to luckily an empty elevator. As soon as the doors closed I released a huge breath I didn’t realize I was holding.

Bzzzzzt. Bzzzzzt.

I reached into my bag to see a text message waiting for me.

 You better bring me back some food loser.

Teddy oppa. 

 

*
*
*

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter, I may or may not alter the ending depending on how the next chapter works out!

Please comment and subscribe >:D 

~treehouse