Our Regrets

Our Regrets

"Are you sure you want to leave?" Sehun asked; eyeing the girl in front of him who's showing her back to him. She kneeled to pack her bags.

 

The girl stayed silent as she packs her things. She's like pretending that she didn't hear every words that came out from Sehun's lips. She didn't even bother to turn or just even flinch at his sudden appearance. Sehun sighed deeply, "Seomi..."

No answer for his call. Never. It's been like always.

"Seomi." Sehun walked closer and bends to see the girl's face. Seomi's done with her suitcase and stares blankly. She's not looking to the man's eyes and stayed silent like nothing's in front of her. She looked lifeless.

 

--

 

"I don't care!" She screamed, earning some stares from people inside the cafe.

"Listen! It's not like that! I don't have any feelings for her!" He shouted back, ignoring the stares. Sehun lost himself today. He couldn't control himself like he usually does. He couldn't stay seated and listens to Seomi's arguments without arguing back. He had enough of problems.

"You shall not talk." She replied coldly. "I saw you. You kissed her. Do you think I'm that stupid to don't realize that she's been liking you for her entire life?!"

"What?!" Sehun exploded. "I didn't kiss her! She was blowing out dust from my--"

"Whatever!" Seomi stood up and grabs her purse. She walked out the cafe quickly.

"Seomi!" Sehun took his phone and runs after her. She's a bit far, but Sehun can catch her if he run faster. "Seomi, stop! Let me explain!"

"It's obvious!" She screamed without stopping her quick steps. "You don't have to explain anything!" She walked even faster without turning to see Sehun chasing over her.

"Plea--"

"WATCH OUT!"

 

--

 

"Won't you regret it later?" Sehun asked, following the girl to the kitchen. Her small steps echoing through the empty apartment. Seomi didn't answer and quietly making herself a glass of warm lemon tea. The weather's a bit colder than it usually be these days. She sat on one of the two high chairs and stares blankly at the cup. She seemed to lost in her thoughts and left the tea untouched. Sehun sat on the other high chair in front of her but getting ignored again. He rested his chin on his palm; staring at the girl's face and flushing red cheeks. He wanted to caress those cheeks again so badly.

 

--

 

Seomi turned at the loud bang, just to see a sight of the person she's arguing with before laying unconscious on the ground. People quickly surrounded around him but not covering the crimson liquid flooding on the road. Seomi's eyes widen as she tried to guess what just happened and if her eyes are a bit blurry so she saw a wrong person or something. Or maybe, she hoped.

But unfortunately, some people hold Sehun's body up to be brought to the nearest hospital and Seomi saw it. Her Sehun's being dragged to the hospital. He's unconscious. He's bleeding. He's...

 

--

 

Sehun sat on the couch, beside Seomi. He stared at the girl who's currently laying her eyes on the small desk few meters ahead the couch. There are few photos on the desk. Photos of them together, her family, his family, her bestfriends, his bestfriends, herself, and himself. They often share good times together sitting here, recalling memories while staring at the photos. Sometimes they decided to sit on the floor, organizing their newly printed photos to the empty albums. They laughed together seeing those silly expressions captured. They hugged and cuddled each other lovingly. They used to.

"Sehun..." Seomi said, more to whisper. Eyes still staring at the photos.

"Hm?" Sehun answered. He slides closer to his girl who seemed to ignore him. She didn't even feel the movement from Sehun and stays silent. It was like a minute silence before sobs escaped her plum lips,

"Why?"

It's just that. Just a word. But Sehun understands. He stayed silent, choosing words he'll use to answer her. They slowly drowned to their own thoughts.

 

Seomi stood up, not waiting Sehun to answer the question. It's just like she didn't hear nor see anything. The guy stood up as well to follow his girl who grabbed the suitcase and the purse she used that day. She took the apartment's key from the purse and walked to the door. Sehun didn't try to stop her. He couldn't. He's nothing to her now. He doesn't exist anymore in her life. He shouldn't be staying here and around her.

The girl opened the door, taking her last glances at her apartment. Once as theirs. Sehun stood up the hall, eyeing Seomi. He wished time would give him a chance to turn back it. Or at least, say the last goodbye to her. But she couldn't even see him.

 

"You know.." Sehun started. "I've never left you."

Seomi stared down and found a pair of shoes near the door. Sehun took a glance before sighing. It's the shoes he used that day. The day he left her. Forever.

"I will never leave you again. I will always be here." Sehun said, promising. He hoped that Seomi will once hear him and stayed. "I will always wait for you. Here."

Seomi lifted her face up to see Sehun. But Sehun knows, she's staring at the empty hall, not him.

"Goodbye." She whispered. And with that, she went out to close the door. Leaving the empty apartment behind. Leaving those painful yet beautiful memories behind. Leaving Sehun, faded in sunlight.

 

 

Our Regrets

3/30/2012