Just when can we be honest?

Forever friends?

"Thank god he didn't insist on sending us home!" Hyeri breathed out in relief. We were in a cab, on our way home. I nodded at her and sighed. "What's wrong?" she asked, concerned. I shook my head and gave her a little smile. "Tch. Kori ah. Just tell me what's wrong," she urged.

I sighed and looked at her. "Hyeri.. Do you feel bad for lying to Daehyun that we're not rich?" She thought about for awhile, and mirrored my sigh. She held my left forearm gently.

"I guess.. It's not considered lying if he didn't ask right?" she asked with a hopeful look. "Right?" she probed. I just continued looking at her and dropped my gaze.

"I don't know.. I just feel like we've been best friends with them for so long but they haven't even been to our houses once," I muttered, as I played with my fingers. She let go of my arm and started taking her iPhone out. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm just gonna text him and tell him," she said spontaneously. I gasped in shock as I snatched her phone away. Just in time, we arrived at our house. I quickly paid the taxi driver and jumped out of the cab, ignoring Hyeri's pleas.

We stood outside the huge gate once again, and she tried to get her phone back. "Kori ah! Give it back!" she whined. I held her shoulders down to stop her.

"Hyeri ah. We can't tell them yet," I told her seriously. She closed her eyes and pouted in silence. "We made a promise with our parents, remember?"

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Flashback)

"Kori ah. Make Mommy and Daddy this promise, alright?" the six-year old me smiled brightly and nodded enthusiatically. I clapped my small hands together as I waited for my parents' reply. "Kori ah, our dear daughter, you're six this year. You're a big girl now, right?" my father said as he caressed my face.

"Ne," I answered shyly.

"Daddy is earning a lot a lot of money. You know that right?" my mother said as she smiled warmly at me. I nodded and she continued, "So because Daddy is earning so much, you cannot let people know about it okay? You must not let others know that you're living in this big house."

"Why?" I asked.

"When you're older, we'll tell you," my mother whispered as she kissed my forehead.

 

A few years later~

"It's the only way we can keep you safe," Mommy said as she touched my face. "You'll be safe with Hyeri in Singapore. We promise."

"Mommy, it's 4 years. That's a long time..." I pouted in sadness.

"It'll be over before you know it. We have to keep you safe. Hyeri too. Don't worry. Once 4 years is over, we'll meet again," my mother promised as she hugged me tight. "Remember," she spoke, "never let anyone know what your real identity is. Hyeri won't tell anyone her identity, so you shouldn't too. Okay? And take care of Hyeri." I nodded in her embrace.

(end of flashback)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hyeri looked at me with sadness. "I can't keep this from Daehyun for long. He's the guy I love, Kori. He knows everything about me, but also, he knows nothing. What should I do?" I watched my best friend sigh. 

"We'll think of a way. I promise. I don't... I don't wanna keep this from Himchan too," I muttered. She looked at me and nodded slightly. "Let's go in. It's cold." I pressed the bell and spoke to the speaker, "It's us." The gate opened and we walked in.

The front door opened and we stepped in. A couple of maids came to get our coats. "Miss Kori, Miss Hyeri, have you eaten?" our butler asked. We nodded and he bowed. The servants removed our coats and took our shoes that we removed. We changed to home slippers and went up to our rooms.

"Have a good rest, Hyeri," I said. She nodded and went in sadly. "She's not gonna be okay..." I whispered to no one. Depressed, I went back to my room and took a long, warm shower.

I changed into a pair of black shorts and a white tank top, ready for bed. I was towel-drying my hair as my phone vibrated. I took my phone and saw that Himchan was calling me. A smile came over my face as I answered, "Hello?"

"Hey," he replied with his deep voice. "What are you doing?"

"Now? I'm getting ready for bed," I smiled as I said. "You?" I asked as I climbed on my bed and sat in an indian-style.

"I hurt my hand while coming home so I'm applying ointment on it. It hurts~" I could hear him pout and I laughed. "Yah! Why are you laughing?!"

"Stupid," I whispered. "How did you hurt your hand?"

"I was playing with Zelo, trying to hug him and he turned. But he ended up elbowing me... Argh. This maknae," he tsk-ed.

"Yah! Don't scold Zelo! He's my favourite!" I scolded Himchan lightly.

"I thought I was your favourite," he suddenly sounded serious.

"You're my second favourite!" I laughed to break the tension.

"I'm serious, Kori ah. I'm not your favourite in B.A.P?" he asked again, seriously. I sighed inwardly at his question.

"I.." I stammered and got stuck, not knowing how to answer. "I've gotta go. I'll.. call you soon. Bye." I hung up and felt my heart pounding against my chest. Why did he wanna know? Did he find out? Oh gosh. Kim Himchan, you're driving me nuts. 

After the useless thinking, a text came in from Himchan. 

Kori.
You like me the best right?
I'm always your favourite right?
Don't push me behind Zelo! :(

Why is he acting as if my choice is so important? It's not like it makes a difference. I quickly tapped away, replying his message.

I love you both the same.
My best friends! <3
Don't worry! Go sleep.
Goodnight! :)

~~

 

Hey everyone! Thank you for subscribing! :) OMG. I'm so thankful. :) I enjoy writing this story so much! :D Please comment more! I'll do a second update soon! :) Double updates yesterday from CyYOSEOB! Wasn't it great? Hehehehe!

There will be a little "drama" in the next chapter? hehehe!

Here's a teaser!

"Noona," Zelo called, "will you go to the dance with me?" I looked at his hopeful face and smiled.

"Of course," I nodded and he hugged me tightly, spinning me around.

"Thank you, noona! Everyone'll be so stunned that I got such a pretty date!" Zelo grinned. I ruffled his hair and laughed.

"Kori! You're going to the dance with Zelo?" Himchan yelled suddenly.

"Yeah, why?" I asked, looking at him. Zelo held my hand and stood in front of me.

"Noona's coming with me. WHY?"

"Kori ah! We're having the festival, aren't you-"

"NO. SHE'S COMING TO THE DANCE WITH ME," Zelo stuck his tongue out at Himchan and pulled me away, not giving me a chance to reply Himchan.

"Kori! KORI!!! KORI AH!!!!!!!" Himchan's endless screamings was slowly engulfed by the door that closed behind me.