Conclusion

Compelled (Sequel to Unbidden)

****

 

As the weeks passed by I tried desperately to get away from Junsu, but it was like a losing battle.  I didn't like that he was evoking feelings I rather have kept numb.  Feelings that caused my chest to feel warmth or for a coldness to encompass me whenever he was gone.  I understood that this was probably because he was the first person in a long time I let in, even if he mostly forced himself in.  I let out a chuckle, I couldn't help it, just imagining Junsu's forceful nature made me feel light hearted.

 

Aish, these darn feelings were the ones that made me fear how much Junsu means to me.  He seemed like an angel brought down to earth to lighten my load.  He'd somehow made me tell him what happened with Jaejoong and Changmin and it felt incredibly good to let it all out.  I knew that revealing what I felt was the best medicine for trying to move on, but I'd unconsciously held back... refusing to move on... until that bundle of energy by the name of Junsu made me face what I refused to face. 

 

I knew I had to call them, let them know I was alive and well, but I felt nervous facing their voices again and of what they'd tell me with my complete disappearance.  Plus, I wasn't sure I could face the feelings hearing their voices might evoke.  Sure I was doing much better than when I first met Junsu, but I still had the same fears that erected walls all around me.

 

"Yah!  Hyung!" Junsu's high pitch shout startled me out of my thoughts, causing Junsu to laugh his unique laugh when he saw me jump. 

 

"Shut up Junsu-ah." I say exasperated.  My cheeks felt warm, but I refused to believe I got embarrassed. 

 

"O-okay... hahaha... okay Hyung.  I was asking you if you'd like to go to the movies today or if I should leave you alone." He said cheerfully. 

 

Hearing the options raised an alarm within me.  This past week Junsu had been giving me the option to spend time with him or without and it disturbed me more than I'd like to admit.  It was as if he was trying to get me use to being without him now that he realized I was getting out of the shell I'd placed around myself.  I'd also noticed how the shine in his eyes had slowly turned a little more somber.  I could feel he was hiding something from me, but didn't dare ask.  If this kept up, I'll ask for sure.

 

"Hmmmm..... well, there was this one movie I wanted to see... I think you'll like it too." I said thoughtfully and am startled to see how bright his face turned at what I said. 

 

"That's great Hyung!  When does it start?" Junsu asked as he stretched.  I found myself looking at how his lethal little body bent backwards, muscles displaying through his shirt, and was brought back from my observation when he cleared his throat, face bright red.

 

I felt my face getting hot and ignored the way my heart accelerated.  "Ah, starts at around 7..." I trail off as I feel an uncomfortable atmosphere settle in.  These little incidents were becoming frequent too and I didn't know what to do to lessen them.

 

He chuckled nervously and clumsily got off the couch he'd been sitting on.  "O-oh.  Okay.  I... I have some errands to run, so I'll see you at 6:30 Hyung."  He smiled at me and left soon after.

 

I rested heavily against the single's couch I was seated in. 

 

No... this couldn't be happening to me... but... this was exactly what I'd experienced with Jaejoong. But, but it couldn't be.  Could it?  It felt the same, yet different.  Maybe...

 

I decided to stop that trail of thought right there.  It couldn't be the same, but I will definitely be paying closer attention to our interactions.

 

I felt my heart do a little leap at just the thought that maybe... but it couldn't be.  I love Kim Jaejoong.  I couldn't also... I couldn't also be falling for Kim Junsu.  It was impossible to love two people at the same time.  It just wasn't possible.

 

****

 

I tried, I really tried to not treat Junsu differently, but it seemed impossible once I realized I might have feelings for him.  I think he noticed it too.  I'd catch him looking at me with a confused expression on his face when I'd flinch before he could even touch me.  It seemed that all the numbness had faded away and that I was extremely sensitive to his touch, and his touch only; therefore, I decided to avoid it at all costs. 

 

He would frown at my reactions, but then smile as if nothing was wrong and I'd exhale in relief. 

 

How much longer will this go on?  How much longer will he let me pretend nothing is wrong?

 

****

 

I had been lying on my couch when a knock disrupted my thoughts.  I felt this nervous anticipation and tried to calm my nerves.  I'd finally decided to confront my past and go to Korea this weekend and once and for all see whether my feelings for Jaejoong were the same.  That meant that once I found that out, I'd know what my exact feelings for Junsu were... and that meant a whole world of possibilities. 

 

But first... I wanted to tell Junsu of my decision to go to Korea.  I knew that he'd know how much of a big step this was for me and that he'd support me all the way as he'd been doing so far.  If only he'd know how much he'd changed my life.

 

I practically skipped towards the door in order to open it, a smile already on my face.  "Su!  I'm glad you were able to come."  I said cheerily.  He smiled sweetly at me and nodded his head as his cheeks tinted a slightly pink.  I opened the door and allowed him in.

 

"Yunho Hyung... I-" Junsu spoke but stopped.  He sounded kind of serious and I frowned.

 

"What's wrong Su?  Are you still having problems with your family?" I asked and pulled him by the hand towards the couch, looking at him seriously since he'd been more somber lately.

 

He looked at me briefly, looking a little sad, before he looked down again.  "I-I'll tell you after you tell me your news.  So, why did you call me over Hyung?" Junsu looked up again and was once more his cheerful self.  I frowned at the change in him, but decided to ignore it for now as he had ignored my strange behavior all the other times.

 

I got excited once more, since connecting with my past again brought me more happiness than I thought possible, yet I was still weary of what I might find out.  The old pain was still there, but it didn't seem over bearing as before... somehow knowing that Junsu would be waiting for me here gave me strength to face my past. 

 

"Su, I've decided to visit my family and... and my friends this weekend.  I'm going back to Korea tomorrow!  My plane takes off in the morning!" I say excited and nervous all at once.  Junsu's whole face lightens up at my revelation and my heart speeds up more, warmth spreading throughout my body at witnessing his happiness for me.  It's amazing how much stronger my reaction to him have grown.

 

"Hyung!!!  Congratulations on confronting your past!" He said excitedly and tackled me to give me a tight hug in his excitement.

 

I freeze for a second when I felt half of his body on me and then flushed and reacted a second later, returning the hug and unconsciously inhaling his unique scent that brought me calmness and a sense of belonging...  one I thought I'd lost forever.

 

When I hear a timid, "Hyung, you're squeezing me too tight..."  I realize that I'd tighten my hold on him and release him immediately, flushing red at my actions.

 

"S-sorry Su." I stutter and clear my throat, but notice how he'd blushed too and that brings me a sense of satisfaction for some reason.

 

"I-it's okay Hyung." Junsu responds timidly and sits further back from me.  The distance he puts makes my heart squeeze a little and I realize that even though I might like him, it didn't mean he liked me the same way.  This realization makes my heart beat more painfully, but his blush gives me hope. 

 

"So what is your news?" I asked him, trying to bring back the friendly atmosphere.

 

"M-my news?  Oh, um, well, it's nothing really.  Just that I got into a fight with my twin again... and... and..." His eyes turn watery and I feel a pang in my heart when I see his sad expression.

 

"I-I'm sorry Hyung.  I have t-to go.  Have a nice trip though!  I hope you can resolve what's been troubling you and that you find the peace you have been wishing to have for so long..." He gave me a watery smile as he got up.  "I-I don't think I'll be able to see you off... a-and I just wish you all the best in life!  Please, always move forward.  Don't dwell on the past.  It just hurts you..."

 

I looked at him confused because that felt like a goodbye, but of the more permanent kind.  I was just leaving for a weekend, and he'd be here when I came back, so why was he saying goodbye this way?

 

"Jun-" I'm shocked speechless when I feel his plump lips on mine and heat radiate from our connection point.  Before I can even react he's walking fast towards the door and slams it shut before I can say anything.  

 

I feel something wet slide down my cheek and taste the salt on my lips. 

 

My eyes are dry, so the tear wasn't mine. 

 

My brain is slower to process things, but I'm already up and following Junsu's path to find an explanation to what just happened.   

 

When I'm in front of his door, I knock calmly.  When no sound is heard, I knock again and say his name.  The longer I knock, the louder I get. 

 

"Hey, you!  Quiet!  Don't you know how late it is?!!" An old man that lives across from us yells and I apologize and stop my crazy behavior. 

 

Defeated, I go back into my apartment and sit down.  I touch my lips, still feeling the warmth of his lips, and a smile draws itself on my face.

 

"He likes me..." I whisper softly to no one in particular and I feel my heart trying to burst from my chest. 

 

You'll see that you'll burst at the seams with happiness that the one you love loves you back."

 

Changmin's words come back to me and I flush red.  I don't know whether I love Junsu or whether he loves me, but if I get like this with just the thought of him liking me I can't imagine how I'd get if he'd told me he loved me.  I feel butterflies in my stomach at just that thought, but no desire to stomp them down.

 

"Stop it.  It's not like if he confessed to you or something..."  But then... what would kissing someone on the lips mean if not that?

 

I pace in my apartment, hoping the small amount of exercise would alleviate the adrenaline coursing through my veins at the moment, but it didn't seem to help.

 

Eventually, after some time, I grew tired of pacing and decided that I needed to catch at least some hours of sleep before my flight.  I'd try once more to talk to Junsu in the morning, but didn't think I'd get an answer from him so soon. 

 

Maybe after three days his embarrassment over the incident will have died down?   

 

I hoped so at least.  With that, I set my alarm and went to sleep... the happiest I've been in a long time.

 

****

 

I arrive in Korea with my nerves shot and adrenaline pumping.  I hadn't told anyone I'd be back, therefore didn't expect anyone to wait for me in the airport.  But still, I was nervous to bump into someone I wasn't prepared to see yet. 

 

On another note, just as I had expected, Junsu hadn't opened the door for me and I had to leave, so in the end I didn't insist on talking to him. 

 

So besides being nervous about confronting my past, I was also on edge about what my future held.

 

One problem at a time, Yunho, one problem at a time.

 

I inhaled deeply, feeling happy to be home, and proceeded to find a cab to take me home.

 

****

 

I pace nervously outside of my best friend's house.  When I first was informed that they moved in together, I'd felt sadness at the news, but surprisingly wasn't sad because of it.  I was sadder that I hadn't been there for them when they were experiencing these firsts in life as I had been for all their other firsts.  Not literally there of course, but just a phone call away for them to tell me what had happened.

 

I think that, in my head, I believed that since the world had stopped for me, that it would also stop for them.  Narcissistic, yes, but unavoidable I guess.  

 

I finally get the guts to knock on the door and wait on pins and needles for the door to open.  My heart races and I feel the air struggle to get into my lungs as I hear someone tell someone else that they got it.  I smile when I recognize Changmin's voice.

 

The door opens and there stands a shocked and paralyzed Changmin.  I smile brightly, happy to see my friend once more after such a long time, and surprised to find that I have no negative feelings towards him.

 

"Cat got your tongue Min?" I ask him playfully as he still stays dumbfounded holding the door open.  I laugh and try again. "What, you aren't going to invite your Hyung in?"

 

I'm surprised to find myself in one of the tightest hugs I've ever received from him, but the old familiar feelings come back and I embrace him just as tightly, realizing just how much I've missed my friends. 

 

"Hyung!  Where the HELL have you been?!  We've been worried sick and couldn't find information about you a-" Changmin stops his rants when I scold him for his bad language.

 

"Yah! You disrespectful Dongsaeng!  I leave for two years and you feel free to run your mouth?  Where is Jaejoong?  I'll scold him for letting that sharp tongue of yours run free." I finish by pushing him playfully back and ruffling his hair.  Changmin smiles at that and before he could say anything the other missing piece of the puzzle appears.

 

"Y-Y-Yunnie??!!!"  Jaejoong shouts astounded and I freeze for a second when I hear the voice that had haunted me for so long.  Min slowly moved back, a huge smile on his face, as we both turn to face Jaejoong. 

 

And there he was.  Standing in shock in the middle of the entryway with an apron on his waist and a spoon in his hand, a stain of some sauce on his cheek, mouth open in shock, eyes wide, and overall very comical. 

 

I feel the sting in my eyes at once again seeing my other dear friend after such a long time.  Two years might not be much, but it seemed a lifetime to me.  The happiness I feel in this instant, the relief to see them once more, is something that was hitting me hard.  The hell I'd lived through seemed worth it for just this one moment.   

 

"Are you going to stand there like a mannequin Joongie?" I break the silence and smile genuinely.  He yelps and I laugh as I see him drop the spoon and run towards me like a little boy who's going to get his Christmas present from Santa.  He embraced me with momentum and I try to keep my balance at his enthusiastic welcome, laughing lighthearted at remembering how things use to be before I made everything awkward with my feelings. 

 

"Yunnie!  Where have you been?!!  We've been worried about you and couldn't find out where you where and-" I couldn't help it, I laugh whole heartedly at hearing the almost exact things said in both of their unique ways.  It felt so good to come back home.

 

"Hahahaha, I'll tell you guys right now.  That's why I came to visit you.  Now, I'm hungry, so do you guys have food or not?" I ask playfully as I unclasped Jaejoong's arms from me and walk further in.  They hadn't let me past the threshold and I chuckled when I realized that. 

 

After much thought, I'd decided to do what I hadn't done years ago, which was confess the true reason for leaving.  I knew it would be hard for them to hear it, but I could now say I was fine and it'd take away from the guilt I knew they'd feel, even if they had no fault for my feelings.  I was so happy that this time away had achieved my purpose and that I could now feel comfort in their presence instead of pain.  I felt my lips curve upward at this revelation.

 

As we headed towards the kitchen, I saw how they walked ahead of me, talking animatedly and threatening that if I ever disappear like that again that they'd disown me and who knows what other things.  But what captured my attention was the way they were holding hands, how Min had gently and playfully removed the stain from Jae's cheek, and how naturally they fell into step with each other.  What really brought me peace was that I didn't feel that anger or pain that those gestures always brought to me in the past. 

 

No. 

 

All I felt was peace and happiness that their love was as strong as ever, and it made me think of whether Junsu and I could ever possibly get to that level in the future.  I smiled widely and heard Changmin's woof whistle, he was looking in my direction.

 

"What?" I asked confused.

 

Changmin's smile widened and he said, "Something definitely has you happy Hyung, and I really doubt it's us, since you're spacing off and smiling creepily.  Do I hear wedding bells ringing?  Omo!  Do you want us to be your best mans???!!!"

 

I laughed and blushed, noticing how they were both laughing with me and how light the atmosphere was.  It seemed that the two years without communication hadn't dented our friendship one bit and that we've been seeing each other as if nothing had happened. 

 

"Yah!  No, no.  I'll tell you guys later.  I want to eat first." I pout and they both laugh. 

 

I felt as if a burden had been lifted and couldn't wait to fix that other problem waiting for me in my new home, hoping that it'd go as well as this meeting went.

 

I smile at my friends and enjoy the meal.

 

****

 

I feel nervous as I stand in front of Junsu's door.  I'd tried calling his cell and received no answer.  The more I tried, the more fear gathered in the pit of my stomach. 

 

Why wasn't he answering?

 

Why did the phone say it was disconnected or out of service?

 

Even though I enjoyed my return home, with all the scolding I got from my parents for not having visited earlier and from my long lost friends for disappearing without a trace, I enjoyed it. 

 

The bittersweet moment when I revealed all was priceless and it eased the wound of my bruised heart to know that I was right about how much my friends cared for me.  If they had known sooner, I bet they would've broken up in hopes to not hurt me; sacrificed their love so that all of us could be happy, at least to some degree that is. 

 

What was that saying?  It's either all or nothing kind of deal?  I don't even know what I'm trying to say anymore.      

 

I was able to convince them that all was well now though.  I revealed to them my crush on Junsu and they cheered me on, telling me how much they wanted to meet this 'angel' fallen from heaven I'd spoken about.  And boy did they enjoy teasing me with that.  I know I'll never live it down. 

 

But back to the present.  Here I stand, in front of Junsu's door, and still can't find the  nerve to knock.

 

I inhale loudly and exhale, trying to get rid of my nerves.  Picking up my hand, I knock three times and wait for a response, all the while trying to calm my hectically beating heart.  I could feel the sweat gather on my brow as I wait second after painful second for him to open the door.  When five minutes pass I attempt to knock again, but have the same results.  I frown and look at my watch, trying to see if maybe it's exceedingly late, and gasp when I realize its 3AM. 

 

Maybe I should come back tomorrow... yeah, that's what I'll do.

 

I pick up my carry bag and open my apartment door, leaving the lights off and just dropping the bag on the floor while I make my way to my bedroom. 

 

I didn't realize how dead tired I was until now, so decide that a goodnight's sleep is the best solution to calm my nerves.

 

Before I fall into a deep sleep, I inhale deeply and feel relief that I'm back... and that tomorrow I'd see Junsu again.

 

****

 

I groggily wake up feeling refreshed and chirpy.  When I get out of bed, and as I'm stretching, I see a glint of something near the bedside table. 

 

I get closer and realize it's a key, my apartment key.

 

I frown.  It was the key I'd left with Junsu in case I locked myself out again as I did a month back.  The key was lying on top of an envelope that had my name on it... with Junsu's handwriting.

 

I feel my heart stop beating for a second and dread settles in my stomach as I pick up the envelope.  From a distance I hear as the key drops to the ground.  I sit down heavily on my bed and open the envelope in a rush, dreading what the letter said.

 

Yunho Hyung,

 

I'm so sorry Hyung.  I should've told you sooner, I know, but I just couldn't.  I know that right now you're wondering why I didn't answer your calls, if you called that is, and also why I didn't open the door for you when you came back or before you left after I... well, after I kissed you.  So this letter will tell you what I couldn't tell you face to face.  I know, it's a cowards way out, but it's the only option available to me at the moment. 

 

Hyung, I've been dreading the day I would tell you that I've completed the project sooner than anticipated.  The reason is, I really didn't want to leave without knowing that you'd be okay and because I'd miss you so much once I did leave.  So I kept delaying my family's insistence to return to South Korea.  And I was successful... until my brother discovered my secret.  I'm sorry Hyung.  I never expected to develop feelings for you, especially since it seemed impossible for you to feel the same.  But it happened and I couldn't fight it. 

 

You might wonder what my secret is... well, you see, I love you Yunho Hyung.  As in, I'm in love with you...    

 

There, I said it, even if it's only on paper.

 

And no, it's not the brotherly love you might think of immediately when seeing that.  And I love you as more than a friend too.  You don't know how many times I denied it, but in the end that was the truth.  You don't know how happy this love made me Yunho.  And I guess it was obvious to all but you... because once my brother found out he threaten to inform my parents and demanded for me to return home.  I managed to stay a week longer than my planned leave, which by coincidence was when you also planned to stay in Korea. 

 

Hyung, you don't know what my parents are capable of... they'd destroy your reputation just to get you away from me, even if you're innocent to me feeling this way.  So, I couldn't stay here anymore and risk my brother revealing my feelings for you.  I'm their golden boy you see.

 

When I found out you'd taken steps to moving on, it made me so happy Hyung.  I'm happy you've learned to live life again and that you're not the shadow of a man I met two years ago.  I'm proud to have helped you along too.  Finding out that you were reconnecting with your roots was the best leaving present you could've given me... besides letting me kiss you that is.  Thank you for that too.  I'll treasure that memory forever...

 

Hahaha, stupid tears won't let me be.  It's getting harder to write, so I'll make this quick.

 

I think it's best to cut all ties Hyung.  That way they'll never find out that I love you and you'll be safe from their grasp.  I've deactivated the number you knew and thank god you were never interested in knowing where I live or else that would have been difficult to solve.  I've also returned the spare key you'd left me to take care of.  It's really fortunate that you never noticed how I'd packed my things and was getting ready to leave.    

 

I'll treasure our time together always Yunho.  I'll try to forget my feelings for you, but don't know if I'll succeed.  I'm sorry for leaving you, but it's for the best.  I'm glad you won't be as alone as I first found you, and that you don't love me in the same way I love you, otherwise it would've been impossible to leave you.  But for that I am grateful.  You won't suffer another heartbreak this way and it's always less painful to lose a recent friend than a love. 

 

I'll miss you Hyung... and will never forget you.  And please, be happy and keep moving forward.  I don't want to see the same shell I met two years ago, got it?  That's if I ever see you again... so please, be happy.

 

With Love,

Junsu

 

P.S.  Don't I sound smarter in a letter than in real life? ^___^        

 

I stared blankly at the closing word, not able to process that this was happening.  It seemed surreal that this had gone on without my knowledge. 

 

How could I've been so blind?

 

I rushed to Junsu's apartment. 

 

This couldn't be true.  This couldn't be happening!

 

"Junsu-ah!  This isn't funny!  Come out!" I yell as I bang on his door and wiggle the knob. 

 

I couldn't believe I never asked for a key to his apartment.  I couldn't believe I was blinded to his somber looks.  That I couldn't see how he'd be sad one minute, but he'd produce a fake smile the next. 

 

No answer.  I receive no answer and a neighbor comes out to shush me, but I don't care.  I keep banging on the door in anger.  I couldn't believe I didn't notice.

 

"Yunho!  Yunho, stop this!  What's the matter with you?!" I hear the landlord calling out to me.  Someone must have called him.

 

"John!  Where's Junsu!" I ask him hurriedly. I feel warm tears on my cheeks and wipe them immediately with shaky hands.

 

"Junsu?  Junsu Kim?  He left the apartment to go back to Korea.  He left yesterday evening." He answers puzzled. 

 

My knees feel weak and buckle underneath me without my notice. 

 

"Yunho?!  Are you okay?  Should I call a doctor?" My landlord sounds panicked.

 

"No, no.  I'm alright.  Thanks." I say monotonously.  Tears slide down my face, but I make no noise and hear nothing else as I stand and walk towards my apartment door, closing it softly.

 

I couldn't believe I hadn't noticed...

 

 

 

****A year later****

 

I walk towards the place I know he visits often and feel jittery.  I couldn't believe I'd finally found him, but that didn't mean that he felt the same way he did a year ago.  I'd be happy to just stay friends though. 

 

As long as I could see him, I'd accept anything.

 

He steps in and orders his usual as I hide observing him.  My heart skips a beat when he smiles nicely to the cashier and waits for his order.  He thanks the cashier and heads out.

 

This is it Yunho.  Go for it.

 

I tell myself as I inhale deeply before following him. 

 

I see him a couple of feet in front of me and hurry to catch up. 

 

"AH!" He screeches as he loses balance and lands on the floor on all four, drink spilt.

 

In my haste, I didn't notice him stop abruptly and ran smack into his back, cursing myself inwardly but apologizing aloud.

 

"Sorry..." I say nervously.  Not exactly the smooth way I'd planned to talk to him, but something at least.  I try to help him up awkwardly.

 

"What th-" I see as he turns pale one minute and bright red the next.  It gives me hope that maybe I still have a chance.

 

"Y-Y-Yunho Hy-hyung." He stutters out in shock.  

 

I smile at him warmly in hopes to see whether he'd react and am proud to note he turns two shades of red darker.  "Junsu-ah!  I'm glad to meet you again.  How have you been?"

 

He still looks in shock, opening and closing his mouth, still speechless.

 

I hook my arm with one of his and slightly drag him towards a nearby restaurant.  "I'm so sorry to have spilt your drink.  Please have lunch with me as a consolation for your money spent?  Plus, we could catch up."

 

He stops abruptly and I am forced to stop with him.  I drink in his features and note that he seems to be a little skinnier than last year, note the dark circles under his eyes, and worry that he hasn't been taking care of himself.

 

"What's the matter Junsu-ah?  And you haven't been taking care of yourself.  You look skinnier..." I trail off as I rub his cheek with my thumb.  He blushes again and backs away.

 

"W-what are you doing here Yunho Hyung?  Aren't you suppose to be in-"

 

"I've moved back a week after you left.  I couldn't stay there any longer either." I replied softly and look at him somberly.  "It felt empty without you..."

 

His eyes widened and he shook his head in denial.  "B-but you-I-but-"

 

I sigh and smile again.  "But yes.  You were wrong Junsu-ah... about my feelings for you."

 

My heart beats erratically in my chest as I wait for his response, but his reactions were definitely reassuring.  I didn't see rejection, pity or regret.  I saw shock, disbelief, and hope.

 

He shook his head again and I nodded in return, smiling brightly before I got the guts to say what I had planned.

 

"I still feel the same Junsu-ah... the question is... do you still feel the same for me or were you able to move on?" I asked him nervously, but my gaze never wandered from his face.

 

He stood stalk still for a moment before blinking rapidly and abruptly moving away from me.  I was shocked for a few seconds, but quickly ran after him.

 

"Junsu-ah!  Please stop.  It's okay if you don't feel the same.  I'd still like to be your friend..." I gasped out, both nervous and hopeful that at least I could have my friend back.

 

He still hadn't faced me and was looking up at the sky for some reason with his eyes close while breathing heavily.

 

As he slowly opened his eyes and looked at me, my breath caught.  His watery eyes and sad expression was breathtaking. 

 

"My feelings haven't changed Yunho... but I still have my parents to deal with and my brother won't let this," he gestured towards us both, "continue."

 

The sadness in his voice broke my heart, but the meaning of his words made me feel a happiness I never thought I'd feel.

 

"Y-you still love me?" I questioned in disbelief as I got closer. 

 

He gave me a watery smile and I was able to see that tiny spark of happiness, the same one that made it impossible for me to say no to him, shine through as he answered. "Yes.  I'm still in love with you."

 

I was so happy that I forgot we were in public and just gathered him in my arms in a tight hug while whispering. "You love me!  Please, please let's give this a try.  I'm sure we can figure out a way to make it work.  You don't know what I've been through to find you-"

 

He separates from me abruptly and stares at me in shock.

 

"You searched for me?" He practically squeals in shock.

 

Under his gaze I blush and confess while rubbing my nape.  "Yeah... well, you see, I hired a detective and also tried to piece where you could be from things I remembered hearing.  For being so popular you sure are quite the secretive guy hahaha..." I laugh nervously.

 

He looks at me thoughtfully and suspiciously.  "And just how did you afford searching for me?  A detective isn't exactly a cheap thing to spend on."

 

"I am Jung Yunho.  Heir to the Jung Industries." I say sheepishly.  "Although, I must admit.  I didn't think of the detective searching for you.  I stupidly did that for half a year and finally realize that a detective was needed, and here we are. Hehe."

 

He looked shocked for a moment, but then suddenly broke out in laughter.  I looked on concerned as he forced me to let him go while sinking to the floor in laughter.  Even though his laughter brings me happiness, I'm confused as to why he's laughing.

 

"Junsu-ah?" I questioned after several minutes of this.

 

"Hahahaha, I can't believe you didn't tell me this Yunho Hyung! Hahahaha." He gets out from between laughs.  I see the trail of tears running down his face, but know they're tears of happiness.

 

"Wha-"

 

He calms down and wipes his tears as I help him off the floor.  "It's simple Yunho Hyung.  My family could've been opposed to our relationship if we were from different social ladders.  But if we're equaled, it'll be easier to convince them.  Especially since they can't start a business war with the heir of such a high standing company.  It'd be bad for business.  And since you have means to defend yourself, I don't have to worry about them tearing you to pieces."  He giggles and sighs.

 

I smile at his reaction and pull him into my arms again.

 

"So does that mean..."

 

"Yes.  Let's give it a try." Junsu responds sweetly in my ear and I laugh happily at the fact that he was back in my life. 

 

We remember we're in public when a bus honks at a distance and separate, both of us blush furiously and avoid eye contact.

 

We walk side by side.

 

"So... where's that food I was promised?" He asked cheerfully. 

 

I smile brightly and point to a restaurant a block away.  "Right over there.  Loser pays!"  I say before taking off running while laughing at his indignant squeal.  I hear him catching up as he shouted "CHEATER!" for everyone to hear in his unique high pitch tone. 

 

And in that moment I didn't think I could be happier.  I look forward to a future with Junsu and hope it's filled with as much happiness and love as that of my best friends.  As he pushes me to the side and laughs whole heartedly ahead of me, I have faith that we'll be all right.

 

We'll have our happily ever after too...

 

-The End-

 

A/N: Hope you guys enjoyed this. ^__^  And thanks to those who subscribed and commented to this.  Really appreciate your interest. This will conclude this story plot.  Bye for now.