Chapter One

Taming The She-Devil [HIATUS/REVAMPING]

I hope you guys didnt miss the prologue. Just in case you skipped forward and straight to the first chapter :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Donghae

        “Good morning Hyunsoo!” Donghae screamed as soon as he entered the silent room. There was no one to answer his cheerful greeting; as usual, and so unconsciously a small smile began to form on his thin lips. He’s gotten used to the fact that there were always no reply to his enthusiastic greetings; it’s been six months after all, but it is kind of sad, not to mention stupid.

He made his way towards the window, and pulled the drapes to let some sunshine in. The atmosphere was dim enough, the room doesn’t need to be dimly lit either; Donghae thought as he open the windows to take a breath of fresh spring air. Even the spring air seemed stuffy from here. From then on Donghae decided that he’s never going to like hospitals, regardless of the fact that even he, himself had been admitted in them a number of times in his teenage days.

        “Hyunsoo-yah,” he called as he kept his gaze on the plain looking street outside. No reply. “It’s already spring you know. You’re missing out on the fun. The cherry tree that we planted last year had started blooming too. And Hyukjae and I are seriously having a hard time trying to clean the lawn…”

The one-sided conversation seemed to have trailed on and on and on until Donghae was tired of speaking to his own self. Realizing how stupid and how he felt even more miserable, he heaved a long sigh ruffling his hair before turning to look at the pretty face lying almost lifeless on the bed.

          “Goodness just how the hell does your brother deal with the pain. You’re not my sister and yet I’ve already cried my eyeballs out for you. Hyunsoo-ah, Hyukjae needs you. We both do,” he said as he the sleeping girl’s long hair. He sighed once more and finally straightened his back before looking at his watch. It’s time for him to head to work.

He smiled at his lover’s precious sister and kissed her forehead. “Hyukjae sends his love,” he said. He gave her one last gentle on the cheek before his gaze fell on the wilting lilies next to her bed.

His hand immediately flung itself up to his forehead, “Shoot, I forgot to replace them with fresh roses yesterday! Darn it, Hyukjae will kill me.”

            “And who the hell keeps on putting the lilies in there anyway? They should know that lilies wilt easily under this temperature,” he complained, grabbing the vase and threw the wilted lilies into the trash can.

Every time Donghae and Hyukjae came to check on Hyunsoo there’s always fresh white lilies nicely settled next to the bed.  What’s even stranger is that whenever the two asked the nurses regarding the person who left the lilies there, they would always say they don’t know, which Hyukjae's thinks is a lie.

 Donghae replaced the dead ‘weeds’ (as he would prefer to call it) with freshly picked roses that he brought and placed it in its rightful spot, feeling satisfied.

            “There…” he said happily as he looked at the lovely red colour. He was starting to feel himself cheering up already. “Don’t you just love the smell of roses Hyunsoo?”

He looked at the girl named Hyunsoo and patted her head. “Oppa has to go now. I’ll see you after work okay?” he said softly as he made his way towards the door. It seemed that Donghae only turned his back for a second, (which he did) when...

            “Donghae, didn’t I tell you that I hate roses?”

            “…”

Silence overwhelmed the entire room, and it was a while before Donghae realized that he still hasn’t replied to that spiteful comment.

            “Oh stop complaining, Hyukjae happens to like them a lot. And the fragrance cheers him up-”

Okay. What. the. ??? That wasn’t me talking to myself.

 He gripped on the door knob hard, not sure whether he should believe in the thing he had just heard. Despite the fact that he was feeling dubious, he couldn’t stop the smile that’s creeping upon his face, as he held his head back and let relief overwhelm his whole being.

            “Just in case you’re wondering, this isn’t the roses talking to you; it’s the door knob,”

Donghae had to scoff at that one, “Regardless of the fact that I am overwhelmed with my emotions right now, you can still manage to annoy me,” Donghae said as he spun his body around to look at the source of the voice.

The used-to-be-lifeless girl was now sitting up and tying her hair into a bun, flashing him a proud smile as she watched Donghae stepping out.

            “Nurse, call the doctors. We have an emergency,” Donghae said, trying hard to contain his smile as he spoke to the nurse that passed by. The nurse looked alarmed, she was about to call the doctors when he added, “Apparently the little she-devil’s awake,”

 

****************

 

Key 

Key might have cursed for the eighth time this morning, simply because a stray cat just jumped up in front of him as he walked past an alley. If he was counting right, that is.

The is wrong with these cats?Key thought as he glared at the cat. They seem to like jumping up in front of you as if they’re trying to scratch you in the face just for stepping onto the fish bones lying on the alley.

“!”

Well, make that his ninth; just in one morning. This is a whole new record. His mother would’ve been proud of him.

He took his dripping wet foot out of the puddle that he just stepped in; thinking that how he could really use something to punch right now. As if his day couldn’t get any worse, his cell phone rang and he immediately dipped his hand into his pocket to answer it. It’s hard to not let out a sigh the moment he saw the caller ID, before pressing the answer key.

            “What the do you want, Jonghyun?”

He could clearly imagine Jonghyun, who was on the other line frowning hearing his best friend’s harsh answer, but Key knew how Jonghyun would pretty much shove his fiery attitude soon enough. After all, who the hell is the Almighty Key if he doesn’t curse for at least three times in a day?

            “Tough morning huh? So how many times have you been cursing? Five, or is it already your seventh?” Jonghyun teased.

            “Don’t ask,” he replied. “And I already told you, I’m coming in late,”

            “ you, Key!” Jonghyun yelled, but to Key it sounded more like a whining. “I wanted to copy your homework. , looks like I’d be making my way to JYP’s office today,”

            “Then skip, don’t call me and whine about it,” he finally said in annoyance.

            “But Onew hyung and Minho won't come along with me,” Jonghyun whined. Key didn’t need to see Jonghyun's face right now to know that he’s pouting.

The younger of the two rolled his eyes at his best friend’s respond. Gee, I wonder why those two refused him.  He thought.

Sometimes Key would find it amazing to know that he’s actually younger than Jonghyun, being that the older one would come to him for almost everything, whining out his heart’s desire until Key was annoyed enough to finally agree to help him; which is exactly what is happening now.

Only this time, Key had made up his mind not to help the older one. “Hyung, I'm hanging up now,” he said and finally cut the line off.

Jonghyun was lucky enough that he listened, Key told himself but it wasn’t long until his phone rang once more. Rolling his eyes, he answered the call with a grunt.

“Okay, don’t hang up yet!” Jonghyun quickly said. “At least tell me why are you going to be late? You’ve been doing it a lot since we got into the school. And you don’t even let us come along with you. Where the hell are you going?”

“None of your business, now can I hang up now?” he replied as he walked past by the flower shop and saw fresh lilies stacked up in a huge glass vase.

He didn’t give Jonghyun the chance to reply when he decided to just hang up on the older one and turn his phone off, before taking out a few lilies from the vase.

            “You’re here again,” a woman’s voice greeted him from behind. He looked up to find the nice shop owner he had come to know beaming at him, the kind of beam that sort of makes him feel awkward, especially when he doesn’t always get to see people giving him that kind of look.

Key decided to return her greeting with a soft nod and a smile before giving the lilies to her so she could wrap it into a nice bouquet. The lady accepted it and he followed her quietly to the counter and watch her do her work.

            “I was wondering when you might show up,” She suddenly said softly. “So how is this friend of yours? Is she getting any better?”

Key looked up to stare at her. He’s been coming to this flower shop for the past six months, so he was able to clearly understand the fact that she’s seen him before, but he was pretty sure that he’s never mentioned about his bouquet’s receiver, be it the person’s gender or the fact that the person is sick. Yes, Kim Kibum is a boy with a lot of curses but he is definitely a boy with a few words when it comes to strangers.

            “I don’t remember cursing about her…” he thought, but then realized that he was being really stupid. It was when the lady shoved the lilies into his hands that he realized that he still haven’t answer her question.

            “She’s getting better, I think. But she’s not my friend. Just…an acquaintance,” he finally said, after giving it much thought of what...she was to him.

            “Well, this acquaintance of yours must be really happy knowing that you gave her these beautiful flowers every time you visit her,” the lady replied.

Key didn’t answer to that. For some reason he doesn’t feel like answering so he simply just smiled and was about to make his way out, before bumping into a man which he recognized to be the owner of the shop next door.

             The man glared at him; and well, Key wasn’t afraid of glaring back at him either. He’s not the one who was walking with his eyes on his feet after all. Cursing under his breath he held the door knob when he heard the man talking to the owner.

            “Why do you have that kid in your shop? He’s nothing but a trouble maker. That punk goes to Downtown Seoul Academy. You know how rotten those kids are, I mean just look at his hair!”

The next thing he knew, the man had his mouth stuffed with leaves when the lady hit him in the face using the flowers that she was working on earlier.

            “The only thing that’s rotten here is you, mister. How dare you step into my shop wearing those boots? And just for the record, that young man is very nice, quite a darling if I compare him to your savage nature,” she scolded.

Key flashed a smirk hearing her words before stepping out of the shop, thanking the gods for giving him his awesome looks. He looked at his reflection at the shop’s window and frowned. There’s nothing wrong with my hair, he thought. Although sometimes, he did find the red streaks rather ridiculous. Key turned his head slightly to the left to look at his face from another angle, hoping that he’ll look better.

But then the lad immediately scoffed. Hold up. Now why the hell did he even care about what that nasty grizzly old bear says about him?  His hair is awesome. No one rocks the red streaks on the fringe like he does. Plus, he looks good in all angles.

Girls would often swoon at the sight of him, and as annoying as it is, it does come in handy at times like this.

And besides, he just can't help it. He is the Almighty Key.

 

**********************

 

THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN LONGER >< but i have no time!!!! sigh. i hope you guys like this though. thanks for reading and subbing. :)