Four

Reminiscence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
▬▬ Ari's POV

"Bye..." I smiled and clinged onto the Poring plushie as I watched them grab their luggage and prepare to get off the van. 

Eunmi and Key... well, let's say they got too attached in a single day that they're hugging each other like mad right now.

"I guess so..." Minho oppa sighed. "I'll see you in a month. Wait for me okay? I'll be coming back to get you." He nodded and pulled me into a hug.

"You guys, you sound like couples instead of siblings. Stop it." Taemin pointed out as he made a poker face.

"Oh, Taeminnie is jelly~" Jjong oppa teased. Immediately after that, he recieved a light punch in the arm from Taemin.

I smirked and pulled Minho oppa closer to me. "But... this is sibling love, right oppa?" I looked up at my brother and pouted oh-so cutely, holding in my laugh.

"Of course, princess. Now, I must depart for Korea." He laughed and pulled away. "But seriously though, we'll come back for you guys."

"Yeah, yeah." Eunmi snorted and pushed them off to the door. "Your flight is in thirty minutes. Go. Like, seriously. You bunch of cheesy guys." She rolled her eyes.

I chuckled and saw Key oppa opening the door. "Bye, sis!"

Eunmi's face turned from annoyed to happy. "Bye, bro!" She waved at her brother. Wow. Talk about moodswings.

I smiled and waved at my celeb brother who jumped off the car and walked off. Jinki though, before stepping out, took one last look at me and grinned. I smiled and nodded as I saw him run like a child as he clinged to Minho oppa. Just like that, Eunmi and I watched as they quickly got surrounded by camera's. Oh life...

"So..." Eunmi faced me. "What's up with you and Onew oppa?"

"J-jinki oppa?" My face turned red.

"Oh so it's 'Jinki' now huh... not Onew anymore..." She laughed evilly.

After they left, everything seemed to go back to normal. Well, as normal as it could be. They call us almost everyday, their excuse being that they miss us, and we would scold them since international calls are expensive. Eunmi and I see SHINee in a different light now. We have this new appreciation when we watch their videos. Before we'd just dream about them talking to us but now it's totally different.

▬▬ One month later...

Summer just started a few weeks ago. We got a call from SHINee that they were coming to get us in a week so we had to get ready. Eunmi and I are actually procrastinating right now. They told us to get ready but we still haven't packed anything and there's just three days left before they come and get us.

I'm watching a Korean drama on TV right now. It's easier for us to watch Kdramas now since we understand them and we don't have to wait for the english subtitles to come out.

Amidst of it all, the doorbell rang. I frowned, not wanting to drift my eyes away from the television but I had no choice anyway. In annoyance, I dragged myself out of the sofa and forced myself to walk to the door. 

The doorbell ringing got annoying. The person pressed the doorbell repeatedly and continuously non-stop. That person better be Eunmi or I'm killing that person for disturbing me in my wonderful vacation.

"WHAT?!" I shouted, in a bad mood when I opened the door but my eyes only widened after I was wrapped in a tight hug.

"Ari~! We're here~!" Jinki oppa sang lightly as I pushed myself off of him and slapped myself.

"Why are you here?" I blinked and my jaw dropped. What day is it?

"I know!" He just gave me a bright grin. "I'm three days early~ isn't that great?"

So my eyes weren't decieving me. But I was curious. Why him and not Minho oppa? O.O

"Only you?" I asked, somehow in a kind of disappointed tone. 

He pouted and shook his head. "Taeminnie is with me." He motioned his head over to Eunmi's house. Just like that, Eunmi's ear piercing scream filled the atmosphere. I twitched. Poor Taeminnie.

"Where are the others?" I looked around.

He shyly scratched the back of his head and laughed nervously. "Well, Minho had shooting, Key had a musical and Jjong had a recording. Me and Taeminnie are left out so the three ordered us to pick you two up instead."

I blinked again.

"Oh and our flight is in five hours."

Our flight is in five hours...

Flight is in five hours...

...in five hours...

...five hours...

...and I haven't even taken out my suitcase outside the storage room...

Damn...

 

▬▬ Eunmi's POV

I was sleeping peacefully in my room when someone rang the doorbell. I'm a bit of a light sleeper when I'm alone in the house since I'm scared that someone might crash through the door and rob the house. Still half-awake, I opened the door while rubbing my eyes. It wasn't very smart of me to do that 'cause when I opened the door someone screamed at me, startling me.

"EUNMI!!" That person yelled. I shouted and slammed the door close without looking at the person.

"Oww...Eunmi, it's me Taemin." I heard the person say while groaning. I opened the door and saw Taemin holding his nose.

"Oops, sorry Taemin oppa. I didn't mean to hurt you. I was just surprised." I said as I ushered Taemin through the door and into the living room. We sat on the coush and I examined his face.

"Well, fortuantely nothing seems to be broken but I'll get an ice pack for you just in case." I left Taemin and went to the kitchen and got some ice.

"Here..." I handed him the ice pack "Again, I'm really sorry for slamming the door at your face."

"No. It's okay. I shouldn't have surprised you like that. You're still the scaredy cat I know." He said while smiling and I returned his smile.

"So... what brings you here? I mean, aren't you supposed to be in Korea right now?" I asked him.

"Uhmm... actually Onew hyung and I came here to fetch you and Ari. We'll leave in five hours." As soon as I processed what he said, a thought came to me.

"Oh my gosh! I haven't even started to pack my things yet and we leaving in five hours?!" I exclaimed, running upstairs to my room.

"I can't believe you haven't changed a bit. Your still a scaredy cat and a procrastinator." Taemin oppa said as he appeared in my bedroom.

"I can't help how I am, okay. Besides, you told us we had one week to prepare. And you can't just barge into my room like that." I said while looking at my clothes and choosing what to bring.

"It's not like you're doing anything I'm not supposed to see so I thought I'd just let myself in." Taemin oppa said as he leaned on the doorway.

"Okay, I get your point. Now just let me pick what I need to bring."

"Don't bring a lot. Just let Eunise deliver the rest of your things."

After what seemed like a decade, I finally finished packing my clothes and other necessities in a medium sized suitcase. "I'm done." I sighed and and looked at the clock. Approximately two hours before the flight.

"Ppali!" Taemin chanted and motioned me to come with him. 

I followed him outside and locked the door before I saw a sleek black van parked in the middle of Ari's house and I. I blinked, seeing two figures inside the van. 

When Taemin opened the door, Onew oppa and Ari were already there, smiling at each other like idiots. 

I blinked. "'Sup..."

"Why are you guys smiling?" Taemin straightfowardly asked. I mentally face-palmed at the boy and chuckled.

The two just glared at the both of us. 

On the way to the airport, Taemin and I got the time to get to know each other. But of course, being a shawol myself, I know most of the things about him and I can tell that he was seriously different when he's not in front of the camera. 

"When did we first meet?" I tilted my head, looking at him curiously. "...and what happened?"

Meanwhile, Ari and Onew oppa were doing the same thing. I was eavesdropping. Onew oppa said that they met on a park while she was playing with a group of friends. Apparently, while Ari was playing, she got hit by a ball in the head which Onew oppa kicked. After that, Ari got mad and actually became enemies with Onew oppa. Though, with their countless childish fights, their relationship kept on growing to a beautiful friendship. And then poof! A happy best-friend type of thing bloomed out between them. This, I didn't even know. Onew oppa said that I was with her at that time and I was trying hard to remember but nothing poofed out of my mind.

"Well... somehow it was related to their meeting. After Ari got hit by the ball, she had an argument with Onew oppa. While they do that, I walked up and apologized to you. And yeah... we ended up talking behind their backs... kind of. You told me Ari was a stubborn and annoying girl." Ari gave me a  killer glare while Taemin spoke. I gulped. Taemin... why are you saying this when Ari is right beside me. "And I told you Hyung was a weird, clumsy and crazy guy." I got the feeling that Taemin was saying this on purpose. "And then in the end, we got along by talking behind Ari and hyung's backs." He grinned like an innocent child.

I sighed when Ari tapped my shoulders. I knew I was in trouble.

Well, doesn't matter anyway. I don't remember any of those happening in my life. 

We arrived in the airport not long after. We ate before we left. On the plane, I sat beside Taemin. Two hours wasn't that long. The minute the plane took off, I closed my eyes and when I opened them again, we were already in South Korea. 

Though, the minute they dropped us off in their dorm, Taemin and Onew oppa took off claiming that they have schedules and ordered us to stay here while we wait for someone to get home. 

When I heard the door close behind us, my jaw dropped. I can't believe I'm standing inside SHINee's dorm. It wasn't that big. There were five rooms I think. There's the bathroom, SHINee's bedroom and one other vacant room, a closet and the kitchen and dining room. 

Both of us entered the vacant room and unpacked. After unpacking, we went to the living and watched TV. We were watching a romantic movie and when we reached the of the movie, the doorbell rang.

"Why did they ring the doorbell? They know the passcode anyway." Ari said. She walked towards the door to open it. On her way to the door, the ringer seemed to be impatient since the ringing went faster.

"Coming! Sheesh you impatient people." Ari muttered as she opened the door.

"HYUNG!!"

"MINHO HYUNG!!!"

"Woah who are you people? EUNMI!" My eyes widened and I rushed to stand up beside Ari. I saw six guys standing and one of them was hugging Ari.

"Uhh... Sehun... you can let her go now..." The tallest boy, no wait, man instructed. Ari shook the boy off and ran to stand behind me. 

"These... who are they?" Ari muttered and used me as a shield.  

"Why are you using me as a human shield?" I looked at her with a weird stare and turned to the six boys. "Who're you guys?"

"Who're you first?" Another one said. 

"I asked first."

"No way. We're the guests and how do we know you're not a stan, a fangirl or some crazy hobo girl who just broke in a random apartment?"

My jaw dropped at the guy. How rude. Is this how people Korea are? I'm turned off. "Excuse me?"

"Hobo girl? Are you implying we look like hobo's?" Ari raised a brow and shrugged, looking at the boy who scoffed.

"Do you even know who's place this is?" Another one asked.

"Woah, woah!" Ari scratched her head, frustrated. "We ask the questions here! But of course we know!"

"This is SHINee's dorm." I answered simply and they all nodded.

"Are you like their girlfriend or something?" Our jaw dropped to the ground and Minho oppa and Key oppa's face flashed in our minds. "Pffft...." We held in our laugh.

"Ew, no." My eye twitched. "Just... no..."

"Then who are you?" Another dude with some manly man voice asked. His voice was too deep it wasn't obvious from his face.

Ari and I looked at each other, hesitating to tell them. Just like that, we had a silent conversation using our facial expressions.

"Should we?"

"I don't know..."

"Just tell them..."

BANG!

The front door slammed opened again, Key oppa shouting so loud with his arms wide open. "WE'RE HOME~!" He sang in a sing-song voice.

We turned to them. "Oh... welcome back?" Ari raised a brow and looked at Minho oppa whose eyes widened by the sight of Ari. 

"Hey, bro~" I ran to my brother, ignoring the other six boys. "'Sup!"

Key oppa welcomed me with a hug and spun me around like a little girl. "You're finally here! You're staying with us until grandma asks you to visit her!" 

In the middle of hugging, I noticed Kai turn to Taemin. "Taemin-ah!" 

"Kai!" Taemin's eyes widened and and he fist-bumped with him. 

Ari's eyes grew suspicious after the hug and looked at Kai in a weird way. "Kai...?" She raised a brow.

I stood beside Ari and looked at her with brows raised. "Why does that sound familiar?"

"I know..." She scratched her eyes and looked at Kai. "Kai... Taemin.... Kai... Planet."

Onew who was missing earlier when Key barged in, appeared all of a sudden carrying a few buckets of Chicken. "Ah! Kris, Kai, Baekhyun, Lu Han, Chanyeol!" 

Ari and I still couldn't remember and tilted our heads. Everybody turned their heads at us.

"Hyung, who're they?" Luhan pointed at the both of us. 

We both turned out heads to Minho oppa and Key oppa who grinned and slung the both of their arms around us. "This is Ari, my sister." Minho oppa patted and messed up Ari's hair who seem to be annoyed when he did that.

"This is Eunmi, my sister." Key oppa poked my cheeks. 

"That one's Kris..." SHINee pointed at the right person as that person

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter