Dara's death...or not

Kwon Ji Yong the death god.

 

Ji Yong the death god?? Pft. You are crazy!!!

 

“W-who are you…?” She stammered as she faced the guy in a black suit looking intently at her as if he’s her soul out of her system. She could’ve thought he’s just one of her suitors running after her if not only for the bloodshot eyes he possessed. He’s not human. She disliked the thought but knew she’s right.

 

“W-what are you…?”

 

“Kwon Ji Yong the death god.” He simply replied like it was okay to say it aloud. Well, it was okay since no one’s around and she’ll die anyways. That’s why he’s there in front her. To inform her, grant her last wish and then take her with him.

 

“Ji Yong the death god?? Pft. You are crazy!!!” A roll of laughter came out of her. “Oh my God. I can’t--!” Her next words were mumbled because of too much laughter.

 

He was startled. He’s been following her since a while ago and he knew quite well that she’s different. She looked sad and lonely. Yet she smiled seeing the people happy around her. She’s strange was his first impression of her. He pities her but seeing her laugh like that he found himself pinching the bridge of his nose.

 

What’s wrong with these people. Always that reaction. Calling for God when they’re facing a death god at the moment. How rude.

 

He was used to this. He had taken so many lives away and he was used to seeing their reactions. They will cry, shout, rant but this one was different.

 

He waited for her to stop and when her laughter died down, he felt a pang inside him to see her stoic face again. It showed no emotion. There was pure sadness in her eyes.

 

 “You will eat me. “ She said. He wanted to laugh but he knew she was not joking. “You’ll show me your fangs, my blood out, eat my flesh and then I’ll die.” Her voice was scared. Near into crying.

 

She’s plainly stupid. My title speaks for it. Death god. Not monster. Not vampire. Not zombie.  Not even close to a fallen angel.  It’s death god. Just that. Why can’t she pick that up? Because she’s stupid.

 

“Well unfortunately not.” Ji Yong said after examining his fingers placed it back to his pockets and turned to her with bored eyes like he just wanted to get over with his job so he can go.  “I’m just gonna inform you that I’ll grant one last wish of yours before you die tomorrow at 12:03 noon in a car accident. After that I’ll take you down…down there.”

 

“Are you really serious? You’ve got to be kidding me.” Dara was suppose to huff but her lack of emotions had no effect. She went near him and pinched his sides. He just stared at her to show that he was not hurt at all. She took a deep breath when she saw black smoke danced out of his skin where she pinched him and it went away after a few seconds. He guessed that her deep breath was  to be a gasp of surprise.

 

She stood frozen on her spot as he neared her. Dark aura radiating off of him makes her fear him more despite of his calm, bored yet handsome features.

 

He unclasped her closed fist and gave her an ancient hourglass.

 

“W-what’s this?” Dara asked trying her hardest to sound fierce despite the knowledge that she’s nearing her time.

 

He then leaned forward. His scent was a mix of flowers. Weird. Dara would have liked that smell since she had once been a florist but for the first time, she feared the smell of flowers knowing that it was oozing out of an immortal being in front of her.

 

“Count down for your last…” He tilt his head sideward as if calculating the time she still has. He scowled "...hours.” He whispered.

 

“So, lady with uhm…” He stared at her, checking her from head to toe, “with weird fashion sense, may I know now your last wish?”

 

“Wish?” She asked in her little tone.  “Look, I don’t know if you’re just pulling a prank on me but let’s see,” She said displaying her most challenging look she could show and but the death god was unfazed.

 

“Give me the necklace of my mother that she’s wearing at her funeral.”

 

“Are you sure that’s your last wish?” He asked again.

 

“I bet you can’t even do it since the necklace is six feet below the ground with my mother who’s 10 years dead now.” She said thinking that he can’t do it and stretched her neck out trying to find the secret cams.

 

“Say, hidden cameras are out of date now since a lot of reality shows are using it already. Just tell me where it is…”

 

But the death god was just staring at her. He was rubbing his chin as if he was thinking, “Well, your wish is too simple. Some girls would even wish to have with me before they die.”

 

“How vulgar.” Dara looked at him. She was not even surprised one bit. She has met lot of guys who are lot worse that him. “I know it’s hard to earn money nowadays. I understand why you’re in this job on fooling people for variety shows—“

 

“Here.”

 

She stopped talking seeing that he was handling her an old familiar locket.

 

“I really wonder why you wished for that. Like c’mon, you won’t  even be able to bring that with you when you die tomorrow.” He said talking to himself.

 

“Is t-this real? T-this really creeps me out.” Dara said smiling weakly at him. She wanted to believe that the guy in front of him was all a lie and what he handed her was fake but giving her the exact necklace alone makes her eyes go watery.

 

There was only one way to find out. Before she could even open the locket containing her picture and her mother’s the death god spoke.

 

“Hey, you’re cute in the picture. You look just like your mother.”

 

“H-how…” She spoke but no voice came out. She quickly opened it and surely enough, the locket was her deceased mother’s since it has her picture and her mother’s picture on it.

 

“Now, let’s just see each other tomorrow.” He said. “And by the way, since you can’t bring it when you die, I’ll grant you one more wish. Think about it. I promise I’ll grant it...if I'll have extra time tomorrow.”

 

He didn’t know why he even offered another wish. He never did that. But seeing how different her face seemed to be from the smiling little girl in the locket, he wanted to see that happy face before Dara dies.

 

With one last look he disappeared leaving Dara in her state of shock.

 

 

He’s real.

 

Real.

 

And that makes it worse. He’s making her anticipate to her nearing death. He even said how she would die. She cringed at the thought of car accident. How brutal.

 

Dara walked along the busy streets of Seoul watching the lights of the stores turn on to welcome the night.

 

If it was true…’ she blocked her other thoughts. It was crazy. Purely crazy. ‘But it won’t hurt if it’s real. I don’t care…

 

 As much as she wanted to enjoy her remaining time, she can’t. There’s no reason to smile at all. She lived a terrible life and the thought of the death god taking her away was somehow okay for her.

 

She has no friends to bid farewell. No family to spend her last hours.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

12:01

 

 

12:02

 

 

 

Being aware of the time makes one minute longer than usual. Everything and everyone seems to be in slow motion. Maybe this is the feeling of knowing your death. But isn’t it suppose to be that our time of death should be unknown so there will be less pain? Less fear? Not the other way around where you have a timepiece and making your count down as if anticipating your death?

 

Dara knew she’s being unreasonable but she was standing in the middle of the road waiting for some car to hit her and she can do bye bye world.

 

Since she was aware of the cause of her death, it makes her less excited. She even volunteered on standing in the middle of the road to meet her time. She isn’t suicidal. She just knew it.

 

Dara closed her eyes clutching the dangling necklace of her mother.

 

Mom, I met a very handsome death god yesterday. I thought he was doing crazy talk but he’s not. Mom… I will die today. Right now. And we’ll see each other again.

 

Dara felt the sand clock weigh more on the other side leaving the other out of sand. It was her time.

 

 

 

12: 03

 

 

 

“OH MY GOD!”

 

“SOMEBODY WAS HIT BY A TRUCK!!”

 

“CALL AN AMBULANCE!”

 

“HELP!”

 

Am I dead?But why do I feel like I’m still standing in the middle of the road? Should I go peek if I’m already in the underworld?

 

Before she could even open her eyes, she heard that deep, sensual voice again.

 

“. Wrong girl.” He cursed. Dara turned back and saw the death god not staring at her instead to the crowd circling a girl lying dead on the ground.

 

“PARK SANDARI!!” Her companion called out, crying her lungs out at the scenario.

 

“P-Park S-Sandari?” Dara heard him again as he walked forward. “Not Park San…Dara…?” He stopped beside her and looked at her.

 

 

“I’m screwed.”

 

 

 

---

 

a/n ooo~~ Jiyong...you got the wrong girl. what will happen to the both of you now?? =))

        and thank you very much to XxBlackBeat for making a poster for this baby fic of mine =))