Entangled By The Hands Of Fate (Chapter 3)

Entangled By The Hands Of Fate

Chapter 3

He took the elevator down to the concourse level where the restaurants, cafes, shops and court is situated. He walks past a few family and he smile at the scenes. Mothers feeding their little ones and dads join in with the kidult (kid-adult) of the family. It’s a sweet scene.

Smiling, he makes his way to the nearest café for a dose of caffeine and people – seeing (if that’s what it’s called). He loves to observe people and it’s like a part of his nature. After buying himself a cup of Mocha Latté, he found himself a seat near the window pane which overlooks the outside. He sipped his drink and enjoying the view.

While sipping his dose of caffeine, he spotted the guy who bumped into him before. That guy is sitting alone at a restaurant across from him and only his backside is in view. 

‘Damn, I really want to see his face’.
 That guy is kind of mysterious and should he say – weird? Yeah. Weird. Bumping onto people like that and then walks off. Suddenly, Jaejoong remembers about that guy’s iPod. He searches through his jeans pocket and in his pockets. 

‘Aish. I forgot to bring it! Aish!’.
 Little did he know, when he was busy searching for that guy’s iPod, that guy has already left the restaurant to god – knows – where. 

Jaejoong looked in the restaurant direction after he’s confident that that guy’s iPod is not in his bag, he found that the guy was no where in sight. ‘Again, I lost him. Darn it! That guy is just like cookies! Or moreover, like a ghost!’ he muttered a cuss under his breath and decided to just drop the topic regarding that guy and just enjoy his latte. 

After finishing his cup of latte, he fishes out his camera and walks around the ‘mall’ and he found himself in a shop which sells t-shirts, plushies and also other things. A pink dolphin plushies caught Jaejoong’s eyes and he picks it up. ‘Weirdly, this reminds me of Junsu. Hahahaha’ he makes a mental note on getting the plushies by the end of his trip.

He makes his way to the next shop, a liquor shop which likely reminds him of Yoochun, his drunk – buddy. ‘I seriously need to find someone other than those two to get close with. Even on my holiday, I think about them. But then again, it’s because of them I get to go on this cruise. Need to thank them later. I owed them too much already’

With a content smile, Jaejoong makes his way out of the mall and to the court/pool area. There are children running around and girls (yes, hot girls) clad in bikinis and guys showing off their muscles and abs. He chuckled ‘Youngsters’ under his breath and makes his way to the corridor of the ship. 

Being in the second largest ship in the world to date, it takes him quite a while to just pass the corner of the deck. To his surprise, he spotted the ‘guy’ from his previous event. That guy sits (well, not literally. He’s leaning to the railing at the far off corner of the ship). ‘What’s wrong with that guy? He seems lost and he’s not like others on holiday. What a mood.’

He makes his way to where the ‘guy’ is situated, that guy turns and walks off to another spot (well, maybe to his room). Seeing this, Jaejoong fasten his pace and he ‘runs’ to the guy. But being Jaejoong, he tripped on nothing but air and the moment he look up, the guy already left to god knows where.

Jaejoong was about to get up from the spot where he previously landed and someone offered a hand for him to get up. Looking up, he saw a guy clad in a simple A/X t-shirt and blue jeans which hugs his long, lean legs perfectly. “Need help?” A warm smile and a friendly offer of his hand makes Jaejoong thinks there is still people who is courteous in this world nowadays. 

Jaejoong grabs his hand as he let himself being pulled by the stranger. Jaejoong dusts off the invincible dust on his behind and after that he return to the stranger and beamed him his famous all time shy smile. “Thank you~” he spoke in perfect English. 

The stranger returns the smile and spoke softly “You should be more careful. I’ve been watching you running just now and then without notice, you’ve tripped.” He chuckled while looking at Jaejoong who turns into a warm shade of crimson red. 

“You—you saw that?! OMG!!” this is so embarrassing! Aish!! Chinca!!” Jaejoong muttered under his breath the last part (it’s been a habit for him to muttered things in Korean if he’s mad or embarrassed) but that caught the stranger’s ears.

“Hey, are you by chance Korean??” looking rather astonish that the beauty in front of him hailed from his country. 

“Erm.. Yeah… Are you Korean too?” ‘Please don’t let you be Korean too, please….’ Jaejoong pleaded in his heart because he was already embarrassed by the fact he tripped in front of the stranger and the strange helped him and now to add to his list of embarrassing moment with this stranger, he hope that the stranger answer with a simple ‘no’.

“Well, yeah!!!” The lanky stranger spoke in perfect Korean with a wide smile plastered across his face. Jaejoong was already turning into a tomato in front of the stranger. 

‘OMG!!!’ 
Jaejoong was mentally kicking himself. 

“Well….” His voice trailed off by the end of the sentence and he didn’t manage to continue it, the stranger hold up his hand in front of Jaejoong’s.

“I’m Changmin, Shim Changmin.. Nice to meet you~” the stranger, well not really stranger now coz ‘the stranger’ has a name now said with a sincere smile spread across his handsome face.

“I’m…. well, I’m Jaejoong, Kim Jaejoong..” he smile awkwardly to Changmin and he shakes the offered hand. Both of them more comfortable speaking in their native tongue.

“Wow.. I never thought to meet a Korean here on this cruise.. You spoke quite good English.. I presume you live here in the States?” Changmin asks the beauty in front of him. 

“Well, I’ve been living here for 4 years already.. I work here as well.. And you? Your English is marvelous, you live here too?” Jaejoong look straight into Changmin’s eyes. 

A throaty chuckle escaped Changmin’s mouth and Jaejoong can’ help but wondered what’s so funny about that question.

“I’m studying Business Administrative in NYU. It’s my last year here though. I will be going back to Korea by the end of the year. How bout you? Aren’t you going back to Korea anytime soon?” Jaejoong just smile while leaning on the railing and looking out to the sea sighing. 

“No.. I don’t think so.. There’s nothing left for me there.. I rather stay here and enjoy my work and my life.. Life’s pretty good at the moment..” the scene of his parents’ funeral day was still vivid in his mind and he let out a deep sigh once again while his hands played with his camera.

“Well.. I’m – I’m sorry for being nosy but why did you say that? Isn’t Korea out homeland? You looked sad when recalling about Korea. Anything wrong Jaejoong-sshi?” a sincere caring tone was evident in the guy’s voice, making Jaejoong crane his neck towards the guy. 

“I—“ Jaejoong contemplated whether to tell about his past to an ultimate stranger and end up crying his eyes up later that night. “It’s ok if you don’t want to share, Jaejoong-sshi” a warm smile graze the young man’s face. “I lost my parents in a car accident 4 years ago..

” I’m so sorry Jaejoong-sshi..” Changmin scooted closer to the almost sobbing man and places his hand on top of Jaejoong’s right hand. Jaejoong looks at the hand that covers his own and he averted his eyes to Changmin’s caring orbs.

“It’s a long time ago.. It’s ok.. I’ve learn to accept the fact” Jaejoong flashes a weak smile to tell the other that he’s fine. 

“Now you have a reason to visit Korea Jaejoong-sshi.. You can come and visit me in Korea. Hehehe” Changmin tries his best to enlighten the almost gloomy mood surrounding Jaejoong at the moment. 

“Thank you, Changmin-sshi” a sincere smile creeps up on both mans’ face.

“You can just call me Changmin. I hope we can be friends after this, Jaejoong-sshi. I like talking to you..”

“Ah~ please, drop the formalities.. You can also call me Jaejoong~” Jaejoong feels comfortable talking to Changmin. He feels like he connected with Changmin and like they’ve known for years. 

“How old are you if I may ask Jaejoong?” Changmin was smiling happily when he knows he can call Jaejoong without the –sshi.

“I’m 26. You?”

“Ahhh~~ So, that means you’re my hyung.. should I call you hyung instead?”

“Never mind. Just Jaejoong is fine. Hyung makes me feel old! Haha” Jaejoong giggled while clasping his hand to his mouth. 

Being with Changmin, makes Jaejoong forget about the ‘guy’ he’s been chasing after before this. 

Smiling sweetly ‘He shouldn’t hide that charming smile. Ever.’ Changmin thought. 

There, on the deck of the world’s second largest cruise ship, a new bond called friendship is made and maybe something more to come.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Ahhh~~ Chapter 3 finished!! Dang!! While I was writing this, I have a severe headache and its making me sleepy and nausea!!! Urgh!! Thank god its gone now.. 

So, now Changmin is in the picture. Hehehe. Wonder what’s going on after this?


I'm sorry for any mistakes.. No one to prove-read this thing.. Gomen!! *bribes with yunjae cookies