I can't breathe. I can't falter.

Unbreakable. Irreplaceable.

Because of the violent reactions about my previous announcement... I have decided to keep this plotline.
However, I will pursue the other plotline I was supposed to change this with.
You can check it out here:

The Space Between

And I'm sorry for writing a crappy chapter.
Not writing for a long time makes my writing really rusty. OTL

=======================================================================

She said…

 

It was a bright Monday morning, a start of another week. I was scrambling the things in my locker, trying to find the ones I’m going to need for my early classes when my mind drifted elsewhere. After the incident at the soccer field with Junhyung the other day, I have been constantly seeing images of his face….and smile….the way he flips his fringe to the side when it’s covering his eyes…..the strangely weird sound of his melodious laughter….the way he glows when the sun hits his face with beady sweat trickling down….

 

My thoughts have been interrupted by a knock on the locker beside mine. I was a bit shocked by the sudden noise it made that I dropped some of my books on my feet. Thank god they weren’t heavy and hardbound or I might have bruises all over it. I bent down to pick my books up when Kikwang beat me to it. He was already picking them up and piling them on his hands. I stood up just in time as he did and I laughed a bit when I saw he was wearing his dorky glasses.

 

“What happened to you? Back to being a nerd?” I grinned as I took over the books he was holding as I say the words “Thanks.”

 

He gave me a slight glare, almost unnoticeable from the rims of his glasses that are almost covering his beautiful eyes. “Hey, these are fashionable! I see some people wearing the same kind. But no one can pull them off the way I do.”

 

“Yeah, okay. So we can pretend I believe you, Kwangie.” I chuckled as I closed the door of my locker, making sure it’s safely locked before I went on and started walking. Kikwang always walk me to my morning classes. Reason why I know he’ll be walking beside me as we be fighting over this usual argument about him and his big “fashionable” glasses.

 

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pointed at his glasses as he blabbered, “Seriously, this makes me look more attractive right? I mean, it makes me look smart and reliable. Which I am, if you didn’t know that yet.” From how we look right now, strangers will think that he and I are going out. I find that really funny when one of Kikwang’s admirers come up to me and ask me if we were really going out. To which I only laugh and tell them the truth, and that gains me lots of “Thank you’s” and “I knew it’s”.

 

I nudged his toned stomach and laughed, “Wanna know the ugly truth, Kikwang?” He looked at me with his clueless face and a slight pout which I always thought was the cutest expression I’ve seen besides his smiling eyes. I stopped in my tracks and turned to face him as I smile widely, my gums protruding again like it always did.

 

“To be honest, those glasses do look good on you. But, in my opinion…” I uttered the words as I took off his glasses. “…you look the best without them. Let everyone see your beautiful eyes.” I folded the temples of his glasses and took his hand, placing his glasses on them. “Trust me.”

 

He was still looking at me. And in that moment, I couldn’t read Kikwang’s face. I’m pretty sure I haven’t seen him look at me that way before. My smiling face turned into confusion, gazing back into the eyes that looked so foreign to me I wasn’t sure if it was my bestfriend.

 

As I tried to read his expression and failing to do so, the bell rang and it both caught us off guard that we both jumped a bit. I started walking away as fast as I could, fearing being tardy for my first class and turned to him with a smile on my face while he still stood staring at me. “See you later, Kwangie. Okay? Text me but don’t get caught!”

 

I started running fast, my footsteps echoed through the corridor. I spotted the door of my class and I huffed a breath of relief as I reached for the knob when someone else did—making our hands touch. I looked up to see who it was and I swear I could’ve dropped my books again when I saw….

 

Yong Junhyung….. smiling down at me as if he planned everything in his head and it’s going all too well.

 

I can’t breathe.

 

 

He said….

 

My heart went in an insane heart rate when she took off my glasses and uttered words I didn’t really hear for I was lost in her eyes—the shape of the crescent moon, shining brighter than the stars and her beautiful perfect teeth with her gummy smile showing as it always did. It was a sight of true natural beauty. I felt my cheeks burning as her touch sent a tingling sensation on my skin that it wanted to hold her more when she let go. Right at that moment, as I look into her eyes, I wanted to tell my bestfriend that I’m in love with her. How she is perfect in all ways I could think of… every smile, every movement, every word, every breath, everything. But doubts crept upon me. Consequences. Fear. Cowardice. Rejection.

 

Before I could make a decision, the bell rang—signaling me “Time’s up! Better luck next time.” I watched as she became out of sight when she ran for her first class, cursing myself in my head—mad at how I always let go of my grasp on her whenever I get the chance to actually get her attention.

 

I slumped as I dragged my feet to my class and entered the room with a face of disappointment written all over it. My despair was interrupted by a sudden nudge on my arm by my seatmate, Min. I looked at her, seemingly uninterested to what she wants to say. Honestly uninterested at anything at that moment, feeling the day would just as much as how it started. “What’s up, Min?” I muttered.

 

“I was going to ask you the same thing. You don’t look so good, Kiki.” I could read the worry in her face and in the tone of her voice. So I tried to smile as best as I could to hide all the emotions I was bottling up—hoping for her not to leave anything as it is and drop the subject.

 

“I’m okay, Min. Just sleepy from last night. I stayed up watching the NBA Finals.” I managed to let out a convincing chuckle and probably a convincing smile as well because Min suddenly beamed and chuckled too.

 

Her voice cheerful as she always had been. “Oh really?! You know I was also wat—“ Her sentence was interrupted by our teacher who just walked in the classroom and greeted everyone a good morning. To which the whole class greeted back.

 

The teacher started his lecture as I tried hard to concentrate on what he was saying, despite the emotions all mixed up inside of me. While I lazily scribble notes from the lecture, I felt Min’s hand sneakily leaving a small note on my desk. I looked at her with a confused look and she just smiled before going back to taking down notes.

 

I looked down at my desk and read the note she gave. A smile formed on my lips and my eyes disappeared as it almost closed from the wideness of my smile.

 

“P.S. Those glasses looked good on you.♥”

 

I mouthed the words “Thank you” at her and grinned which she responded with another smile and motioned me to put it on. I remembered what Hyosung told me and slowly shook my head as I showed a soft smile, whispering the word “Sorry.”

 

I can’t falter.