I'm in love with her. I love him.

Unbreakable. Irreplaceable.

 

He said….

 

“Hyosung!” I shouted the familiar name as a huge smile formed on my face.

 

She turned around—looking for the person she has always known, and that’ll be me. Through the crowd, she spotted me running out towards her with a goofy smile on my face. As if the sight of me is too majestic for her, she flashed her beautiful gummy smile and called out my name.

 

"Oh, Kikwang-ah! I’ve been looking for you, actually. And then you popped up.” She let out a soft chuckle that chimed in my ears like a bell on a breezy summer morning.

 

I couldn’t help grinning so widely. “I read your mind. It was so loud, I could hear it from my class. So I came running and looking for my troubled bestfriend.” I ruffled her hair and I knew she was going to explode.

 

“YAH! LEE KIKWANG! How many times do I have to tell you?! NO MESSING WITH MY HAIR!” She punched my arm and I hoped it was a light one. But with her strong knuckles, I swear it hurt even when I have such bulging muscles. She fixed her hair while mumbling angry things at me. And I just couldn’t help laughing while rubbing my arm which still throbs from the strong punch she gave me.

 

“Sorry, Sungie. Won’t happen again. I promise.” I used my aegyo on her. Something that she can’t resist for some really weird reason, I dunno what. And I could now see her face lightening up. She smiled again—widely, this time.

 

“I know you’re using your aegyo at me to make me forgive you. But I do. Come. We promised to study at the library today.” She grabbed my arm and led the way towards the library. I looked at how she held my arm and I smiled to myself.

 

“Sungie, do I really have to come with you? You know you can study on your own. Spare my soul this time.” I said.

 

“No. You’re failing your Chemistry class. I can’t just sit around and do nothing, you know.” She looked at me and smiled.

 

I couldn’t help smiling back and rejecting her when she looks at me like that. I heaved a fake sigh. “Fine. You just don’t want us to go home and be separated.” I nudged her lightly.

 

She laughed her gorgeous laugh and nudged back. “Mind reader. Yes, I don’t want to go home yet. I wanna be with my bestfriend for a while.”

 

And with that, my heart skipped a beat like how it usually did. But this time, it’s different. It skipped a beat because she wanted to be with me. And I’m awfully ecstatic to hear those words from her. I wanted to whisper in her ears and tell her that I wanna be with her too. Forever, if possible. But I wouldn’t want to ruin what we have. Our friendship is too precious and I don’t want my feelings for her to get in the way of it.

 

So I just simply replied. “I wanna be with you too, Hyosung.”
I'm in love with her.

 

She said…

 

I smiled widely as I heard those words coming from him. I miss my best friend everytime we’re apart. I should be already sick of his face since I’ve been around him ever since we were 10. But, weird enough, I can’t seem to be away from him for too long.

 

We reached the silent haven of the library. And we automatically went quiet. Although I know for sure, we would be snickering and giggling in a corner later. But that’s for later. Wouldn’t want the librarian to kick us out even before we can even come inside.

 

We walked around close to each other and looked for empty seats and tables. He spotted two vacant ones at the very back of the library and pointed at it as he smiled his wonderful eye smile at me. I couldn’t help smiling back whenever he flashed his famous eye smile. Like any girls who fawn over him, I’m attracted to his smile. But unlike them, I don’t really see him that way. For sure, he’s my bestfriend. But I haven’t really thought of us being more than that. All I know is that I love his company, his comforting presence, his smile, his laugh, his lameness, his jokes, his…. Probably everything.

 

I sat on the chair and he sat right across of me. And he smiled before whispering, “So what now?”

 

I silently chuckled. “Pabo. This is the part where we study.”

 

“I don’t want to.” He smiled.

 

I rolled my eyes. “Of course you don’t.” I got book from my bag and started flipping through it when a paper plane poked my head. I lifted my head up and looked at Kikwang. He was snickering like a weird boy across of me as I realized it was him. I picked up the paper plane from the floor and shoved it in his mouth while he was laughing silently with his mouth open.

 

He widened his eyes and spat out the paper plane on his mouth. He jumped up from his seat and shouted at me. “YAH!!!”

 

Everyone in the library turned their heads towards us and immediately shushed us. “SHHHHHH!!!”

 

Kikwang suddenly covered his mouth and bowed as I was suppressing my laughter. I buried my face on my book and was laughing on it as I heard footsteps coming closer.

 

“Lee Kikwang. Jeon Hyosung. Out of the library. Now.”

 

I looked up to see a furious face of the librarian who had her hair tied up in a bun. I stood up while pouting and bowed at her before gathering my things. I motioned Kikwang to come out with me and he willfully did. We were walking towards the exit of the library with our heads down because we know everyone in the library are staring at us.

 

As we were outside of the library, we looked at each other and stared for a while before bursting into fits of laughter.

 

“Pabokwang! You always get us in trouble!” I headlocked him.

 

He was struggling from my grasp as he said. “Yah! It was your fault!”

 

“And that’s why you love me so much. I make your life miserable.” I let go of him and stuck my tongue out.

 

He didn’t respond and he just stared at me with a serious look on his face. I stared back at him wondering what could be going on in his mind. “What? Did I say something you didn’t like?”

 

He suddenly snapped out of it and quickly looked away. “N-No. Let’s just go. I’ll drive you home.”

 

He walked off leaving me behind. “What has gotten into him?” I muttered to myself. I didn’t realize he was walking so fast so I ran out for him. I put my arm on his shoulder like what I always did and hit him lightly on his stomach which has now toned abs. He pretended to be hurt and we laughed together again. We walked like that all the way to his car.

 

Being with him is such a comfort. He brings out my natural self and I can’t help having fun. He surely deserves to be my best friend. I can't even imagine my life without his presence. Life without him is like a chair without a back rest. I'd fall when I lean back.

I love him.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"He said" is Kikwang. OBVIOUSLY.
"She said" is Hyosung.
I hope you liked the first chapter. I tried my best to post up a chapter just so you'll know how I write.
Not that confident though. I think it's pretty boring. ><
I'll try better next time. HUHU.

Side note:
Kikwang is IN LOVE with Hyosung.
Hyosung LOVES Kikwang.
In my perspective, it's different.
You can love someone without being in love with them. So, even though they love each other, they're on a different level.
Well, let's see how this progresses until they're finally on the same level of love. <3

Thanks for reading!