Chapter 14

If Only

 

“Changmin-oppa, I’ll be free at 5pm later. Yes...we can meet to discuss about the designs. Yeah, alright, see you later! Thanks a lot, oppa!” Seohyun said brightly in the phone, she then hung up.

“Kyu, sorry, I’m busy now. I have to meet Changmin-oppa later to discuss about work. Can you settle your dinner on your own tonight?” Seohyun said apologetically. “Whyyyy! It’s the third time in the row already!” Kyuhyun whined. “Really sorry baby, I will make it up to you alright?” Seohyun said. “Yeah yeah, alright, don’t come back so late okay.” Kyuhyun gave in. “Alright, thanks Kyu, I love you.” Seohyun said.

“Changmin-oppa!” Seohyun called out as Changmin walked in their store. “Seo! I’ve brought everything already.” Changmin smiled brightly. “Thanks Oppa, I really don’t know what to do without you. Our goods have been selling fast, so we’re pretty low in stock now.” Seohyun said.

“No problem! Come on, let’s see what you need, and I will get my guys to send it over to your shop.” Changmin said. “Relax a little, Seo, Kyuhyun have been complaining to me about you not spending time with him.” Changmin chuckled.

“Eh..Eh? He said that to you?” Seohyun blushed. “Yeah, I didn’t have much time to accompany him for the past few weeks, you know, business was good and I’ve been really busy since Yoona and Yuri unnie went overseas to get other stocks.”

“Yeah...he should be able to understand. Don’t worry. Are you done already? Let me send you back.” Changmin offered. “Yeah okay, let me get my bag.” Seohyun replied.

Changmin helped Seohyun to lock up her shop and he went over to get the car while she waited along the roadside. When he arrived, he found Seohyun clutching her abdomen while squatting on the ground. He panicked and ran towards her.

“Seohyun-ah, what happened! Are you alright?” He asked worriedly, hands around her shoulders. “My...my tummy hurts... a lot.” She managed to say out. “Let me bring you to the hospital.” Changmin said as he picked up Seohyun and carried her into his car. He removed his coat and lay it on her, then put on the safety belt for her and chucked her fringe to the side.

Meanwhile, Kyuhyun saw everything from his car. He didn’t know what happened, he wanted to surprise Seohyun by picking her up from work, but now, he was sure his heart wasn’t feeling good. He sat in his car and tried to calm himself down, trying not to make any assumptions, until his phone rang. “Kyuhyun-ah, Seo’s in the hospital right now. Hurry over!”

He got nervous and immediately made his way there. ‘Oh god...not again, please.’

=====

“Kyu...why are you here?” Seohyun asked weakly. “Are you alright? What happened!” Kyuhyun asked, ignoring her question. “It’s just a bad gastric...I’m fine, really.” She said. “Yah you always remind me not to skip meals, why are you not following your own logics and rules!” Kyuhyun said angrily. “Oppa...don’t make a scene here...I’m sorry alright?” Seohyun replied softly. Kyuhyun turned away and looked at Changmin. “So what did the doctor said?”

“He gave her a jab to stop the pain, and also some painkillers if she needs it. She can leave already, just have to ensure she take her meals regularly and also not to have stress herself out too much. Her body is a little weak now.” Changmin replied him. “Kyuhyun-ah, don’t be too harsh on her. She’s been busy lately.”

“Like I don’t know.” Kyuhyun said sharply. He gathered Seohyun’s belongings and helped her down the bed. He put his arms around her shoulders and led her to the car. Seohyun looked back and bowed slowly and said, "Thank you Changmin-oppa." "Take care, Seo. See you soon." Changmin replied, as Kyuhyun only acknowledged with a nod.  It sounded really unpleasant to Kyuhyun's ears. He did not know why, but he was firing inside. Upon reaching home, he opened the door to let her in and he went straight to their room and into the bed.

 

Seohyun sighed as she knew she had made Kyuhyun angry. She walked over and sat beside him, touching him lightly on his shoulders. “Oppa...I’m sorry. I promise I won’t let you worry again.” She said softly as she hugged his waist. Still, there was no reaction from him.

“Kyu...” She said, begging. Suddenly, she squirmed in pain, hugging her tummy with her arms. Kyuhyun immediately shot up from bed and hugged her. “Seo! Are you alright? Let me get you your painkillers.” She then grabbed his wrist and pulled him back to her embrace. “Kyu...nothing hurts more than you ignoring me.”

“Yah..I’m trying to be serious here Seo Joohyun. Are you really okay now?” He said seriously. “Yes oppa, I only did that for you to talk to me. Else, you would still be ignoring me right?” She chuckled lightly. “Yah...you...you!” Kyuhyun couldn’t helped but pinch her cheeks as she begged for forgiveness. She managed to release her cheeks from his strong arms and she pulled him into a hug. “I’m sorry, I really am. Please forgive me else I won’t be able to sleep tonight.” She said.

Kyuhyun pushed her away from him while looking into her eyes. He then pointed to his lips and looked at her with his puppy eyes. With that, Seohyun pounced on him, giving him the most passionate kiss ever.