The White Day - The Lost Hope

Open Your Heart!

 

 

"Ha! You see? You chose the right decision. I think I should be rewarded for giving good advice. Hahaha." Lexy bragged herself.

"Well, maybe. But I don't think he's into me. Today is the white day and I am freaking out. What if he doesn't give me something back o-or rejected my confession. What if he doesn't even remember me?" I took a breath and continued in whisper, "What if he already gets himself a- girlfriend?"

"A GIRLFRIEND?" She raised her voice. People were staring at us.

"PSSSSSST!" I shush her.

"Don't be such a negative thinker, ______. Everything's going to be fine. I know he's into you just by looking at him. Why are you so clueless? Jeez."

"Hey, you two, are you going to talk there all day? Come on in! We're leaving." A teacher called for us. I look around and realized that we were the only one who's left. Everyone had gone in the bus. We ran up and got in the bus.

We took the only seat left. I looked around, other students were talking to each other, laughing and eating snacks. And I found Kyuhyun were sitting with his best friend, Donghae, surrounded by girls two seats afar from me. I could only see the back of his head. My chest felt heavy. I looked down to my shoes. Today was the school trip and I knew I didn't stand a chance to get anywhere near him. The girls were always getting attached to him.

"Yah, what's with the long face?" Lexy asked me.

"Nothing." I replied without looking at her.

"Kyuhyun? There are so many girls around him, huh? Look! He's looking at you." I upped up my chin just to find that it was a lie. I stared at Lexy. "What? I swear he was looking at you. Don't you see it?"

"Please, Lexy, I know you just want to make me feel better, but you just make it worse. I'll just sleep, wake me up when we arrived." I said to her and force myself to sleep although I didn't sleepy at all. I felt like crying.

"A-alright then. B-but really it wasn't a lie- aish, whatever." Lexy answered, but I didn't respond to her. I just felt like losing hope.

***

I heard sounds and it woke me up, we had arrived already, but I wonder why Lexy didn't wake me up. I look at her and found she was sleeping too. I laughed, she just so pretty. Suddenly I felt like someone was watching over me. But when I'm looking around, no one was staring at me. Nah, it was just my imagination, wasn't it? I turned my face to found Lexy who already woke up and now grinned at me. "Staring at him, you started to be brave, huh?" she teased me.

I blushed, "N-no. I wasn't staring at him."

"I see, you're not staring at him." She repeated me with playful tone in her voice.

I just ignored her and started to gather my things and left her. "Yah! Wait for me!" Lexy shouted at me, I turned at her and grinned at her. But then my grin disappeared when I bumped into someone. My things fell with me to the floor. Ouch, it didn't feel good.

"Are you okay?" A voice made me looked up. Oh, no, it's Kyuhyun. My heart started to race. I backed off. He looked at me in confusion.

"I-I am okay." I said as I quickly gathered my things. He was about to help me, but I didn't give him any chance to help me. I kept picking things he was about to pick for me. I was bumped to him, there's no way I would let him help me. As soon as I finished gather my things. I apologized to him and left.

I ran down the bus and sat on the bench under the tree. I-I can't breathe! I was taking a deep breath when I heard Lexy calling my name as she ran to me. "What was that? You, pabo." She said to me.

"W-what?" I answered her, what was wrong?

"'What' you said?" She looked at me. I just kept my silence. "You've done something wrong to him. You didn't even let him help you. It's like you hate him."

"W-what? B-but you know I don't hate him." I said to her as I looked down to my feet.

"I know, but it just looked like that since you avoided him, backed off like that."

"Oh no, what have I done? What am I suppose to do now, Lexy??"

"You shou-" Lexy's words were cut by Mrs. Shin who told us to gather in the field in front of the museum. I look at her, she groaned and walk to the field with me. She was upset that she didn't get the chance to lecture me. I laughed it off and she laughed too.

***

Our class had divided to several groups. I was really sad that I wasn't in the same group as neither Lexy nor Kyuhyun. But, nah, I came here for learning things, not chatting or flirting.

"This is the oldest and the most valuable statue in the period of your highness ..." the teacher started to explain things about this scary statue inside the big glass box I was looking at. It's the fifth ancient archaeological remains we had been looking at.

But something had bothering me since my group tour started. No, it's not a motive of my dislike to the history lesson. It just that I felt like someone had watching me all this time. And the only group who went together in the tour with my group was Kyuhyun's group. Does he's the one who was watching over me? Hahaha, nah, that's impossible.

I was moving on to the rest place along with the rest of my group. And then again I felt like someone was watching me. This time I didn't turn my head to see who was watching me over. I sat on a bench near this cute statue of cat and turned my head so suddenly and caught Kyuhyun was watching over me. He looked surprised, but then smiled to me. I smiled back to him. Well, although he was surrounded by girls who immediately attacked him when the rest time came, he was nice enough to look at me and even give his smile. Is it a good sign?

In the middle of my happiest moment, Lexy came and dragged me somewhere. I was so upset that she ruined my perfect moment.

We stopped in girl restroom. "What are you doing Lexy? You just ruined my happiest moment you know that?" I said to her in anger, well, I don't really know how to be mad, but I think it was enough to show I was upset with her. But she just stood there, stared at her feet. It's like she was going to say something, but she did not.

"Ah, whatever, I am going to get back to the rest place." I said to her and walk to the door.

I was holding to the doorknob when Lexy opened , "My parents are going to divorce this week." My hand fell from the knob and I turned my body to found her in the verge of crying. I felt such a bad best friend. All I was caring about was just me and my stupid love life.

I ran to her and hugged her. Her tears were flowing down and I felt it drenched my shoulder. It was one of the rarest situations I had ever met in my life. Found Lexy crying was like seeing the desert raining.

I felt my tears flowing down too. I was really upset of myself. "I am so sorry Lexy, I am so sorry." I kept repeating those words. "I was just thinking about myself and all of love things that I didn't even realize something had happened to you." I know that Lexy's parents weren't really close, but I didn't think they would make the decision that would sacrifice Lexy.

"I promised from now on I'll really think about you, I will forget this entire stupid love thing. Our friendship means more than anything." I promised to Lexy.

***

Lexy, whose back to her cheerful personality and I got off from the bus. We had back to school again. I walked away after saying goodbye to Lexy who's now went to the west side of school where her driver was waiting for her in the car. While me? I had to walk home. Well, there was no way my mom picking me up since she had to take care of my little sister, my dad? He worked somewhere outside this country. Honestly, Lexy was offering me a drive to my home, but I refused her offer. I know she was tired enough from those entire heavy burden she had carried in the entire trip. And actually I just felt like walking home. I really love the night.

I walked across the parking lot as I looked down at my feet. My heart just felt really hurt knowing the white day is going to be over in few more minutes. There's no way he liked me too. And even if he is, I think it's over now.

Falling for him just didn't give me any benefit. It's been like months, and all this time I just talked about me and him to Lexy. I didn't even realize she was having a big big problem. I just realize how selfish I am. I'm just glad, she's such a forgiver.

"_______!" I heard someone calling my name. I turned and found Kyuhyun was standing a few meters from me.

I noticed he was holding on to something wrapped in hearts-patterned wrapper. He started to speak as he walked towards me, "Listen _____, I am so sorry for not approaching you today at all. I have something to say to you, but you know the girls-"

“It’s okay. Just stop.” I said to him as I looked down to my feet. I didn’t believe I would do this. He stood there, in confusion. I looked at him and awkwardly smiling, “The night is already really late, you see? I really have to go home. I don’t want to worry my mom. I think you should go back to them, they’re waiting for you.” I referred to girls with upset face in front of the bus. I stopped for a second, held my tears in. “Nah, I guess I’ll see you at school, Kyuhyun.” I walked away, left him in the worst state. I don’t know how he feels like now, but I surely know how I really feel right now.

And with that, I knew I’ve ruined my perfect chance. The only chance I might have had. My chance is gone just like the white day. But no, I don’t feel any remorse. I did this for both of us – no, it’s the best for me, him and Lexy.

 

Nah, I guess it’s the end of story, isn’t it?