The Decision

Open Your Heart!

 

 

----- _____’s POV -----          

Valentine is near – it's tomorrow, actually. I told myself as I stared blankly at the picture I've been working on these two hours of art class. What do I know about valentine? That's a day where girls giving boys chocolate to express their love.

Love, huh?

I looked behind me to found a boy I've been placed my heart to for several years was smiling at his own painting. Many girls were surrounding him, flirting – oh what so ever. But then he suddenly looked back at me and smiled. It surprised me. I turned my head back, faced my painting. I blushed! Oh my god, he must have a bad thought about me. Stared at people is not a right manner, especially when you're not someone close. I barely knew him!

Okay, you might wonder, how could I fall for him when I don't know him? Oh, come on. Which girl wouldn't fall for him? – Well, maybe not my best friend, Lexy. She's a foreigner, she said she only like someone foreign too – I mean, he's perfect. He had everything a girl dreamt of. But, you know what? I don't like him because all of that. I don't know why I love him.

I just... love him.

I might have fallen for him. But, I can't do anything to flirt – err, get to know him better so I could get the chance to be loved back by him. I mean, look at me. I am not that beautiful, I am not that smart, I am lacking everywhere. The only thing I am good at is English. That's why Lexy interested at me and be my best friend at the end. I don't talk when it's not necessary, in simple way, a stolid girl. While he – you know, popular.

I stared silently at my painting. There was really nothing special. A girl with long hair was sitting on the swing in the backyard of her house, alone. "That's a nice painting." A voice woke me up from my thought. I turned my head and found him. Cho Kyuhyun. The perfect guy I fell for. He praised me, oh my god he praised my painting.

He stared at me. He waited for me to respond him. But I just stared back at him with my eyes wide open. I couldn't believe that he stood here in front of me and actually complimented my painting. It's not that I didn't want to talk to him. I just couldn't breathe! Help me!

*RRRRRRRRING*

The school bell rang, time to go home. I am saved! Oh, no, I did not. He still stood there. "Err, thank you?" I opened my mouth. He laughed. Wh-what? What I've done wrong?

"Hahaha." Lexy suddenly came out and laughed awkwardly. "She's not getting enough sleep last night that's why she's being like this. Hahaha. Right, _____?"

"Wh-" I am about to deny it when she turned her head at me, signaled me with her blue eyes. "Ah, yes, hahaha." I blurted out.

"Okay, we have to go, she needs a lot of sleep tonight~." Lexy said to Kyuhyun while I just stared at him.

"Alright, get enough sleep okay, _____? You will get sick if you're not. See you tomorrow." He said as he smiled to me. Lexy grabbed her and my bag and dragged me out the class. I turned my head and saw him stared at us. He smiled and waved at me. I would die of happiness.

***

“Yah! What was that? Are you stupid or what?” Lexy’s voice dragged me back to earth. She handed me my bag.

“W-what?” I answered as I hung my bag over my shoulder. She suddenly stopped walking. I stopped too and stared at her.

“You’re stupid or slow, really? Argh, why do I have to tell you about everything?” She started to walk again as she shook her hair, feeling frustrated – I think?

“Yaah! Wait!” I ran after her. “Tell me, what’s wrong??” I begged her.

“Ahh, molla molla.” She shrugged eagerly.

“Come on, tell meeee.”

“Alright.” She stopped, I stopped too. She turned at me, “Listen, you look like an idiot.”

“Ha?”

“You look like an idiot.”

“…”

“He came near you, praised you. But you just kept your silences and staring at him like an idiot. He waited for you to respond for so long and you just answered ‘err, thank you’? Oh, come on~!” She stared at me with frustrated face. “That was a good chance for you to get to know him and you messed everything.” Here she comeeee. This always been one side of her, you might think she’s a little mean – frontal, but I like it, she’s an honest, care and straightforward girl.

"B-but I couldn't breathe back there!" I defended myself.

"Oh, right, you always like that near him. Why do you love him anyway?" She said to me as she started to walk again.

"I've told you I don't know. I just - love him."

"Hey." She stopped. "I think you should go confess your feeling to him this valentine. Since there's no way you could hold your feeling inside forever why you're not doing it tomorrow?"

"I-I don't know." I blushed. "It's easy for you to say. You know - he may doesn't even like me. I mean there's nothing I could proud of myself - beside the English maybe." I looked down at my feet.

"Why are you talking like that? There's a possibility in everything you know? And it's better than nothing at all. Do you want to love him all your life without knowing how he feels about you? Wondering like an idiot. Is that what you really want?"

I don't know. What do I want?

We continued our walk to our own house without any talk. She left me alone to think. She's always been like that.

***

I stared at my room's ceiling as I lied down on my bed. I thought about what Lexy said. She might be right. But if I do that, what would he say? I would never be able to face him anymore!

Aaaaah. I rolled on my bed, frustrated.

I should do it. I woke up and sat down on my bed. It doesn't matter whether he would accept my feeling or not. It matters. I lied back on my bed. But, I didn't want to be like this forever. It's fine. I don't care whether it ended up bad or good. I just have to do it. There would be no ending if I keep being like this. I have nothing to lose anyway.

I woke up and straightened my shirt. I grabbed my wallet and started to walk my way to the supermarket to buy things I need for this mission.

***

I stood hesitantly in the kitchen, held on to a whisk with an apron on me. No, it's not because I can't cook - I can cook! Really! It's just because the fear kept trying to get inside my head.

Andwae! I have made up my mind and I definitely have to do this.