Chapter 1

Secret Hearts

Your alarm clock rings. "Aigoo~" you think. "Can that stupid thing just shut up?" You get up reluctantly and shuffle across the room to shut it off. Then you get up and get dressed in your uniform.

You go across the apartment to wake up your roomate, Yubin.

"Yubin-ah, time to get ready for school~!"

She grumbles.

"Jebal. Five more minutes!"

"You've already slept in, Yubin!"

"Aish. Fine. I'll get up."

Yubin wakes up even slower than you, as you walk across the room to the kitchen. You quickly make some pajeon for breakfast, and by the time you're finished, Yubin comes out to join you.

"Yah, Ji Ae-ah, when are you going to make something other than pajeon?"

"Whenever we have more money," you laugh.

"Crap!" Yubin says. "It's almost time for school!"

You run out the front door as fast as your legs can carry you. Yubin follows close behind. You arrive at school, breathless. On the ground, Yubin finds some slips of paper.

"Ji Ae-ah, look at these!"

You look at the paper; it says:

"Come to Ok Taecyeon's Party

This Saturday

8:00 PM to Midnight

Invitation needed for entry"

You gasp and look at Yubin. Ok Taecyeon is a third-year, and his partioes are supposed to be the best in the school. He's also a good-looking guy with lots of girls after him. But more importantly to you, he's friends with the handsome exchange student from Thailand- Horvejkul Nichkhun. Ever since his first day at the school, you had noticed his charming smile, and his friendly eyes. And pretty soon, you had developed a crush on him. Yubin sometimes pokes fun at you for it, but usually sympathizes and gives advice just like a good best friend.

"Yubin~ Nichkhun sunbae will be there!" you squeal quietly.

"Of course," she said. "And, the music will be amazing. I'm looking forward to dancing all night long."

You laugh. Most people go to parties for guys. Yubin goes to dance.

Normally, you would too. But with the humongous possibility of someone being there, you decide you have a greater mission- getting him to dance with you.

"He has to dance with me," you say to her. Her eyes widen.

"Remember what happened last time you talked to him?" You gulp as it replays in your mind. You had practically tripped over your feet and almost fallen. You had felt like an idiot, and all you had managed to blurt out was "Annyeonghaseyo. Jeoneun Park Ji Ae ieyo" and bow quickly. He had smiled and returned the greeting, and naturally you had grinned back, beforing waving goodbye and leaving with knees that were more loose than noodles in a bowl of yukgaejang. As soon as you walked away you felt like a complete fool.

"Well," you continue. "This time, it's going to be different. It's going to work out."

"I hope so," Yubin replies.