First Day of School

You and I

Bom's POV

So I woke up in the morning and I could hear Hwa Yun snoring! Today was the first day of school. I was excited yet not excited at the same time. Senior year; last year. 

Every year at Seoul Arts High School, new students come and some move away. My two stepsisters, CL and Minzy are selfish. They get what they want. They try to be popular with the Queenkas like Lee Sung Min (Sung Min), Park Sandara (Dara), and Wang Ji Hye (Ji Hye) since Junior High School. They get what they want and they feel like they own the school. They all consider themselves “pretty”. Out of all, Sung Min is the leader of the Queenkas. Very deadly. 

So I drove to Wooyoung’s house to pick him up. His dad was very strict about his singing career. Wooyoung was a “normal” guy who liked everyone and making new friends was his thing. He gets along with everyone. He calls himself a “nerd”, which he called himself that because he thinks he’s the wisest. He has the cutest eyes ever! But for sure, he is the coolest, sweetest, and nicest person I have ever met. You see, he is such a good friend that not only does he know about my birthday or what my favorite anything is, he knows most of my emotions or reactions to anything. That’s the scariest part; him knowing things before I even say anything. It’s like he knows my mind like Edward Cullen in the book Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. 

We got to school and there was no parking spot left. I guess everyone was excited for school then. I saw the red convertible. That was Sung Min’s car. Here’s a secret. Wooyoung has a little crush on Sung Min which I thought was hilarious. Sung Min has no idea and she doesn’t like him. She likes this guy who I have no idea who. I guess someone new. 

The first day of school so far was okay; seeing old friends and hanging out until the bell. We had to meet in the auditorium for the first day of school assembly. The principal, Mr. Im Hyun Sik (Mr. Hyun Sik) came to talk to us about the upcoming events and school year. Same as last year. 

So we all went to our first class. Wooyoung was in my class plus this friend named Nichkhun Horvejkul (Nichkhun) who was a robot/satellite/alien freak. It was most likely for him to go to a technology high school but he wanted to be a drummer.

“Hey Bom!”

“Hey Nichkhun.” I waved at him. 

“How was  your summer?”

“Same old like last year; working at the diner and been practicing for the KPOP audition. How about you?”

“Well, my summer was unlike any other,” Nichkhun said.

“How so?” I asked.

“I went to outer space in my dreams. It was so weird. I saw UFOs and aliens. They’re real, Bom! Instead of being green, they’re purple!” 

I looked at him. He had the happiest expression ever.

“You know what’s the best part? I got to play the drums for them. They were dancing to my music! I wish I can just relive it again.” Nichkhun said. 

I stared at him even more but the imagination is a creative place.

“Wow Nichkhun,” I said. “It sounds so real. I bet it was cool, huh.”

“Yep. You got it. Well,” he said checking his watch, “I have to go. I’ll see you later.”

We wave off. Sometimes I never know when to take him seriously. He is a great drummer but then he has that robot/satellite/alien routine of his. I’m looking forward to what he has in store for him. 

Our teacher, Mr. Yin talked to us about what was happening in his class. He was a singer back in his days. He wasn’t famous though. 

After all our classes, we went to lunch. Wooyoung and I usually sit together at our own table and that was okay. Anyone who would like to join was welcomed.

 

 

 

KPOP is not related to SBS KPOP audition. It's just a short phrase for the name of audition. 

Sorry for not posting. I think it's been a year. I feel bad about it. Sorry. I'm trying to get my story going. I didn't know it was going to be this hard. I am trying to post at least once a week or once every two weeks. That's my goal. Thank you for being patient.